2012 Pokemon TCG World Championship Decks

KickitupDude

Aspiring Trainer
Here is the press release:

There are four powerful decks to choose from - each one a card-for-card replica of an actual title-contender's deck from the 2012 World Championships! Learn winning strategies from a selection of the best players in the game and start making your own plans for the 2013 World Championships!

Each Pokemon TCG World Championships deck contains:

60-Card Deck (cards have a different back and are not tournament-legal)
2012 World Championships Booklet
2012 World Championships Deckbox
A special 2012 World Championships Pin

The decks will be released in November 2012.

I hope they pick a random deck because i honestly don't want 2 darkrai mewtwo decks :/ I hope we get something rogue :D Hell the vileplume chandelure deck with mew was one of my favorite decks from this season

The decks are actually out. Juniors winner was Terrakion Mewtwo. Seniors winner was Zekeels/mewtwo. Masters was Darkrai mewtwo w/ terrakion. The 4th random deck a CMT deck that i assume was in seniors top 4 cuz all of the masters top 4 was darkrai mewtwo.

Pics:

Here's Terrakion Mewtwo
2012-11-03_02_50_02.jpg

2012-11-03_02_54_31.jpg

ZekEel Mewtwo
2012-11-03_02_50_15.jpg

2012-11-03_02_54_04.jpg

Darkrai Mewtwo w/ Terrakion
2012-11-03_02_50_33.jpg

2012-11-03_02_53_31.jpg

Honorable Mention
2012-11-03_02_49_46.jpg

2012-11-03_02_55_06.jpg

The Pin that comes with each WC2012 deck:
2012-11-03_02_55_36.jpg

CrystalEyeMonster said:
Uhh, what? No love for Harrison?
I am not liking this move TPCi.

Why would they print 2 of the same type of deck? If I were a new player or collector I wouldn't want two very similar decks. I'd want a variety.

Mudkip711 said:
CrystalEyeMonster said:
Uhh, what? No love for Harrison?
I am not liking this move TPCi.

Why would they print 2 of the same type of deck? If I were a new player or collector I wouldn't want two very similar decks. I'd want a variety.

It just shows that TPCi doesn't want Masters to be shown more. I would love to see the superior build, because a collector collects, no matter what it is correct? I know Harrison had the superior build, but misplayed the last game, and needed the shaymin to win the game.

god so mad wanted a darkrai/mewtwo deck w/ potion to be printed...oh well :(
also cmt w/ only 3 catcher? RU KIDDING ME?

Pesadelo Prism? Does anyone know the meaning of that name? I'm curious.

CrystalEyeMonster said:
Mudkip711 said:

It just shows that TPCi doesn't want Masters to be shown more. I would love to see the superior build, because a collector collects, no matter what it is correct? I know Harrison had the superior build, but misplayed the last game, and needed the shaymin to win the game.

I think you're missing the point.
Generally, yes, what TPCi tends to do is they print the winning decks for Juniors and Seniors, plus the top 2 for Masters - and generally, all 4 decks tend to be different. However, in the case of Masters, it was all Darkrai/Mewtwo variants, which doesn't make for a very interesting selection. If you just followed the usual scheme, you'd get 2 very similar decks with only minor differences in between. Thus, going with the usual formula this year would not be a very smart move.

With this choice available now, you have 4 things:

~A Darkrai/Mewtwo (Igor's version)
~A Mewtwo/Terrakion
~A Mewtwo/Eels
~A CMT

Okay, so yeah, they all have Mewtwo, but what are you going to do? The whole format was basically Mewtwo Wars. Mewtwo was the splashable tech of sorts; it was the other cards that set it apart. I've seen all 4 of those deck archetypes (not the specific WC builds), and they each play quite differently than the others. (Darkrai/Mewtwo/Terrakion actually plays similarly to Darkrai/Mewtwo than it does Mewtwo/Terrakion.)

I am not questioning that Harrison had a good build and that he misplayed in the match, as I saw the stream myself (though whether or not it's better could be questioned), nor am I questioning that TPCi is unfairly directing their attention away from Masters. However, if you want to make that argument, the choices for the WC2012 decks is not the place to do it, because it simply doesn't hold water here. They did not leave Harrison's deck out because they don't like Masters; they left it out because it's not that much different from Igor's deck and the key point of the WC decks is to have different playstyles represented.

It doesn't matter what the list was. TPCi wanted variety, and frankly, I can't blame them. Darkrai plagued the Top Cut, and CMT making Top 4 in anything was unique and definitally a huge surprise.

DNA said:
Pesadelo Prism? Does anyone know the meaning of that name? I'm curious.

Pesadelo is "nightmare" in Portuguese (looked it up).

Unique and really captures the style of his country as well as pretty much his whole deck of Darkrai and the offbeat Prism Energy. Two thumbs up for me.

dmaster out.

I knew there was an awesome meaning behind the name of the deck; I just wanted to find out what it was. It seems extremely fitting! Definitely the coolest name of the lot here. (Then again, with names like EelTwo and Terraki-Mewtwo, it's not that hard to be cooler than them.)

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
god so mad wanted a darkrai/mewtwo deck w/ potion to be printed...oh well :(
also cmt w/ only 3 catcher? RU KIDDING ME?

3 Catcher was standard because of Junk Arm.

Back