(2) Special Code Cards in B/W Boosters, BW Promos [4/24]

How many more times are they going to extend the maintenance period for the TCG online? Now it's...

Scheduled Maintenance

4/26 @ 8AM-8PM PDT

UPDATE (push it back, push it back, waaaaay back!...better than being super buggy I suppose):

Scheduled Maintenance

4/26 @ 8AM-Midnight PDT

So here is the low down on the beta codes. Each code you recive from a booster will open up an online booster in the closed beta, the only way into the colsed beta is to obtain one of said cards. The cards come in booster boxes that are clearly marked that each booster contains one card, if the box does not say this it does NOT contain any codes. Distrubution has been done very poorly and looks to be centralized in the U.S. major retailers will not have these code only local hobbie and game shops. You will not find codes in blisterbacks tins theme decks or any theme boxes of cards ie. victini box, ONLY BOOSTER BOXES!! If you are lucky to find a shop that sells them individualy on the back of the FOIL package above the bar code it will clearly state a code card is inside, when buying the booster box if it is marked all boosters in the box will contain a code. 36 boosters = 36 codes Happy hunting!!!!

Wait so is there one code per pack or do I need to buy the whole booster box? So I could just go to Amazon.com and buy some packs or a box? Thanks!

xeno2 said:
Wait so is there one code per pack or do I need to buy the whole booster box? So I could just go to Amazon.com and buy some packs or a box? Thanks!

IF the pack/box specifies that codes are inside, then each pack will have a code. Check my box break video on my youtube channel (menoknow3 and link in sig) and you can see what I mean. I think at the start of part 1 of the box break I show what to look for if you want to make sure you are getting beta codes :)

daaang.. so, with buying a booster box reducing the price of packs to about $2 a pack.. and the codes going for $2 a piece on ebay.. free booster boxes??? I'm game. ;)

Sorry Pokebeach but you are wrong on the special code cards. They DO NOT allow access to the full game. they unlock the THEME decks.

pkmmaster said:
So here is the low down on the beta codes. Each code you recive from a booster will open up an online booster in the closed beta, the only way into the colsed beta is to obtain one of said cards. The cards come in booster boxes that are clearly marked that each booster contains one card, if the box does not say this it does NOT contain any codes. Distrubution has been done very poorly and looks to be centralized in the U.S. major retailers will not have these code only local hobbie and game shops. You will not find codes in blisterbacks tins theme decks or any theme boxes of cards ie. victini box, ONLY BOOSTER BOXES!! If you are lucky to find a shop that sells them individualy on the back of the FOIL package above the bar code it will clearly state a code card is inside, when buying the booster box if it is marked all boosters in the box will contain a code. 36 boosters = 36 codes Happy hunting!!!!

The Code cards are found in the THEME decks ONLY and they only unlock the THEME deck you have in the online game. I found this out the hard way.

egulley said:
Sorry Pokebeach but you are wrong on the special code cards. They DO NOT allow access to the full game. they unlock the THEME decks.

pkmmaster said:

The Code cards are found in the THEME decks ONLY and they only unlock the THEME deck you have in the online game. I found this out the hard way.

And specially marked booster packs/boxes have beta codes in them. Those codes unlock the closed beta. The theme deck codes do not.

I point out the logo/marking on the box at the very start of the video linked just below...(the same logo is on the back of the individual packs with codes just above the UPC)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcafBZ6q7I

Back