(2) Pokemon Smash Movie News Next Week, Seven New BW8 Cards [12/8]

Thoughts:
Weavile is amazing, and Weavile/Flareon will definitely see play.
Muk is nice with PHB, but Mewtwo will ruin it's day
Cryogonal is... interesting. It might see play in Blastoise, who knows. No t1 Landorus or Lugia for us anymore.
Absol is meh, but could be interesting in darkrai
Raticate will definitely see at least some play. It's an extreme team plasma sableye.
Steelix is awful.

Puff-Sun said:
Thoughts:
Weavile is amazing, and Weavile/Flareon will definitely see play.
Muk is nice with PHB, but Mewtwo will ruin it's day
Cryogonal is... interesting. It might see play in Blastoise, who knows. No t1 Landorus or Lugia for us anymore.
Absol is meh, but could be interesting in darkrai
Raticate will definitely see at least some play. It's an extreme team plasma sableye.
Steelix is awful.

Weavile will never be a competitive deck. You need tons of pokés in your deck, and Darkrai OHKOS it. Of course it would be a fun deck (Weavile/Flareon) to play at league.

Raticate looks interesting. Basically a Sableye for Team Plasma. The diference is that it's a Stage 1. Otherwise it would be stupid broken.

Anything that can do this much damage for a DCE is something to reckon with. You just run standard Eeveebox with Weavile over Deoxys.

these new cards are looking pretty good. I do think that NXD/DRX- on or Plasma Storm-On (if it ever happens) will be cool.

I look at the card pictures. OMG ABSOL!
Then I read the card scan.
:angry

I like Weavile and Cryogonal... Will probably make a Gabite/Weavile deck for fun, lol. Cryogonal is basically Mantine HGSS with a better second attack, so I'm all for it. Lacks a Fighting resistance, though it at least has a slightly better weakness. If Muk had more HP, it would be cool. (Something like 130 would have been nice.) Absol could be interesting, certainly one of the best non-EX, non-Sableye Dark basics anyway. The others don't interest me.

RiverShock said:
I like Weavile and Cryogonal... Will probably make a Gabite/Weavile deck for fun, lol.

Haha yeah. That would be fun :)

Raticate seems useful...

FINALLY! I have a good Dark Basic for my Vileplume deck!!!

I'm liking Cryogonal, he might be decent to stall or help set up in Blastoise.

Puff-Sun said:
Anything that can do this much damage for a DCE is something to reckon with. You just run standard Eeveebox with Weavile over Deoxys.

Weavile's attack costs {D}{C}... *Puff stops telling everyone that he broke the format.

Flareon/Sneasel's main issue is Landorus donking. otherwise it'd be pretty fun.

The only way for Steelix to be at least meh is with Klinklang.
Weavile/Flareon can be a good deck. Just add Glaceon for free retreat and Umbreon for extra HP. The rest of the Eeveelutions are unneeded imo.
Muk can make a fun deck with Virbank and Plasma Hypnotic Beam.
Cryogonal is an OK starter for water decks. Emolga might still be better though Cryogonal helps getting Empoleon faster.
Absol has a decent first attack. 80 for {D}{C} is good though you miss the magic 90.

^ I meant the other Klinklang while using the first attack with Giant Cape and Potion. It would make a good tank.

am i the only one who cares about the movie?

and also we NEED to see some more EXs come on jirachi, and heatmor, latias and latios

Machamp the Champion said:
FINALLY! I have a good Dark Basic for my Vileplume deck!!

Puff-Sun said:

Weavile's attack costs {D}{C}... *Puff stops telling everyone that he broke the format.
Um, read Flareon.

Puff-Sun said:
Machamp the Champion said:
FINALLY! I have a good Dark Basic for my Vileplume deck!!

Um, read Flareon.

Oh, sorry :p . The discussion was on the new cards, so that's why I thought you were talking about Weavile.

weavile is nice...seriously you can drop ho ohs and set up flareon. Eveelution box could work now cuz multiple types and ho oh weavile synergy.

So, will anyone be using that Raticate? It's like Castaway for the discard. I doubt it, though.

Giga Impact's Japanese name is Heavy Impact? I honestly did not know that. ...I'd go check myself, but I lol at this library computer I'm on right now.

Back