(2) PB Tourney, Gold and Silver Remake Quiz [4/8]

RE: (2) PokeBeach Tourney, Gold and Silver Remake Quiz [4/8]

Hm, I must have used the wrong search then for Pikachu. As for the game names, they were in a Japanese trademark database some time ago. I can't cite anything because my laptop has died numerous times taking my saved posts with them, so yeah...

I remember there being a whole list of new Japanese trademarks coming out a bit ago. Searching back for it, I found the source of the info:
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/01/22/nintendo-trademarks-plenty-of-pokemon-terms/

From there, I got led to the actual source, which was this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14363761&postcount=69

Then, I noticed that that is a whole thread of Japanese trademarks:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338915

Looking through the thread, there's no mention of DuskGold and DawnSilver, and if there were, those guys should have been all over it. So, it's just looking doubtful to me that those trademarks, whether American or Japanese, were real.

Edit: Neogaf's site is is having a bit of trouble for me, so here's a screenshot of the post in question and one of the start of the thread, posted in October of last year:

Yeah, I voted for the DuskGold and DawnSilver option. It's not really evidence, unless Nintendo has trademarked it, but that's just IMO. I guessed again in this poll, we'll see if it's right. :F

Also, the more people in the Tournement, the merrier. There might be drop outs too...

dmaster out.

Another thing worth noting is the way they took Jasmine and randomly put her out in Sunyshore city. Of all the gym leaders, they chose Jasmine.

Lance and Salamence said:
Another thing worth noting is the way they took Jasmine and randomly put her out in Sunyshore city. Of all the gym leaders, they chose Jasmine.

Jasmine was actually quite predictable. Sunyshore has a lighthouse, and so did Jasmine, IIRC.

dmaster out.

Naxte, you continue to be awesome. I love how you research thoroughly and explain things well.

WPM, while I appreciate that you put all the options in the news post this time, I still wish you would link the actual poll like you used to.

ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Flarerose0o0 said:
I realize that but legendary trios would typically be the birds, Beasts, Regis, Pixies, Weathers, and Dia/Pal/Gir (whatever you want to call the 4th gen one). Therefore obviously the Beasts and Weathers cannot be directly caught in 4th gen games. However, the fact that the Beast trio cannot be caught together in any handheld games in 3rd or 4th generation (considering that you may only encounter one in FR/LG) does set them apart. This does'nt eliminate the absence of the Beasts in D/P/Pt as a possible hint at G/S/C remakes, I was just pointing out that I don't agree with the wording "the only legendary trio" as stated by WPM and the Bulbapedia entry (where I assume he got some of the answers, although many are commonly known to most fans).

I don't read Bulbapedia when I come up with these quizzes. The stuff in some of these quizzes are what hard-core fans have known over the past couple of years. I frequent a lot of forums, so over time I collect the info in my head.

And the legendary trios have always referred to Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Entei/Suicuine/Raikou, Regirock/Regice/Registeel, and Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. I've never heard of anyone calling Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza a legendary trio like the aforementioned ones, though I can see how many would label them as such. I'll try to be clearer next time.

I aggree with WPM, but once they make a random dragony legend in the remake of the region the main pokemon and is accosiated with the first two, anyone could think of Ky,Grou,Ray or Pal,Dia, and Gir as a trio. Of course, A trio that was made as trio is more like a trio.
(Now "trio" sounds weird...)

Raquazza appeared in all three Hoenn games, not just Emerald. Same with Girantia in Sinnoh. I do not simply believe them to be a trio because they are the boxart of the games, they were clearly made as a set. Honestly, look at Ky/Grou/Ray, they all have the same markings and were set together in early Rub/Saph by having weather changing abilities. Same with the 4th gen and distortions of time and space (although no markings).

d master342 said:

Jasmine was actually quite predictable. Sunyshore has a lighthouse, and so did Jasmine, IIRC.

dmaster out.

They could have put Lt. Surge there for all I care. Similar cities have appeared throughout all the Pokemon games.

d master342 said:

dmaster out.

They could have put Lt. Surge there for all I care. Similar cities have appeared throughout all the Pokemon games.

Lt. Surge could've been an option, but Vermillion didn't have a lighthouse, so that's out.

dmaster out.

I think with the DSi only supporting the one style of cartridge, there is a good chance to see all the old games remade.

Entei, Suicune, and Raikou being the only legendary trio not capturable in D/P/Pt. Perhaps because they are reserved for the remakes?

Actually, this is not quite true. They may not be catchable directly through D/P/Pt but you can obtain all three. How? In Fr/Lg Suicune, Entei, or Raikou would appear randomly in the wild depending on what starter you chose, and wander around like Mesprit/Cresselia. So all you would need to do is play through the game once w/ each starter in Fr/Lg, catch the appropriate "dog" and migrate them to D/P/Pt. Is Pal Park in Pt? I haven't gotten it yet, so I wouldn't know...

The Pal Park is in Platinum. What WPM meant was that you can't find Entei/Raikou/Suicune in the Wild of D/P/Pt. The only way to get them is to import them. The birds, rocks, and beings can all be captured. It is high evidence of a remake.

dmaster out.

For me, the selling point on the idea is that Celebi is probably the hardest pokemon in all the games to get (other than ones you shouldn't be able to get, like Arceus). I think it had one event where you could catch it in a country outside Japan, but that was it.

I also noticed something possibly leading to a Gold and Silver remake. This occurs in the anime--most main characters either have a pokemon from the Jhoto region, or an evolved form of it. For example, Paul has many Pokemon that evolve from Jhoto Pokemon. He has Honchcrow (an evolution of Murkrow), an Electabuzz (an evolution of Elekid), an Ursaring, a Magmar (the evolution of Magby), a Gliscor (an evolution of Gligar), and a Weavile (an evolution of Sneasal). Also, he has released two Jhoto Pokemon, a Stantler and Azumarill. Ash also owns a Gliscor. Dawn owns an Ambipom (the evolution of Aipom), and a Mamoswine (the evolution of Piloswine). Jessie owns a Yanmega (the evolution of Yanma). Barry owns a Heracross. Zoey owns a Misdreavus. Harley owns an Ariados and Octillery. That pretty much sumsit up, i guess.

I thought of something else too. Didn't the 3 birds being wild in sinnoh in platinum seem a little...random? well not anymore! What if in the silver remake you need all 3 legendary dogs on your team to get Ho-oh, and in the gold remake you need all 3 birds on your team to get Lugia?(in addition to the wings you get in the same manner as in the originals, perhaps) Each game's main pokemon sort of "leads" a trio, and both the trios are running wild in the game(s). It'd mean you'd have to catch a certain trio to get the opposing game's main pokemon, however the gold remake would need to trade from platinum, or migrate from FR/LG. It has happened before, afterall. I am of course reffering to the way you get Regigigas in DP.

Flarerose0o0 said:
ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Flarerose0o0 said:
I realize that but legendary trios would typically be the birds, Beasts, Regis, Pixies, Weathers, and Dia/Pal/Gir (whatever you want to call the 4th gen one). Therefore obviously the Beasts and Weathers cannot be directly caught in 4th gen games. However, the fact that the Beast trio cannot be caught together in any handheld games in 3rd or 4th generation (considering that you may only encounter one in FR/LG) does set them apart. This does'nt eliminate the absence of the Beasts in D/P/Pt as a possible hint at G/S/C remakes, I was just pointing out that I don't agree with the wording "the only legendary trio" as stated by WPM and the Bulbapedia entry (where I assume he got some of the answers, although many are commonly known to most fans).

I don't read Bulbapedia when I come up with these quizzes. The stuff in some of these quizzes are what hard-core fans have known over the past couple of years. I frequent a lot of forums, so over time I collect the info in my head.

And the legendary trios have always referred to Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Entei/Suicuine/Raikou, Regirock/Regice/Registeel, and Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. I've never heard of anyone calling Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza a legendary trio like the aforementioned ones, though I can see how many would label them as such. I'll try to be clearer next time.

I aggree with WPM, but once they make a random dragony legend in the remake of the region the main pokemon and is accosiated with the first two, anyone could think of Ky,Grou,Ray or Pal,Dia, and Gir as a trio. Of course, A trio that was made as trio is more like a trio.
(Now "trio" sounds weird...)

Raquazza appeared in all three Hoenn games, not just Emerald. Same with Girantia in Sinnoh. I do not simply believe them to be a trio because they are the boxart of the games, they were clearly made as a set. Honestly, look at Ky/Grou/Ray, they all have the same markings and were set together in early Rub/Saph by having weather changing abilities. Same with the 4th gen and distortions of time and space (although no markings).

Kyogre , Groudon & kyogre aren't really about weather, but basically Earth, by representing Land, Water abnd Sky. Then the DPPt trio represent time-space.

Back