(2) PB Tourney, Gold and Silver Remake Quiz [4/8]

RE: (2) PokeBeach Tourney, Gold and Silver Remake Quiz [4/8]

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GSDS#Trademark_controversy

DuskGold and DawnSilver aren't trademarked by Nintendo.

@ Quiz

First, nice idea for a quiz. I agree on your points that there will be a G/S remake, however, the last point isn't competely correct.

The past few TCG sets have barely had any Gold and Silver Pokemon... if they have, they are usually related to 4th generation ones (like Elekid for Electivire) or G/S Pokemon that characters in the game explicitly own (like Steelix for Byron). Where did the rest of the Generation II go all of a sudden?
Tyranitar SF
Steelix SF
Scizor SF
Ampharos PL
Dunsparce PL
Octillery PL

There are very few Non-SP Pokémon in BET and PotF, but I don't know if the owners have all those SP Johto Pokémon like Houndoom, Espeon, Scizor etc. in the games.

@ Tournament

Isn't it a little bit contraproductive for the Spirit of the Game when hacks are allowed in a tournament so short before the official Championships (where cheating of course will be banned like in the TCG)?

^But still, there has been a noticeable decrease in number of Generation II cards in the TCG.

The next quiz is pretty good, although I'm not answering until I'm completely sure!

*Quilava 11 goes to Bulbapedia for some research*

Yaaaaay! I got the poll right for my first time! >.<

Now lets just hope they do remake the games, otherwise..... Okay what am I to do? xD

ShadowGuard said:
@ Tournament

Isn't it a little bit contraproductive for the Spirit of the Game when hacks are allowed in a tournament so short before the official Championships (where cheating of course will be banned like in the TCG)?
It's 6-on-6 Singles. Hacks are impossible to control online as we have no equipment to stop this. If something is unreasonable, a player can contact me to work out the situation.

Entei, Suicune, and Raikou being the only legendary trio not capturable in D/P/Pt. Perhaps because they are reserved for the remakes?

Um... What about Kygore, Groudon, and Rayquazza?

Flarerose0o0 said:
Entei, Suicune, and Raikou being the only legendary trio not capturable in D/P/Pt. Perhaps because they are reserved for the remakes?

Main trios, the Regis cover Generation III and are obtainable in Platinum.

Flarerose0o0 said:

He meant trio as in Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Entei/Suicune/Raikou, Regirock/Regice/Registeel, and Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf.

Shiny Noctowl said:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GSDS#Trademark_controversy

DuskGold and DawnSilver aren't trademarked by Nintendo.
Indeed; Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver were simply fan names coined for the theoretical remakes. To the best of my knowledge, Nintendo does not have those names trademarked.

I realize that but legendary trios would typically be the birds, Beasts, Regis, Pixies, Weathers, and Dia/Pal/Gir (whatever you want to call the 4th gen one). Therefore obviously the Beasts and Weathers cannot be directly caught in 4th gen games. However, the fact that the Beast trio cannot be caught together in any handheld games in 3rd or 4th generation (considering that you may only encounter one in FR/LG) does set them apart. This does'nt eliminate the absence of the Beasts in D/P/Pt as a possible hint at G/S/C remakes, I was just pointing out that I don't agree with the wording "the only legendary trio" as stated by WPM and the Bulbapedia entry (where I assume he got some of the answers, although many are commonly known to most fans).

DuskGold and DawnSilver HAVE been trademarked. We just don't know if it's by Nintendo / Gamefreak. Whoever trademarked them also trademarked a few other names that could be future Pokemon games.

Flarerose0o0 said:
I realize that but legendary trios would typically be the birds, Beasts, Regis, Pixies, Weathers, and Dia/Pal/Gir (whatever you want to call the 4th gen one). Therefore obviously the Beasts and Weathers cannot be directly caught in 4th gen games. However, the fact that the Beast trio cannot be caught together in any handheld games in 3rd or 4th generation (considering that you may only encounter one in FR/LG) does set them apart. This does'nt eliminate the absence of the Beasts in D/P/Pt as a possible hint at G/S/C remakes, I was just pointing out that I don't agree with the wording "the only legendary trio" as stated by WPM and the Bulbapedia entry (where I assume he got some of the answers, although many are commonly known to most fans).

I don't read Bulbapedia when I come up with these quizzes. The stuff in some of these quizzes are what hard-core fans have known over the past couple of years. I frequent a lot of forums, so over time I collect the info in my head.

And the legendary trios have always referred to Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Entei/Suicuine/Raikou, Regirock/Regice/Registeel, and Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. I've never heard of anyone calling Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza a legendary trio like the aforementioned ones, though I can see how many would label them as such. I'll try to be clearer next time.

Water Pokémon Master said:
DuskGold and DawnSilver HAVE been trademarked. We just don't know if it's by Nintendo / Gamefreak. Whoever trademarked them also trademarked a few other names that could be future Pokemon games.

So for all we know, either Gamefreak/Nintendo are keeping it secret, somebody is pulling a prank, or somebody realy did'nt want to be wrong in their speculation. lol. And no, I am not trying to imply that somebody on this site is trying to pull something.

It would be interesting to see G/S remakes though. I would be interested if there was only one Johto remake rather than two (assuming that it would be just an enhanced remake rather than just doing something random with Jhoto) but considering Pokemon's long running two-versions-then-an-adapted-third formula and the fact that they made two Kanto remakes, I doubt that would happen.

ShadowGuard said:
@ Quiz

First, nice idea for a quiz. I agree on your points that there will be a G/S remake, however, the last point isn't competely correct.

The past few TCG sets have barely had any Gold and Silver Pokemon... if they have, they are usually related to 4th generation ones (like Elekid for Electivire) or G/S Pokemon that characters in the game explicitly own (like Steelix for Byron). Where did the rest of the Generation II go all of a sudden?
Tyranitar SF
Steelix SF
Scizor SF
Ampharos PL
Dunsparce PL
Octillery PL

There are very few Non-SP Pokémon in BET and PotF, but I don't know if the owners have all those SP Johto Pokémon like Houndoom, Espeon, Scizor etc. in the games.
We're talking about less than 10 G/S Pokemon over the course of several sets... hundreds of cards. There is obviously a noticeable lack of them. They can't get rid of them all together or it would be blatantly obvious to fans that a generation is missing.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4010%3Ah9vocn.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=DuskGold&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA2%24ALL&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4010%3Ah9vocn.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=DawnSilver&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA2%24ALL&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

A search on the United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Electronic Search System returns no results for either "DuskGold" or "DawnSilver".

No results for Pikachu either. It's the U.S., not Japan.

Flarerose0o0 said:

I don't read Bulbapedia when I come up with these quizzes. The stuff in some of these quizzes are what hard-core fans have known over the past couple of years. I frequent a lot of forums, so over time I collect the info in my head.

And the legendary trios have always referred to Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Entei/Suicuine/Raikou, Regirock/Regice/Registeel, and Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf. I've never heard of anyone calling Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza a legendary trio like the aforementioned ones, though I can see how many would label them as such. I'll try to be clearer next time.

I aggree with WPM, but once they make a random dragony legend in the remake of the region the main pokemon and is accosiated with the first two, anyone could think of Ky,Grou,Ray or Pal,Dia, and Gir as a trio. Of course, A trio that was made as trio is more like a trio.
(Now "trio" sounds weird...)

What WPM? That's a link to the US Patent Trade Office that Shiny Noctowl provided (unless I'm misunderstanding you). And doing a search myself, I got numerous hits for Pikachu. Are you sure you're searching in the right part of the site?
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4001:cojch9.1.1

Edit: On the Expired Search page that comes up, click on Trademark on the top. Then, on the right side of the page, under the eBusiness header (not on the link on the top navigation bar on the site), click Search and enter it in.

There's simply no evidence to my knowledge of DawnGold and DuskSilver (or vice versa).

I could be wrong on this. However, I'd like to at least see an actual source on this information of the names being trademarked, and not just fan speculation and talk of it being thrown around that they are. I know that there are numerous things Nintendo has trademarked to simply prevent people from creating pages on fake Pokemon games, using the names of possible future games in the URL, but to the best of my knowledge, DawnGold and DuskSilver are not among them.

Back