(2) New Pokemon Next Month, Clearer Game Screenshots and Artwork of 'Black' and 'White' [5/14]

Pokemonvacation said:
several people, including myself, were debating whether or not it would be in USA or Japan. well im looking at a map of the actual,real-life regions of japan and the spot we call Kanto in Pokémon is actually called the Kanto(w/ line over the o) region. why i say this, you ask? it turns out the Pokémon co. has closley kept with the actual regions of Japan when doing the Pokémon regions. With that huge bridge in Huin City i would have to guess that the game's region consists of TWO japanese regions: Chugoku and shikoku. if im correct, this meaans that not only is the region still in japan but that it probably will be the biggest region of all. furthermore, if it is the biggest, that could explain why the characters are older....

This is all speculation of course, but i think they will reveal some kind of hint in the next corocoro magazine along w/ the new pokemon.
What do you think?

That's what some folks are saying, others say it may be based on New York. I really don't want to think at this current moment. Now, I believe the Pokemon reveal about be a new form/evolution of an existing Pokemon.

Mikey said:
Since they are revealing a new Pokemon, here are the ones I'm hoping for.

Absol Evo/Prevo
Mr. Mime Evolution
Jynx Evolution
Torkoal Evo/Prevo
Keckleon Evo/Prevo

I am against putting more pre-evolutions in Pokemon. You want your Pokemon to evolve and grow stronger. Pre-evolutions go against this. After all, who goes to the Elite 4 with a Cleffa, Azurill, Bonsly, etc?

I hoping for an evolution of some random kanto pokemon. Like gliscor, only for 5th gen. That'd be cool.

Lizzard said:
I am against putting more pre-evolutions in Pokemon. You want your Pokemon to evolve and grow stronger. Pre-evolutions go against this. After all, who goes to the Elite 4 with a Cleffa, Azurill, Bonsly, etc?

Not me, I just like to complete all the Pokemon evolution lines, for me it's not all about battling, but also to get that pokedex filled with ALL forms.
So when I see Mawimp -> Mawile -> Mawielder for example, I'd be pleased to know that after 5 generations, they completed the Pokemon's evolutionline.

7YearsinTibet said:
Not me, I just like to complete all the Pokemon evolution lines, for me it's not all about battling, but also to get that pokedex filled with ALL forms.
So when I see Mawimp -> Mawile -> Mawielder for example, I'd be pleased to know that after 5 generations, they completed the Pokemon's evolutionline.

So let's make the pokemon evolve twice, and not one time backwards and then forward.
And to your dream come true, they'll have to make an entirely new gen only with Prevos.

Redneck said:
Pokemonvacation, I believe JPN Gallade is right when he's saying it surely looks like Water Pulse and Leaf Storm, but as I believe mentioned a few times before, this is just the beta version of the game in which they have not changed the sprites yet.

Sorry, I felt the need to put my two-cents in. It seems that people tend to ignore a lot of things stated here, unless they're reminded through repetition...

More on topic and less (unintentionally) hostile sounding, I'm stoked for next month's CoroCoro. I can't wait to see what it is! Starter evolutions will help me make up my mind, and if it ends up being mascot legendaries, then I can make my choice on whether I want to buy Black or White. :)

After the videos being released and showing that the starters are level 50, i agree that those are the moves they are using....however the leaf storm's background seems to have a more vivid yellow than in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. but it could have been the videos.... i didnt mean for it to sound like i was saying they were wrong,if it did, i was just saying what i was thinking it was....

Lol, it's quite all right.

Like most things months before release, we can't be sure of anything. It's all just speculation.

Lizzard said:
Very true, but some people love the concept of baby pokemon.

Pokemonvacation said:
several people, including myself, were debating whether or not it would be in USA or Japan. well im looking at a map of the actual,real-life regions of japan and the spot we call Kanto in Pokémon is actually called the Kanto(w/ line over the o) region. why i say this, you ask? it turns out the Pokémon co. has closley kept with the actual regions of Japan when doing the Pokémon regions. With that huge bridge in Huin City i would have to guess that the game's region consists of TWO japanese regions: Chugoku and shikoku. if im correct, this meaans that not only is the region still in japan but that it probably will be the biggest region of all. furthermore, if it is the biggest, that could explain why the characters are older....

This is all speculation of course, but i think they will reveal some kind of hint in the next corocoro magazine along w/ the new pokemon.
What do you think?

I'm still debating whether or not I think Isshu will be located in Japan or the U.S. It's tough to guess, because I can't really imagine the Pokemon Co. basing any region on something that far away from Japan, on the other side of the world, whilst every other nation is right there. Still, they say that Isshu is supposed to be a far-away land, and I can definitely see NYC in Hiun city. That would be mega-awesome, IMO. Sky Arrow Bridge sort of looks like Brooklyn Bridge, as well. Plus all of the food stands and businessmen in the street....I have no idea. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

On a different note: As for Corocoro's revalation of new Pokemon, I'm thinking they are going to be either version mascots or maybe a few pre-evos. The fourth generation leaked a few pre-evos, namely Bonsly and Mime Jr., into the anime before the show, and I think they may continue the trend, although it seems more likely that they would show the version mascots sooner. Who knows, they might even give out the starter evolutions, which I have no objection to! :D

i am really hoping this new pokemon will be a cxompletely new gen V pokemon, with some interesting characteristics like a new attack

Back