(2) New BW English Names, 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date - March 6th! [12/27]

So here is a run down of what all is coming to America in 2011 so far....
Shiny Raikou at Gamestop January 3rd 2011 - January 9th 2011
Shiny Entei at Gamestop January 17th 2011 - January 23rd 2011
Ash's Pikachu at Toys"R"US January 30th 2011 - February 5th 2011
Shiny Suicune at Gamestop January 31st 2011 - February 6th 2011
Pokemon Arceus and the Jewel of Life released on DVD February 1st 2011
Pokemon:Zoroark Master of Illusions Debuts on February 5th 2011
Call of Legends set released on February 9th 2011
Celebi at Gamestop or Toys"R"US ????2011
Best Wishes to possibly Debut on March 4th 2011??
Pokemon Black and White released in North America on March 6th 2011

We got lots of stuff planned for 2011 already! Beginning of the Year is looking great for us Pokemon Fans!

No, This! is the Real Deal.. (But it's just a guess)

Janurary 3rd-9th: Raikou (Shiny) @ Gamestop
Janurary 17th-23rd: Entei (Shiny) @ Gamestop
Janurary 30th-Feburary 5th: Ash's Pikachu @ Toy's R Us!
Janurary 31st-Feburary 6th: Suicune (Shiny) @ Gamestop
Feburary 1st: Pokemon: Arceus: Jewel of Life DVD!
Feburary 5th: Pokemon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions! on CN!
Feburary 9th: Call of Legends: Training Card Game (Pokemon HG/SS)
March 4th: Celebii Download @ Gamestop
March 5th: Pokemon Black and White: Best Wishes in the U.S.
March 6th: Pokemon Black and White (the Game) Relased in the U.S.

What's the pun? I don't get it....

it sounds kinda nasty if you think about it....

BTW, i know my sig is wrong ill fix it later.

Quote:
.Juniper is a type of plant. Still, it's a weird word
.It's castle, Unova has a medieval theme. I was writing fast, I wasn't paying atention if I was writing everything correctly. And, Unova may have a medieval theme but Hiun City doesn't. But I get it.
.Chillarmy is a horrible name, and I expect Minccino's evolution to be Chillaccino anyway. It matches. That's an opinion
.There are many words that sound like cuss words in other languages. Well, the thing is since it reminds me of that cuss word, its name sounds stupid to me. For example, Murkrow sounds a bit like "murcão", a portuguese word which can be translated as "a--hole" or "person". Another one is Zekrom. Sounds like "Zé Cromo". "Zé" is short for José and its equivalent english name, if I'm not wrong, is Jack. So, translated it would be something like "Geek Jack". When you say these pokémon names to someone who's not into it, it sounds really person.
.Do you even get the pun behing Big Pecks? Made me lol. No, I don't. I'm not american, I'm not obligated to know all the expressions you use

Metalizard said:
Do you even get the pun behing Big Pecks? Made me lol. No, I don't. I'm not american, I'm not obligated to know all the expressions you use

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_le5pyjIcqu1qecay6o1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1293690229&Signature=W0HJ7i1%2FA6Dnb%2BBdnELyCeMP0ro%3D

...and I'm pretty sure it's not american lingo.

"March 5th: Pokemon Black and White: Best Wishes in the U.S."

From previous experience's it should be on march 4th maybe, so it isn't going to clash with Black and white sales, but it's still close to advertise the games.

$34.99 each?
I bought the japanese white version in 3,875 yen in japan, on the date on sale.
It means about $47.22. I envy you guys :(

@XieRH:
We don't know how it's pronounced yet. Sure, if the anime had Ash pronouncing it "pee" rather than "pie", the joke isn't relevant but we don't know at this stage. It could be either so please don't be so brash with what you THINK is the case about a genuinely clever joke.

Also,
"pecs
noun plural (American)-
the pectoral muscles."

Onto how I feel about this, I'm totally fine with nearly all the names oddly enough, it's an improvement on the starters.
Munna- I can't have anything against it as I'm used to it.
Pidove- I like it, its ability is one of those fantastically awful puns XD
Blitzle- I tend to think of more of a reindeer than a zebra for this one, but it's nice.
Gigalith- Looks nice, sounds awkward. It's fine as long as no-one says it.
Sandile- Fits well and sounds good. I approve.
Darmanitan- I get a bit tongue-tied trying to say it with all the syllables. Still good.
Klink- Fitting name. I wonder if its entire life will be onomatopoeic?
Castelia City- "Cas" reminds me of Cascade (badge) which makes me think of the Harbour, nice.
Professor Juniper- Brothers Grimm <33 This fits really well, it's my top pick out of all the translations.
Minccino- This is what I wrote on another forum:
"It [Minccino] sounds like something you would get at Starbucks."
I've noticed other people get the same thoughts from it, I wonder if it was intentional or not?

Onto the release date, I'm quite pleased with this. I was expecting far worse to be honest.

Munna- I think that it suits it perfectly, plus I like that name.
Minncino- Even though I can't say I don't like it, Chillarmy was fine. Hopefully Chillachino will remain that name.
Gigalith- Perfect, sounds strong, suits it greatly.
Pidove- What? Horrible. It will always be Mamepato to me.
Sandile- Crocodune is better, no argument. Though I am warming up to that name.
Klink- At least it's more creative than Gear. Imagine what we could have had.
Darmanitan- Ok, like Sandile I am good with it.
Blitzle- I actually do like this, though some zebra reference would have been nice.
Prof. Juniper- Very feminine, and suits her.
Castelia City- I like this name, suits it well.

EDIT: Attack+Ability overview as well.

Sheer Force- Better than Encourage. I love it.
Moxie- I wantz drink! Give me dat moxie now!
Big Pecks- Not a great name, but I do like it a bit.
Wild Charge- I like it.
Telekinesis- No! Give me the epicly epic Telekinesis from Japanese back!
Tail Slap- I preferred Sweep Slap. Tail Slap is like, Tail Whip but slapping instead of whipping instead.

Did anyone stop to think that just maybe Crocodune could be the name for Sandile's evolution? It's was like the whole Drifloon situation back in DP. People were upset that it wasn't called Drifblim but we later found out that it's evolution got it.

It's easier to criticise than to look on the bright side. It's practically an instinctive reflex for most of us here.

@ZoroarkDude24
The Celebi event is coming soon, But if it was to happen on March 4th, Would'nt TPCi also have the Dates for the Shiny Beasts highlighted too? I think Celebi will be distributed starting sometime in February. I could be wrong, but It's most likely like 90%. I still think Best Wishes will Premiere on March 4th. However, I think the Celebi event will be still be going on on March 4th, I just don't think it will start on March 4th. Again, I could be wrong, but it's a 90% chance the Celebi event will begin in February and will end before Black and White come out on March 6th, At the latest,the day before Black and White come out which is March 5th 2011. TPCi/Nintendo have never had in-store events on or past the release date of games they unlock data in.

I think the name Castelia is a very nice name for a city and suits the city nicely. The English name of the Pokemon are nice IMO and will probably take time to get used to it since we heard/talked about the Japanese names for a while now.

First Off, CN airs the Animes like Bakugan, Beyblade, and a few Action Shows on Saturdays! Not, on a Fridays!....i listed the Schedule from the Calendar....

Friday is March 4th
Saturday is March 5th
Sunday is March 6th

Why people that the Anime will air on Friday... Besides the Action Shows air on Friday!

I really hope we get more new names faster and more in the very near future. I would love a huge leak at the end of January 2011 that would reveal all the other names.

i would think gear of all names would stay for the american release. so weird that they changed it.

catutie said:
i would think gear of all names would stay for the american release. so weird that they changed it.

...what? I mean, Gear's fine as a Japanese name, because well, it's not a Japanese word. However, making the American name simply "Gear" would be a ridiculous thing on their part. It's so dull, boring, uncreative, etc. However, using the onomatopoeia "Klink", which is the noise you may hear when knocking two gears together, has much more of a ring to it. I thought it was a brilliant name on Nintendo's part. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing Nintendo's use of English names for certain Pokemon (hi, Golem), I'm just saying that in this case, at least imho, it wouldn't work so well.

Just because a japanese name sounds "english" doesn't mean it will stick in the US version. In fact we should count ourselves fortunate because if such a system did apply, we'd get US names in Gen I like Freezer, Coil, Booster, Ghost, etc.

@XieRH: you know what, good for you if you get it. All I found was that Big Pecs are the pectoral muscles and they corrupted the word and spelled it Pecks since its a bird's ability. What's so funny about that?

@ZoroarkDude24
Because the anime has premiered on Fridays before. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl debuted on Friday April 20, 2007 then the Games were released the following Sunday April 22, 2007. If Best Wishes debuts on March 4th, like Diamond and Pearl, it will probably debut with 2 or more Episodes to make it air kind of like a movie.

Back