(2) More Specifics of Pokemon A and Pokemon B, More Hints of New Pokemon [1/22-1/23]

I wouldnt be surprised if they do something stupid like "no, this ones new, becouse it's deformed! its a pichu with a chunk of its ear taken out! or holding a ukelele! or is 1/16 of an inch taller!"

We're all forgetting two key pokemon from the trailer -- Ho-oh & Lugia. They were the two shown in the first trailer ever for this movie. So why cut them? And aside from the trailer we've heard not a peep about them. I know you're all going "ZOMG 5TH GEN<3 FANGASM!!!!!<3" but hold your Ponytas. I doubt 5th gen will come anytime soon. I mean, the DSiXL hasn't even launched here yet (iirc). And the DS2 is only confirmed to be in the works. Thus, a release date for it probably won't come for a while. And why stab the sales of either system (DSiXL vs. DS2) by releasing them so close together? They'd wind up killing the sales of each other (DSiXL would suffer because no one would want it due to DS2 being released and no one would want DS2 since they just got DSiXL).

So yeah, its not logical for them to hint at 5th gen. yet. This will probably be the largest gen. gap pokemon will ever have and its because the DS family is just going so strong. There's no real need to replace it. Not yet. The sales are still very high so yeah unless 5th gen will be a DS title then no 5th gen. yet. As I'm sure you're aware each new pokemon generation was on a new handheld, so why break the pattern?

I do think the "?" plushes are ho-oh and lugia. Tangrowth ...eh I dunno. I just don't see why it'd be that. I mean...it COULD be but wouldn't Ho-oh fit better since that has more importance to Pokemon as a whole (it being the first legendary Ash ever saw and he's never once come in close contact with it). And we've had plenty of Lugia and Ho-oh merchandise. So they are quite likely. That's my .02 cents on the matter.

Cute_Shaymin said:
We're all forgetting two key pokemon from the trailer -- Ho-oh & Lugia. They were the two shown in the first trailer ever for this movie. So why cut them? And aside from the trailer we've heard not a peep about them. I know you're all going "ZOMG 5TH GEN<3 FANGASM!!!!!<3" but hold your Ponytas. I doubt 5th gen will come anytime soon. I mean, the DSiXL hasn't even launched here yet (iirc). And the DS2 is only confirmed to be in the works. Thus, a release date for it probably won't come for a while. And why stab the sales of either system (DSiXL vs. DS2) by releasing them so close together? They'd wind up killing the sales of each other (DSiXL would suffer because no one would want it due to DS2 being released and no one would want DS2 since they just got DSiXL).

So yeah, its not logical for them to hint at 5th gen. yet. This will probably be the largest gen. gap pokemon will ever have and its because the DS family is just going so strong. There's no real need to replace it. Not yet. The sales are still very high so yeah unless 5th gen will be a DS title then no 5th gen. yet. As I'm sure you're aware each new pokemon generation was on a new handheld, so why break the pattern?

I do think the "?" plushes are ho-oh and lugia. Tangrowth ...eh I dunno. I just don't see why it'd be that. I mean...it COULD be but wouldn't Ho-oh fit better since that has more importance to Pokemon as a whole (it being the first legendary Ash ever saw and he's never once come in close contact with it). And we've had plenty of Lugia and Ho-oh merchandise. So they are quite likely. That's my .02 cents on the matter.
well I don't think it will be lugia or ho-oh because they said diamond and pearl pokemon. do think it's possible that they will have a new cutesy pokemon. chances that it's shiny are low.

lovebunny713 said:
well I don't think it will be lugia or ho-oh because they said diamond and pearl pokemon. do think it's possible that they will have a new cutesy pokemon. chances that it's shiny are low.
I wouldn't hold my breath on a 5th gen. Its a bit too early for that. And what other pokemon besides Ho-oh & Lugia would fit? I'm sure they didn't just put them in the trailer to f with our minds. They have to have some importance to the movie, and you notice how the ? came in a pair for the plushes and the pins or w/e. They make the perfect pair. All they said was its from the DP plush line. That didn't restrict it to JUST Sinnoh Pokemon. I think it means DP series aka anime. I'm no expert on this, but its just how I see it. It could very well be Ho-oh & Lugia.

And, besides, most of Sinnoh's legendaries are done and over with. Only one I see being even a slim chance of being in is Cresselia. And even that's pushing it imo. I'm thinking the bigger chance is for Ho-oh & Lugia.

Well. I don't think its Ho-oh and Lugia. The trailer was released with Ho-oh and Lugia. The chances of the pokemon being Ho-oh and Lugia are very low. If it was Ho-oh and Lugia then the pokemon fans would get really ticked off. Either way it could might not be a form for a sinnoh pokemon because they released the new forms for griatina and shaymin very recently. I wouldn't keep my hopes up for a new pokemon.

Usually the Pokemon in the TEASER (that's important) aren't that important in the movie. That's the whole point of a teaser trailer. To TEASE lol.

dmaster out.

I myself think that the movie will have 5th generation Pokemon, at least like in Destiny Deoxys were Munchlax was the first Pokemon to be released. Cute_Shaymin you could be wrong, I mean Munchlax was officially released in 2004, while Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006. That's a pretty big time difference. Even if its a small 5th Generation Pokemon, and I'm betting on a Tangela pre-evolution, I could be wrong, the 5th Gen game may not come out till late 2011 or early 2012 on the next Nintendo handheld.

Other than a new 5th Generation Pokemon... a "surprising" pokemon that could shock anyone would be, in my opinion, the return of Mewtwo.

Haha that's the exact thing that came to my mind when I first read the news

Back