(2) 29 New 'Black' and 'White Collection' Cards, Nationals 2011 [12/6]

Hmm... A fire energy rain dance that attaches to ANY pokemon? I'm for it.

Why so far are the Enbuoh cards so broken? So many fire pokemon discard energies and this provides an alternative to Typhlosion prime and Heatran Lv X to getting more energies onto them

Enbuoh is just...WOW! Fire 'Rain Dance' will be nice, though combos aren't coming to mind right now. Tsunbear isn't horrible but costs too many energy. Pendra may see some play due to its ridiculous HP, though I'm doubting it.

I'm excited to see what Erufuun, Daikenki, and Gigalith will do.

@Jelze
Yes a lot of Fire types do discard Fire energy, but Enbuoh isn't limited to Fire types, and for Pokemon the discard energy there is stuff like Fisherman to aid in recovery.

Yeah, Rain dance for Fire Pokémon... Enbouh is the best BW card for now... Charizard decks will become more powerful... The rest of the cards are all meh... But most of the artwork is good... I just don't like how they're distributing the HP for stage 1s... I mean, Chaoboo has 100 HP but the elemental monkeys only have 90 and denchura only has 80...

btw, where's Haderia and Erufunn in the poster images?

Also, there must be somethin wrong with the numbers...
Gothim is #26, so Gothimiru is #27 and Gochiruzeru is #28 but WPM listed Dangoro as #28. But since there's an image of Gochiruzeru in the poster, the correct number for Dangoro must be #29. Although if Mogurew is really the #31, then there's no Giagiath in the set...

Enbuoh isn't too good, in my opinion. Sure, you can easily attach energies very fast, but Enbuoh is a Stage 2. With Rare Candy's new ruling, that already makes it hard to play. Even then, the only other way to get it out fast is to use BTS, which will be rotated out shortly after Enbuoh comes into the format. After that, you have to manually evolve ANOTHER Pokémon (which will most likely be another Stage 2). That's extremely slow. It doesn't matter how fast you think your Fire deck is, you simply cannot expect to get out your Charizard/Blaziken/Infernape, Enbuoh, and your 2-3 Ninetales in a matter of a few turns without one of them being Knocked Out.

It's a good card, but it's just not in the right format.

I clicked the Nationals links, but it says that the Nationals information is to be anounced. It says it will be in in Indianapolis, but the date isn't there...

Pok'eMaster said:
I clicked the Nationals links, but it says that the Nationals information is to be anounced. It says it will be in in Indianapolis, but the date isn't there...

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=90137&pid=1764953#pid1764953

You have to scroll down in the link to the Nationals section.

Anyway, the cards aren't too powerful IMO. The Fire Rain Dance looks pretty cool, but other than that, still mostly meh. Reminds me of R/S and D/P. Oh well. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Nationals this year, but it would be really nice to go.

dmaster out.

i'm really loving the artwork on the holo's currently trying to buy some in Japanese anyone know a good site?

O_O Am I really the only one that laughed at the Asian guy's facial expressions the entire commercial? xP
Anyways, the cards look pretty cool. Not bad, not bad. Like dmaster, they're a little reminiscent of R/S and D/P.

The coolest-looking card out of the ones shown there (in my opinion) is that Tsunbear. That's just the perfect pose and expression for it.

I don't like how they're going "3D model in the middle with a whooshy background" for a lot of the final stages / stronger Pokémon, but it's just the first set, so it's to be expected.

"The coolest-looking card out of the ones shown there (in my opinion) is that Tsunbear. That's just the perfect pose and expression for it."
I couldn't agree more, plus the ice shards around add to the epicness. I also like the innocence of Koromori and i like the wargle card, i haven't heard about that Pokemon in so long.

what about zoroark, 1 dark energy search your deck for any card, DCE use a 150 damage attack for 2 energy!!!!

My favorite Pokemon so far from this set is Dentula. Even though it's got terrible HP, you can Expert Belt it, and use Leech Life. I'm going rogue with this guy.

Back