(2) ‘Pokemon Smash’ Announcing a New Game, New Movie 15th Poster: Two Kyurem Formes, Meloetta Reveal

Just because the games aren't for the 3DS doesn't mean the games can't have some sort of function for 3DS players (think dual slot technology for DP).

These games were just announced and already you guys are raging. Why don't you wait until you see some gameplay or screenshots before you start crying?

The thing no one seems to be worried about:

Compatibility. Will these games be able to communicate with Black and White?

And no. This makes me believe these games were just churned out to make money. A SEQUEL? NOT on the next system? THAT makes no sense.

Until more info is released, I may skip these games.

Before anyone jumps in "hurr durr fans would be mad," look at all of the other games that were sequels that came out on new systems. Who complained then? No one.

Wow, the US Pokemon website has all ready revealed the games. Wasn't expecting that....

Wow at Nintendo already announcing the English games...

Best case scenario - English B&W 2 is being developed alongside Japanese B&W 2, we get it at about the same time Japan does.

Worst case - We get it a few months later.

Guys what if we're somehow able to go to hoenn and there won't be any extra RSE remakes ? Just an idea idk.

GreenAiden555 said:
Will these games be able to communicate with Black and White?

There is nothing to suggest they won't be, given that they're for the same system and they're sequels. When have two Pokemon games in the same generation _not_ been able to connect with each other? Heck, the only reason GS and RS weren't compatible is because of hardware limitations, not the will of Game Freak.

Good, if it were on the 3DS, they would lose a lot of people and money. I can neither afford nor want a 3DS. The economy still isn't good enough for people to be financially capeable of going out to buy a 3DS just to get the game.

As far as formes go, I like them. I for one liked the unfinished look of them and it actually seems interesting and different enough to keep me interested.
Also, I like the idea of a sequel.

Junichi Masuda just tweeted, mentioning that both Pokemon Black and White 2 will be coming out on June 2nd, 2012.

Ice Arceus said:
Junichi Masuda just tweeted, mentioning that both Pokemon Black and White 2 will be coming out on June 2nd, 2012.

Wonderful. Apparently Crunchyroll claims that it _is_ a direct sequel, but I don't trust their interpretations.

Wow! Amazing! Zekrom/Kyurem is awesome! My new favorite Pokemon? Possibly!
Can't wait to see them in the movie!
This now makes more sense, as Zekyurem (Zekrom + Kyurem) is in Black 2, and Reshyurem (Reshiram + Kyurem) is in White 2 (I'm gonna refer to the new forms with those names for now). This was likely planned from the start, so that both were featured in Black and White, but the matching colors were in the sequel.
Just like the original Black and White, Pokemon.com has already posted about this.
I wonder how the player will get these forms in-game.
Zekrom and Reshiram were supposed to have an original combined form as well....
The signature moves of the two are obvious at this point. Freeze Shock and Ice Burn (or something like that).
EDIT: Can't wait for the EXs.....
And WPM, in Gen 4, the first mythical Pokemon (Darkrai) was in the first movie of the generation. The first Black and White movies didn't have any mythical Pokemon that were revealed for the movie, so I think that in order to keep in down to 3 movies like in Gen 4, two mythical Pokemon had to be revealed in one movie, and Genesect will come in the last movie, making three movies focused on Unova.
When I say this, I mean without counting the movies that reveal one or two Pokemon from a generation, and are featured in movies prior to their official in-game release (Zoroark: Master Of Illusions, Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew)

Guys. This just came to mind. What if this game wasn't a direct sequel...

But a direct prequel?

puddizzle said:
Guys. This just came to mind. What if this game wasn't a direct sequel...

But a direct prequel?

It would be very, very interesting, but why boast them as sequels?

Is it just me or is this idea completely person and is in no way creative... seriously fusions? Black2 & White2, no originality or creativity....where as Pokemon gone? where is the innovation?

Chariblaze said:
It would be very, very interesting, but why boast them as sequels?

Did Masuda/Pokemon ever explicitly state that they were sequels? To my knowledge, we immediately dubbed them as sequels because that's what first came to mind.

Mmm, but then the "2" comes into question.

They aren't idiots guys, there's a reason he bears such a resemblance to Reshiram and Kyurem. Wait for the story and bet money all will be revealed.

puddizzle said:
Did Masuda/Pokemon ever explicitly state that they were sequels? To my knowledge, we immediately dubbed them as sequels because that's what first came to mind.

Mmm, but then the "2" comes into question.

I guess he hasn't, but the person at the Q&A earlier this week said something like "Where are the sequels to B/W?"

WOW... like... I'm genuinely shocked... like I've never been before!
This was totally unexpected...
For now, I'm a bit mad though... I knew Kyurem would have another forme... I knew there was the possibility it could have 2 formes instead (based on reshiram and zekrom like these are)... But I was really expecting only 1 new forme. I was hoping that it would have a new forme where it was going to be the single dragon again in its all-mightiness and coolness. Instead we get these... DNA Fusion-like formes... I mean, some people were already calling Reshiram and Zekrom digimonish, but these 2 only give those people a bigger reason to think it... And they look more like evolutions of Zekrom and Reshiram than Kyurem formes (at least, their faces and tails).
I don't know, they're really cool and all, but they're not what I was expecting... and that includes BW2... I'd rather have a Grey version than BW2... I guess I don't really like changes... I just hope they don't make the formes be version-exclusives (that's probably what's going to happen though) - I don't feel like buying 2 games just to get 2 new different formes...

Apparently they are coming out the same day in the U.S. and Japan. Awaiting confirmation.

Back