1st place battle roads!!

What deck will have the best success at Battle Roads?

• Total voters

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone CF11 here with another tourney report and in this one I actually do well! I arrived about an hour early so I could test and make some minor tweaks. I was playing CMT as normal, but am still missing 1 Tornadus Ex so if u have one trade it to me!! Anyway there was a new judge I had never seen before (Mrs. Mann) and she was the nicest judge I have ever met. Her whole family was into Pokemon too. This was the smoothest ran tournament I had ever been too. Anyways we had to combine seniors and masters with three rounds no cut.

Round 1 Wyatt Mann with Scizor/Terrakion/Cobalion

This is an interesting deck to say the least. CMT relies heavily on special energy to attack so that could cause some problems. For those of you who do not know scizors ability states that any pokemon that attacks scizor with special energy does no damage. So i start killing his terraakion with my virizion then kill his scyhers until im down to two prizes and he is at six when he finally kills my virizion leaving me with just abdamaged tornadus. I put down a fresh tornadusmand attach two grass and ko his scizor with two pluspowers. He then has one scizor left with only three damage counters and two special metal and kos my stuff as my hand was horrific and i was missing a grass for tornadus and i had a pluspower in hand. This continued until i had one card left in my deck. I counted the amount of grass i had used and had used 8/9 and then knew that was either my last card or it was my prize. I then search to see what else is missing and i see i have one junkarm left. He thinks he has the game koing my smeargle putting him at one prize. I draw my last card and say "I win" and he looked stunned. I threw down the junkarm for an energy retrieval play an energy onto tornadus retreat and play pluspower for the win! He was stunned and kept counting the damage to make sure it was correct. Closest game of my life gg.

1-0

Round Two Ryan 0-1 Durant

For some reasons two 1-0 were paired downed and I was up against the dreaded durant! I dont run heatmor so i knew this would be tough. I start with a lone celebi and he mulligans allowing me to draw a tornadus and play it down. I go first and topdeck a grass i play grass, dce and then skyarrow for the donk on his durant! GG

2-0

Round 3. David with Zoroark

I know David from league very well and the guy has a great sense of humour. He takes the lead by one prize and we continue to take cheap prizes i knocked out two zoroarks with tornadus ex and then killed a sneasel with tornadus. When he goes down I put up regigigas and put some damage on his zoroark he then does 140 to me. I catcher darkrai ex and raging hamer to take the lead by two. He kills my gigas putting the prizes at one to one. I am out of attackers and am forced to use mewtwo :(. I fb then switch to celebi and fb again then catcher his sneasel and play juniper I hit the dce and win this game! GG

3-0 1st place

So I finished first yay!! I pulled only an empoleon and rh tynamo from my packs. Ive been wanting to play empoleon so i might try it out at another br.

Pros
Winning
The tournament being so smoothly run
The nice judge

Slops
Pulling junk from my packs

Thanks for reading guys and please give me some feedback.

Thanks,

CF11

congrats on coming in 1st! :) I remember my first tournament only had 3 rounds without cut as well... but it's cool you could win in 2 different age groups with CMT xD

The Pikachu Mafia said:
congrats on coming in 1st! :) I remember my first tournament only had 3 rounds without cut as well... but it's cool you could win in 2 different age groups with CMT xD

Thanks ya CmT still is a great deck I do not knowhy people are putting it down.

they think that darkrai ruins it, or it just can't hit hard enough.... idk which but CMT is still tier 1 imo (it did get slightly weaker, but it can still win tournaments :D )

Back