12 Victini boxes?!

PLance

Aspiring Trainer
Hey to everyone.
A long time ago, I saw on TheCardKid site that they were selling 12 boxes of Clash of Legend for only 15$. I was stupid enough to ask them so much questions until they paid attention to their mistake, and they fixed the price.
Today, I saw on their site that they are selling Victini box for 13.99$. But in the descreption, they write: 12 box case. So, I bought it. And my question is: did I bought only one box or 12?
Because, if I get 1 box, I'll tell them that they wrote 12 box case...

http://www.thecardkid.com/tcgponinvictinibx5p.html
Look at the end of the description.

Lol I'm sure they meant 12 boxes per case. You bought 1 box. The price reflects this fact.

I'm not so sure.
As I said before, the put 12 boxes of Clash of Legend for 15$, which is the price of one box.

There's absolutely no logic in thinking that you've just bought 12 Victini boxes for only $15. That'd be $15 for literally 60 booster packs. They either forgot to remove that little part at the end, or meant to say "There are 12 boxes in each case."

Like I said in the previous reply - they did this thing in the past.
The put the wrong price for 12 Clash of Legends boxes, and I think they probably did the same mistake again here.

^If the wording was exactly the same, then you could be right. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too sure.
I will say that you'll probably only receive one box, though, and have to argue for another 11.

If you get more than 1 box, I will be surprised. Arguing for it won't work.

Why won't? They write in the desctription: 12 box case.
Then, I should get that case, or else, they're lie, because I bought what they said in the description, not what they meant from the beginning.

Do you really think they will send you $167.88 worth of product for $13.99 because of typo?

/me rolls her eyes

You're going to get one box, not a dozen. It probably meant to say "We are sending you one box out of a 12-box case." You could threaten to sue, but getting eleven more boxes of cards verses everyone else's time is not worth it. You paid a market price for one box, and you chose to buy it, so stop complaining.

Arguing over "False advertising" simply does not work. You get your money's worth, and thats that. (if you are even lucky enough for that!)

This is what I meant by there being no logic in thinking that you'll get 12 boxes for only $13-5. Troll and Toad has done this before; they set up Junk Arm RHs for what, $0.50 each? My friend bought 12 and got nothing RH. They meant to put NH for $0.50 each.

In this case, it's just obvious that you'll get 1 box for $15, not 12 boxes in a case. They'd lose a substantial amount of money. I'm not sure whether you can sue them for this, but that's just ridiculous. Say McDonalds was advertising their burgers looking all pretty, but when you buy one, it's all ugly. Would you sue them for that? = \

I didn't say that they have done this on purpose. This might be a mistake, just like the Clash of Legends boxes: They were selling 12 boxes of that for a price of one, and after I asked them about that, they said that they've made a mistake.

EDIT: I think that the best reason will be the conversation between me and the Card Kid about the Clash of Legends boxes.
ME: So i just want to make sure.
If I buy this: http://www.thecardkid.com/tcgponindclsholbx-.html
Then I'll get 12 boxes and each box contains 4 packs, and I'll get 48 packs at all, and all this for 15 dollars?
Card Kid: We checked the product page and Yahoo is displaying the wrong price for some reason. We have alerted them to the issue for immediate attention and hope the site will be updated asap. The correct price is currently $113.36.

Before you can argue about stuff like this, there are requirements depending on your country's law system. A reasonably thinking person would notice that 15$ is at least a highly suspicious price and would call it a typo. If the advertisement is off by THIS much, then you had no reason to trust that you'd get 12 boxes instead of just 1 and therefore you have nothing to put forward in a potential argument.

Back