(1) Zorua and Zoroark's English Names [12/6]

well, that's kind of pointless to change the name of things if you ask me, but, eh, i guess it's what ever, an i got to get back into collecting the cards

Well, it's nice to know Zorua keeps its name (and Zoroark, though we knew that already).

The new names for the attacks are nice, as well. Claw Sharpen sounds nicer to me than Hone Claws, but it's the same thing meaning-wise so that's a very minor thing. (And I guess they couldn't keep it Claw Sharpen without needing to make it ClawSharpen.)

This was all pretty much expected. I dislike the Claw Sharpen change (really there was no discernible reason for that), but hopefully this means that slowly and surely, more names will get released as we get closer to March/April.

dmaster out.

Thank goodness Zorua and Zoroark kept their Japanese names. Also, I love their classifications- The Tricky Fox & The Illusion Fox, more so than the Japanese ones (for some reason, Evil Fox & Monster Fox just didn't seem "right" to me). Thanks for the update, WPM.

Awsome, they keep their Japanese names! When do you think we will get the English Black and White Trailer, Hopefully soon!

It`s really good that Zorua and Zoroark keep their names, i really can`t imagine another name for them, i have to say i like more the name Claw Sharpen

Zorua and Zoroark are both now official in english countries now! Hopefully, now the movie will officially be revealed soon as well!

YES!! They keep their JP. names. Although... I did love the name Claw Sharpen and Monster Fox Pokemon Data.:( \
But still cool!

I believe it's Japanese Species name was Illusory fox, not Monster fox...

I sorta dislike Claw Sharpen becoming Hone Claws (What the...sounds weird even though I get it)
Though it's understandable because Claw Sharpen is really long.

Tricky fox is an improvement over Dark Fox.

Teeboy, it's been stated that the DVD of the japanese zoroark movie will be released on the 17th so 10 days. Also it's pretty much expected that they kept their english names, i hate the name hone claws and don't even get me started on the replacement of trickery.

Hone Claws, honing claws, honing -> sharpening. Sharpening claws.

I don't see a problem, guys. You're gonna complain anyways.

The cards look pretty good. Also will have to watch the actual commercial when I have more time as I just got here so hopefully tomorrow XD.:)

as expected and I am sure that victiny,meloetta and maybe Kyurem will have the same name as well as the legendary gods.

Did anybody notice that in the screenshots for Zorua and Zoroark that their names were in correct letter casing? Does this mean the Pokemon's names won't be in all caps anymore?

I was gonna say that. Huzzah for correct casing!

Isn't it an error about the "TCG: Zorua and Zoroark's English Names"?

Oh and btw. I like that they kept their names and the attacks names sounds good too :3

I couldn't care less if the moves got changed, you all will complain over every little change anyway. Was anyone doubting that the foxes would have their names changed?

Figures they were gonna keep the Japanese names - after all, they are the Rioulu/Lucario of the 5th gen.

Hone Claws sounds fine. Foul Play sounds a little odd compared to Trickery, but it's still the same ability.

Hope they reveal more English names soon!

At least we won't have people whining about name changes this time. I hope we get more English names and and release day pretty soon.
I also like how the letters are in correct case. It just annoyed me a little bit that METAGROSS wasn't Metagross.

Back