(1) X/Y Pokemon Direct [9/4]

Ohman177 said:
Gr8Ampharos said:
It was mentioned on Pokemon Smash that they would be revealing more mega pokemon next week, and I think they might of said another form of Mewtwo. Also this picture was posted on 2-Chan, in it you can see all the pokemon that received a mega evolution and then more, either it shows the obtainable pokemon (if that were the case I don't think they would only show they're final forms) or it means that all those pokemon will receive mega evolutions
oIgTRG7.jpg

xe5LiRX.png

I should also mention
This mega mew image floating around the web is fake
2D8UPKa.jpg
just so people know.

LAPRAS AND TROPIUS!!! PLEASE! PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!

Muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muhmuh....muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muh-muhmuh....MEGA CELEBI, SWAMPERT, GARDEVOIR, DRAGONITE AND...S-S-SAMUROTT????!!!???

*jaw drops, screams then barfs rainbows*
Sweet Arceus, please let this happen!!

UPDATE!
A guy speculates on whether or not this list of pokemon mega evolutions is fake http://therandominmyhead.tumblr.com/post/60668351783/kyurem-what-well-lets-take-a-look-to

Pleasedontbutchergardevoir pleasedontbutchergardevoir pleasedontbutchergardevoir pleasedontbutchergardevoir pleaaaaaassseee!

Gr8Ampharos said:
UPDATE!
A guy speculates on whether or not this list of pokemon mega evolutions is fake http://therandominmyhead.tumblr.com/post/60668351783/kyurem-what-well-lets-take-a-look-to

Man am I glad this is probably fake. Starters will happen though.

I'm nearly positive this list is fake. o-o As I said in the other thread that mentioned this, I don't think we will be getting this many Megas, ESPECIALLY not leaked all at once like this. I wouldn't put it past GF to hold back on a lot of Mega forms until the sequels to X and Y. There are also too many Pokemon that are already overpowered that do not need Mega forms, and if you've noticed, so far they've only done Pokemon that were never that good competitively, spare Venusaur and thats only with his DW ability. Not only that but if WPM or anyone else important hasn't even bothered mentioning it, surely it isn't worth being mentioned.

And this list has Garchop. A Mega Garchomp. Nope nope nope nope nope. All of my nopes.

Zielo said:
I'm nearly positive this list is fake. o-o As I said in the other thread that mentioned this, I don't think we will be getting this many Megas, ESPECIALLY not leaked all at once like this. I wouldn't put it past GF to hold back on a lot of Mega forms until the sequels to X and Y. There are also too many Pokemon that are already overpowered that do not need Mega forms, and if you've noticed, so far they've only done Pokemon that were never that good competitively, spare Venusaur and thats only with his DW ability. Not only that but if WPM or anyone else important hasn't even bothered mentioning it, surely it isn't worth being mentioned.

And this list has Garchop. A Mega Garchomp. Nope nope nope nope nope. All of my nopes.

Blaziken and it's DW are OP. Mewtwo always was OP. It isn't rally that many pokemon also other than those things I agree.

zappy800 said:
Zielo said:

Blaziken and it's DW are OP. Mewtwo always was OP. It isn't rally that many pokemon also other than those things I agree.

I honestly don't think it's whether than if it's OP or not, I personally don't see mega evolution being used in Competitive play, it will probably be banned, or not even usable to begin with.

Mega Evolution puts all these pokemon on a new level, having it in competitive play is unfair and too imbalanced.

Gr8Ampharos said:
zappy800 said:

I honestly don't think it's whether than if it's OP or not, I personally don't see mega evolution being used in Competitive play, it will probably be banned, or not even usable to begin with.

Mega Evolution puts all these pokemon on a new level, having it in competitive play is unfair and too imbalanced.

Could be. I only do a little competitive battling here and there, I wouldn't know how Megas are going to play out. I personally would have thought that they would be almost equal to regular Poké's because of the whole no item concept. But again, I'm no competitive expert.

Even so though, I think the point of Megas is to give previously under powered Pokemon a chance at being powerful. Of course this is just in theory, and I believe thats why we haven't seen things such as Mega Blissey or Mega Dragonite yet, and instead are getting things that went unheard of like Ampharos and Mawile. But the night is still young, and there is always room for more surprises.
On that list, I would personally LOVE to see a Mega Lapras or Luxray, and both could use a boost.

Edit: I just looked at the "guy speculating if the list is fake" link out of curiosity, and I have to say he does an excellent job acting out Cilan, Iris, and Ash. :p

I've gotten use to the idea of mega evolutions Nao, and I'm actually interested to see which pokemon will receive one. But I'm also skeptical as to whether or not mega evolving will impede a pokemons ability to evolve naturally...

You know. Like Sableye, Mawile, and Absol...

I love the design of Mega Charizard but it's more stupid because it looks like a dragon even when it's not...
Both Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter are a very useful apps but i'm not willing to pay for them. So i'm going to enjoy them in the month of january...

Sorry for my english... My native language is portuguese...

Besides the transporter for transferring will there be a way to transfer Pokemon from gen 5? I am asking because I have 2 hacked Rayquaza's that I use for my own personal use that I will need transferred when the rime comes and the transporter does not allow hacked Pokemon to be transferred.Is there any other way to transfer these without making them legit to pass through? Otgerwise I am going to have to have someone make them legit so they can be transferred. Anyone have any ideas for this? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Besides the transporter for transferring will there be a way to transfer Pokemon from gen 5? I am asking because I have 2 hacked Rayquaza's that I use for my own personal use that I will need transferred when the rime comes and the transporter does not allow hacked Pokemon to be transferred.Is there any other way to transfer these without making them legit to pass through? Otgerwise I am going to have to have someone make them legit so they can be transferred. Anyone have any ideas for this? Thanks XD.:)

Weeeellll.....the way I see it...no.
PokeBank can detect hacked 'mons, as we already know. If you wanted to make your Raquayza's be "legit" you would probably have to hack the bank to make it let hacked Pokemon through. Or perhaps the other way around, you have to hack your Ray's to where it would trick the Bank into thinking it wasn't hacked. It would be a lot of trouble, and it could possibly corrupt the bank, game, or Pokemon. Or all three.

NachoMan said:
So has anyone got word on any deals for the XY 3DS XLs?

Not yet. GameStop is taking preorders for the sytems. Target said they aren't. Toys"R"Us doesn't even know anything about it yet.

Teeboy23 said:
NachoMan said:
So has anyone got word on any deals for the XY 3DS XLs?

Not yet. GameStop is taking preorders for the sytems. Target said they aren't. Toys"R"Us doesn't even know anything about it yet.

Hmm. Hopefully they'll know something in the next week or so. People really don't get the meaning of "Limited Edition", meaning that there are only so many of them made. You have to get it on launch day or the next day or so, because once they're gone, they're gone. Why say "Just gonna wait until XY come out to get it", these are expected to be off the shelves and sold out the first week, let alone 2 weeks later. If you plan on getting ones of these, people need to be more smart and plan accordingly.

Just to note that I just checked the Best Buy website, and they will also be stocking the XY 3DS XL systems. Which is what TPCi and Nintendo meant when they simply said "Local retailers".

Back