(1) X/Y Gameplay and X/Y Anime Preview on ‘Pokemon Smash’ [7/20]

Gameplay footage both in and out of battles looks very nice. Also, Pokemon Smash looks like an awesome show just because it seems so random and, well... so Japanese.

The starters in the anime trailer look a bit weird to me... I mean, their body shape and details, not the animation itself. =X

Anime one was just weird. Not surprised. /quittheanime

Gameplay, however, was pretty neat. Fletchling's cry ;o; as if it couldn't get more adorable <3

Anime looked awesome as usual, froakie is just their chilling in his jacuzzi scarf while fennekin is derping out. I like how the girl basically saw fletchling and went "OMG ITS SO FLUFFY IM GOING TO DIE" mode. also Octillery confirmed. and the two guys were like water.vs water? heck no, lets spice this up with steel ghost. And that creeping shadow attack was awesome

I just hope that the battles would be a LITTLE bit faster.

Yes, it seems awesome the first battles you have, but eventually you will grow tired of the constant long animation cycle of seeing the Pokémon, that animation of sending your Pokémon out, and finally the animation for catching Pokémon. Think about trying to catch legendaries and having to see that same animation over and over again. Also, I am happy they kept the 'silouette' when surfing, I don't know why. :p

Apart from that, I REALLY look forward to X & Y now, and they've really kept me hyped with these rare trailers, and this was no exception.

@EchoxLEGEND: Well, Octillery isn't exactly announced, they might've just used him for beta purposes. He might be in, though. I think the attack was Shadow Sneak. c:

Drokas said:
The starters in the anime trailer look a bit weird for me... I mean, their body shape and details, not the animation itself. =X

They look pretty much exactly like how they are suppose to, at least I didn't see any blemishes.

Tsukeo said:

Yes, it seems awesome the first battles you have, but eventually you will grow tired of the constant long animation cycle of seeing the Pokémon, that animation of sending your Pokémon out, and finally the animation for catching Pokémon. Think about trying to catch legendaries and having to see that same animation over and over again. Also, I am happy they kept the 'silouette' when surfing, I don't know why. :p

Apart from that, I REALLY look forward to X & Y now, and they've really kept me hyped with these rare trailers, and this was no exception.
I don't think that complaint about legendaries counts because in real life you wouldn't buy a lottery ticket, reverse time because you didn't win, buy a new one, rinse, repeat, and then complain you had to take the time to scratch off all those cards. as far as Game Freak cares that's basically cheating.

Fennekin's head and ears were too small compared to the official art. Chespin and Froakie were cute, but something about Chespin seemed off.

As for the gameplay footage, that music sounded spectacular. Nice animations as well, although the square beach coastlines bug me a bit.

I just can't wait for X/Y, people. This is the only time that I'll ever be excited for school to start.

ECHOxLegend said:
Drokas said:
The starters in the anime trailer look a bit weird for me... I mean, their body shape and details, not the animation itself. =X

they look pretty much exactly like how they are suppose to, at least I didn't see any blemishes.

Tsukeo said:

I don't think that complaint about legendaries counts because in real life you wouldn't buy a lottery ticket, reverse time because you didn't win, buy a new one, rinse, repeat, and then complain you had to take the time to scratch off all those cards. as far as Game Freak cares that's basically cheating.

No, I mean like; you almost NEVER catch the legendary with the first Pokéball (unless you use Master Ball, ofc), so imagine yourself trying to catch the legendary Pokémon, again and again, AND with the current X and Y "catching animation". It would be tedious after a while, wouldn't it? :p

My favorite things about the gameplay trailer are as follows:
- Honedge's unsheathing animation...At first view, I thought it came out unsheathed but it doesn't, it's cool IMO
- The Shadow Sneak animation looks sick
- I was going to say that this video with Octillery is the first thing that confirms that this gen will also include non-6th gen pokemon (unlike B/W) but then I remembered that Sylveon existing pretty much guarantees you will be able to get Eevee

I really can't wait for this game...but luckily unlike Smash Bros 4 which is more than a year away still, this game is only a little less than 3 months away!!

Remember when we thought we would get individual models for the Pokemon you're surfing on? Yeah, good times.
MAsPrcG.gif

Guess we're stuck with the blob. I'm not as mad as I thought I would be.
Also gifs of the starters under this spoiler:
zqCKyl3.gif

B4Wy5dN.gif

s88RRSs.gif

The starters were so cute in the trailer, especially Chespin OMG! ❤__❤ And lol Froakie. :D "Chillin'... Haters be hatin'..."

IDK for me Froakie in the anime is...
Chespin looks like it can sharpen it spikes on its head.
Fenniken is like lolz.

Could someone send me a text display via PM of the videos as I cannot view them on my 3DS. I cannot use the computer ATM so I can't watch the videos. If someon can PM meba text version that will help. Then I can post here. Thanks XD. I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.:)

I feel like froakie stole buizel's flotation device theme. Or at least that's what it looks like to me.

I love how Chespin is like "They might have fancy body parts that can do things but look: I can curl like a Hedgehog and give you a sneaky little peak with one eye".

Rangermon said:
I love how Chespin is like "They might have fancy body parts that can do things but look: I can curl like a Hedgehog and give you a sneaky little peak with one eye".

Actually, I think he was sharpening the horn things on his body. It kinda looks like they got pointier.

Edit: I'm now realizing that's probably what you meant...

Back