(1) Worlds Opening Ceremony Reveals Mega Kangaskhan [8/10]

ashyboy said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
I don't think it was Dragon Tail.

Conkeldurr didn't get sent off the field from an effect, the battle screen said Conkeldurr fainted after the hit from Kangaskhan's child.
I though he got out of the battlefield not fainted..

Nope.

If you read the words in the battle text box, it says, "Hit 2 times!" then, "Conkeldurr fainted!"

omglol

Is this Nintendo's way of saying "We didn't give you Kanga Jr in Gens 3, 4, or 5, so have Mega Kanga Baby in Gen 6"?

It's interesting, and seems to be quite useful. I could still see them even adding an actual pre-evo to Kangaskhan in the future still. But I feel any pre-evo would be something along the lines of a "teenage" version. Kangaskhan comes with a baby and the mother, maybe an actual pre-evo would just be the in between stage?

But anyway, this is pretty neat. It still kind of feels strange seeing these things as just different forms when half of them could be completely different pokemon altogether, but I guess I will just have to wait for it to grow on me.

"Mega Kangaskhan used Outrage!"
"Hit 2 times!"

If you thought fairies were enough trouble for your precious dragons, think twice

The other Megas: take 'em or leave 'em. This...is a fantastic idea!

I'm wondering if other Megas could incorporate similar sort of off-the-wall ideas that would've been impossible to apply earlier in the series. Definitely starting to warm up to them!

Shining Raikou said:
Masuda said there are many more Pokemon that will Mega evolve... wow! Maybe they really are including all of the starters and more? :eek:

This may sound like more speculation, but do you think it's possible that the Pokemon seen fighting the Megas like Conkeldurr and Gyrados have been hints that they could be getting mega evos??

Jakeremix said:
This feels kinda strange for me... I mean, we always imagined that the baby would be a pre-evolution, but whatever. If that ability really is what everyone describes it as... wow. OP much?

I'm not quite sure about this, but I do think Kangaskhan is not very fast. So it's low speed could somewhat balance out its insane brute power.

I present to you: The Whiptail Lizard.
What is it you ask?
A lizard capable of parthenogenic reproduction in their female only species.
Why do you care?
Kangaskhan is basically the same. This also rules out the possibility of a male counterpart, but further backs up the possibility of not one, BUT TWO PREVOS.
My reasoning?
So we have the female only baby (shown in pouch), she evolves into the kickass teenager we see in mega form, then evolves one more time and goes through parthenogenesis while evolving to become the kangaskhan we all know and love, complete with carry on baby, She then goes into mega form, where her and her baby (now grown to the second stage middle version but technically not counting as a second pokemon because you don't own it, she does) kick ass side by side. The mega form then appears to wear off like it does with the other pokemon who have it, BUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENS is the teenager leaves to go off on her own and kangaskhan simply goes through parthenogenesis again to get another identical baby, AND YOU NEVER NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE. The teenager then evolves like her mom did and the cycle repeats.
How do you factor eggs into this?
Simple. Whiptails can also breed with other species, thus laying eggs. Kangaskhan can do the same. And there's no rule saying a pokemon can't lay and egg while it already is caring for a baby.
This further backs up GF's reasoning of not having the kangaskhan change during mega form because she doesn't, her baby simply grows.
See, now I really wish I worked at Gamefreak.

I like the mechanic of this evolution, but I want to know what the downsides to mega evolutions are. I'm guessing you can only have one pokemon in your party able to mega evolve.
For the tcg I hope they bring back Level X type cards for this.
two hundred and twenty tracks?! *whistles*

CMP said:
The other Megas: take 'em or leave 'em. This...is a fantastic idea!

I'm wondering if other Megas could incorporate similar sort of off-the-wall ideas that would've been impossible to apply earlier in the series. Definitely starting to warm up to them!

Agreed. The concept and execution of this are downright beautiful.

And I don't see why anyone would want the Kangaskhan mother to look different. That distracts from the purpose. It's not the mother getting stronger itself, it's the child and the bond between them.

For balancing and logic purposes though, I hope the baby's attacks don't use the same base stats as the mother's. That would be crazy

"Kangaskhan is unchanged?"
"So the baby Kanga actuall mega-evolves.."

No.

Kangaskhan=parent & baby

There is no Kangaskhan without a baby, they are one pokemon.

Magneton
Dugtrio
Exeggcute
and to some extent:
Dodrio
Weezing
Combee
Cherubi
Vanilluxe
Klink
Hydreigon

are all individual pokemon species made up of more than 1 creature.

Kangaskhan=parent and baby in pouch
Mega Kangaskhan=parent and baby fighting along

Mitja said:

No.

Kangaskhan=parent & baby

Magneton
Dugtrio
Exeggcute
and to some extent:
Dodrio
Weezing
Combee
Cherubi
Vanilluxe
Klink
Hydreigon

Unless GF goes with the idea i posted above which is possible.

Attacking twice? Best Mega Evolution revealed so far.
I mean, just look at who grew up.

Since Kangaskhan is my favorite normal type, I really like this. Can't wait to hopefully use my Leafgreen kangaskhan to mega evolve.

This is brilliant.

I mean, the baby evolves, not the mother, it's friggin' brilliant!
It's a perfect design decision, since kangaskhan doesn't change, but still gains new abilities. Now let's hope the second attack does at least 1/2 the damage, I think even a magikarp would be broken if it could attack twice in a row.

Now all we need is megagarchomp. I'm assuming we are getting megas for all fully evolved pokes and standalones ss well. We'll have to wait to be sure though.

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby attacks at full power as well. I'm getting the feeling that Mega Evolutions are supposed to be to Pokémon what Smash Balls are to Super Smash Bros. - ridiculously overpowered, but hard to activate, and not very long-lasting.

ehh... I'm with Mitja... Not seeing any difference in the mother's design is pretty disappointing... Sure, the baby looks cooler but is that it? I hope this is a special case (as Kangaskhan is a fairly weird case of a pokémon) and don't do this much with other Megas...
I'm really hoping for a Mega Charizard but I don't want to be disappointed with its Mega design as I'm already putting high expectations on it...

> keeps her child locked up for most its life.
> takes child with her in battle.
> forces child to fight when it goes Mega.

Kangaskhan is the best mom ever.

Parent doesn't change because the Mega Stone doesn't effect her. She spared herself the extra power to give it to her child, which is why only it changes, rather than her.

I like it.

Mitja said:

No.

Kangaskhan=parent & baby

Magneton
Dugtrio
Exeggcute
and to some extent:
Dodrio
Weezing
Combee
Cherubi
Vanilluxe
Klink
Hydreigon

Oh don't forget Metagross!

But anyway, seeing how this is going I am actually getting more into this. I am still wondering what sort of criteria they will use for pokemon to get evolutions. If it will be just random, or something else.

Back