(1) Umbreon from 'Dark Rush' Revealed [11/10]

catutie said:
Not as fast as this thing is setting up. It doesn't matter if you get out Umbreon or Sharpedo you are going to disrupt your opponent majorly
Reshiphlosion is naturally one of the slower decks out there, but it's not by any means the slowest, either. Once it gets set up, a chain of never-ending Reshirams come charging after you. It can one-shot Umbreon, but Umbreon can't do the same back. Two Typhlosioins is cake to set up, so Reshirams can be powered up in one turn to deal 120 damage in an instant. Bottom line is that Reshiphlosion is designed to spend the first 2-3 turns setting up, then use its momentum from said setup to mount a comeback. Speed isn't everything, and N is sure to emphisize that further.

In the current metagame, there's too much working against Umbreon. With Yanmega Primes and Typhlosion Prime's energy acceleration from the discard pile (not to mention it has it's own energy discard effect to disrupt the opponent, ideal for combating Zoroarks), even if you get successful coin flips every turn, you're not dealing the kind of damage that you need to to be able to keep up with the rest of the format. On top of that, you only have a 43% chance of hitting that magic double heads flip, and that's WITH the Flip-tini factor thrown in. That's not exactly the most reliable percentage, nor would I reccomend relying on it.

Perhaps next format, it might be somewhat useful. Even then, it needs a partner in crime to work with, as Umbreon isn't the answer to everything with Emboar and high-HP EXs around.

Artemis said:
The Umbreon is pretty sweet. Glad I added in a couple of these blister packs when I put in my pre-order for some Dark Rush boxes.

Where did you pre-order your blister packs? Thanks!

CorinthiansRose said:
Where did you pre-order your blister packs? Thanks!

amiami.jp. It's a Japanese retail site that will sell and ship internationally. I checked them out for the preorder at Omahanime's advice, so this is my first time using them. They have boxes of Dark Rush available for pre-order along with boxes and individual packs of the Umbreon blister packs.

PS: The link is long because I linked directly to their pokémon section, as that's what I have bookmarked. This link here will bring you to their English homepage.

Artemis said:
amiami.jp. It's a Japanese retail site that will sell and ship internationally. I checked them out for the preorder at Omahanime's advice, so this is my first time using them. They have boxes of Dark Rush available for pre-order along with boxes and individual packs of the Umbreon blister packs.

PS: The link is long because I linked directly to their pokémon section, as that's what I have bookmarked. This link here will bring you to their English homepage.

Thanks! I just pre-ordered one of the blister packs :D

Back