(1) Three New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [7/30]

at first clance i thought the deer one was a pre evo for staler then i realized that i dont wanna become some freaks that thing every new pokemon is a pre evo or evo of a older ppokemon

i think the evo of the look out pokemon was a lil odd lol

first of all I know I have some problems with grammar and I am trying to improve it, second : who's talking about arcues ?? use your mind at least for a minute and try to understand , I don't mean realistic in the way your talking about, I mean their POSES,the way THEY ACT, many of the new pokemon from gen. II and IV doesn't look realistic, second Arcues is not A REAL GOD !!!! I mean no one Worship him even pokemon it self ,it's something like a rank ,just a title, if you had watch m12 trailer, they call Plalkia,Dialga and Giratina gods !!, also Dialga and Palkia looks more realistic IN THE WAY THEY ACT NOT THEIR SHAPE,Wild in their life not like meowth. the new one looks soo cartoonish.as disney characters. and also I mean the pokemon that are based on animals not ghosts
AND also I DIDN'T SAID ANY word about the deer or the other pokemon I mean the brown rodent,Yes they are not realistic . and the swan TILL NOW shows nothing new ,no difference at alll
and don't talk with me as if I am a hater or attacking pokemon

You say the Pokemons' poses and way they act as lacking... well this is what we currently have: sprites (which most of the time don't make the Pokemon justice) and Sugimori artwork (which some are missing). Are you sure you could tell the origin of Torterra or Mamoswine before you had the games or before Generation IV started? Because right now, we have just seen these Pokemon since some months ago without any or little information at all. I advise you to think what you want to say, because you probably can't tell their lack of origins with such little info.

And yes, you did not talk about the swan and the deer... you overgeneralized. I mean, you criticize designs just when they revealed these Pokemon. Please specify whom are you refering to. :/

Awrighttttt. Instead of discussing the possible implications of the latest news, let's argue over whether or not it's cool. That's so productive and interesting and everyone wants to read it.

Just my two cents here, might be stuff that's so damn obvious you'll hate me for pointing it out, but I really like the new villains and their costume designs. They're a knighthood (I assume) in a land that is split between nature and technology; they'll probably want an imbalance between them in their favor. That definitely could tie in the two legendaries; remove one from its seat of power, the other one will undoubtedly take over. And just like silly Magma and Aqua, things will get out of hand and we as the player gotta fix everything, as always. XD There's a lot of potential in these games for a good plot; the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum plot wasn't TOO bad, but could've used some work. Hmmm... I'm wondering if maybe there is another well-meaning, but overly ambitious organization in these games. You know, to balance out the knights. A cyberpunk group? Better yet, steampunk! One wants more technological advances at the expense of natural resources, the other wants to digress back into "the good old days" before technology became so prominent in modern society.

God, that's a long post... And does anyone else here think the two chicks in the video (the ones shown so quickly that if you blink, you miss 'em) look like Vocaloids?

quilava11 said:
first of all I know I have some problems with grammar and I am trying to improve it, second : who's talking about arcues ?? use your mind at least for a minute and try to understand , I don't mean realistic in the way your talking about, I mean their POSES,the way THEY ACT, many of the new pokemon from gen. II and IV doesn't look realistic, second Arcues is not A REAL GOD !!!! I mean no one Worship him even pokemon it self ,it's something like a rank ,just a title, if you had watch m12 trailer, they call Plalkia,Dialga and Giratina gods !!, also Dialga and Palkia looks more realistic IN THE WAY THEY ACT NOT THEIR SHAPE,Wild in their life not like meowth. the new one looks soo cartoonish.as disney characters. and also I mean the pokemon that are based on animals not ghosts
AND also I DIDN'T SAID ANY word about the deer or the other pokemon I mean the brown rodent,Yes they are not realistic . and the swan TILL NOW shows nothing new ,no difference at alll
and don't talk with me as if I am a hater or attacking pokemon

You say the Pokemons' poses and way they act as lacking... well this is what we currently have: sprites (which most of the time don't make the Pokemon justice) and Sugimori artwork (which some are missing). Are you sure you could tell the origin of Torterra or Mamoswine before you had the games or before Generation IV started? Because right now, we have just seen these Pokemon since some months ago without any or little information at all. I advise you to think what you want to say, because you probably can't tell their lack of origins with such little info.

And yes, you did not talk about the swan and the deer... you overgeneralized. I mean, you criticize designs just when they revealed these Pokemon. Please specify whom are you refering to. :/
[/quote]

I guess you are the one who have to think what to say, I said before that this is not my final judge and that I will wait till every thing comes clear,it's just a primary judge,even Iris and the new guy I am waiting to see every thing first.
and for what you say about Torterra and mammoswin it was clear from the first what they are based on,every one knows that,(if you did not so that's your own problem ), anyway I am character designer and I can see things behind the characters that you can't see, I know that you can't design a monster cat only because you want to do so, or it will turn out to be a stupid pointless character you have to find a new idea to design it and may be this idea is so far from that cat,that's the same thing that happen with meowth and all the other cat pokemon. ( give a CAT as an example).
AND AGAIN I AM NOT A HATER I LIKE THE NEW GAME AND THE POKEMON EVEN Minezumi I am a bit disappointed about the way pokemon is taking ,I am afraid that the game get destroyed by childish ideas as what happen to the anime

I think those two character near the beginning in that split second shot is a boy on the left and a girl on the right and i think they might be good people.

GothLoliBat said:
Just my two cents here, might be stuff that's so darn obvious you'll hate me for pointing it out, but I really like the new villains and their costume designs. They're a knighthood (I assume) in a land that is split between nature and technology; they'll probably want an imbalance between them in their favor. That definitely could tie in the two legendaries; remove one from its seat of power, the other one will undoubtedly take over. And just like silly Magma and Aqua, things will get out of hand and we as the player gotta fix everything, as always. XD There's a lot of potential in these games for a good plot; the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum plot wasn't TOO bad, but could've used some work. Hmmm... I'm wondering if maybe there is another well-meaning, but overly ambitious organization in these games. You know, to balance out the knights. A cyberpunk group? Better yet, steampunk! One wants more technological advances at the expense of natural resources, the other wants to digress back into "the good old days" before technology became so prominent in modern society.

God, that's a long post... And does anyone else here think the two chicks in the video (the ones shown so quickly that if you blink, you miss 'em) look like Vocaloids?

i like the evil team 2 :D

The new deer Pokemon is alright I guess, like most of them. Ironically, I freaking love that meerkat Pokemon (despite me despising that chipmunk one with every fiber of my being). I didn't know the evolution would be so cool. :3 Chipmunk still kinda sucks though. The swan Pokemon...wow that definitely does not look Pokemon at first. I'm going to need Ken Sugimori artwork to believe it 100% because until then, it does look like Disney drew it. _-_ Team Plasma doesn't look that cool IMO. Kinda like Galactic. I was hoping that rumor wasn't true as well...A new black Trainer, that's cool and different. I like the Battle Subway idea a lot and lol at the Football Trainer. The importing minigame looks dumb but I'll deal just like with Pal Park. And oh God. Musicals. Now the game is ruined again for me. _-_ I was happy that there were no announcements of Contests, but this...is almost worse. Seasons changing is really neat. I'm surprised they haven't done that before.

dmaster out.

OK, I really should go to bed now :p

On Topic: I do not like the sound of pokemon musical (or w/e it's called) - I already said in another thread that I wanted pokemon contests to be replaced, but it looks like things just took a turn for the worse :(. Oh well, I'll probably try this new feature out anyway. I also like the new pokemon except for the Minezumi evolution, and I'm glad that Team Plasma has been confirmed (although I don't see how their medieval clothing is relevant to their goals). I also guess this gives credibility to the rumours that were leaked a while ago on the Internet, which is good because I like the sound of these rumours :).

@dmaster: I'm not well off with the bidoof clone either, but it's evo suprised me. It looks really eccentric, but in an interesting way. Hopefully it'll have a useful typing.

Dizzard said:
Do you think that the seasons will change over time and we'll see different seasons in the same routes...or do you think it'll be simpler than that and just appear when you're walking in certain routes? I did get the impression in the video that it could be one season on a route (spring possibly) and then another season at a different time (Autumn)

I hope it's the former, having seasons would be awesome...then that way you could catch more ice pokemon during winter and alot less in Summer (if any).

and I hope the seasons are the same everywhere...so if it's winter in one route it'll be winter in another route and everywhere else too for a set period of time. It would refresh the game I think, a new way of changing what pokemon appear apart from day/night...maybe there could be certain pokemon that only evolve during a certain season...

i totally agree with you! this could introduce many different ways to raise pokemon and catch them
plus it's a very nice touch to the graphics
can't wait for this game!

Full Moon said:
Has anyone else noticed that at the very begining of the promotional video, the guy putting on the persons crown is literally half black and half white. Its very odd.

blackandwhite.png

See.^

i noticed that too!
of course it could just be caused by light and shadow
but i doubt it
that's really interesting!

Pokémon Musicals do sound lame, but I'll probably just avoid them like I did the Contests. I was never a fan of those, though I did like the Pokéathalon in HGSS. They should have had something more like that. Playing dress up with your Pokémon always seemed dumb, and this is coming from a girl. If Pokémon were real, I always felt they'd be humiliated to be in Contests.

Back