(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Frezgle said:
mystic bidoof said:
I JUST WANT MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!

...So is that new PHP programmer going to give us a dislike button? I hope so.

But it all seriousness, I felt like Eevee was going overboard once Glaceon and Leafeon came along. I really liked its concept at first, but... Now it's just gotten old. The next largest branched evolution family is the Hitmons, and there's only three of those. Eight doe-eyed fox-cat-rabbit demons is enough.

With all the new features coming out in Gen. 6 (particularly the announcement of the new Fairy-type Sylveon), I feel, for some reason, that there won't be another Eeveelution. Hypothetically though, if there would be another one, I could see them going in the direction of a steel type.

I'm still clinging on to the possibility of there being an unreleased (Dragon?) eeveelution that we don't know about yet... but I realize the unlikeliness of it. I can hope and dream though, can't I?
I'm also wondering about where the second Mewtwo form is... I guess they're holding off on it.
I like a lot of the unusually colored shinies, though. Even Krookodiles, I think it's interesting. One that I really do hate is Sneasel/Weaviles, though... dear lord...

BCWD93 said:
How about we make Fairy weak to normal? Nothing like getting punched in the face with reality.

I died. And I can honestly see this making sense in the type chart too, lol.

I really don't want a new Eeveelution that much. I mean, a Dragon one would certainly be interesting to combat Sylveon.
However, it doesn't seem necessary, nor does it seem likely.

Frezgle said:
mystic bidoof said:
I JUST WANT MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!

But in all seriousness, I felt like Eevee was going overboard once Glaceon and Leafeon came along. I really liked its concept at first, but... Now it's just gotten old. The next largest branched evolution family is the Hitmons, and there's only three of those. Eight doe-eyed fox-cat-rabbit demons is enough.

Eevee's all about adapting to its environment. Which is why it has so many evolutions and so many different ways to evolve it. That's why there will always be more. Even if not this generation.
The Eevee's way of evolving usually has to do with new features in the games, to kind of show them off. The first was stones, the second was the happiness and day/night systems, the next was terrain (which was kind of weak), and now...?

Lex said:
Frezgle said:

But in all seriousness, I felt like Eevee was going overboard once Glaceon and Leafeon came along. I really liked its concept at first, but... Now it's just gotten old. The next largest branched evolution family is the Hitmons, and there's only three of those. Eight doe-eyed fox-cat-rabbit demons is enough.

Eevee's all about adapting to its environment. Which is why it has so many evolutions and so many different ways to evolve it. That's why there will always be more. Even if not this generation.
The Eevee's way of evolving usually has to do with new features in the games, to kind of show them off. The first was stones, the second was the happiness and day/night systems, the next was terrain (which was kind of weak), and now...?

Thats true, I had almost forgotten that Eevee is meant to evolve so that it can adapt into its environment. The Kanto trio is obvious environment wise.. Umbreon likes the dark and Espeon likes light places, the Sinnoh duo is obvious... but where would Sylveon fit in? An airy grassy meadow, perhaps? Kinda like in the Eevee short trailer.

Zielo said:
Thats true, I had almost forgotten that Eevee is meant to evolve so that it can adapt into its environment. The Kanto trio is obvious environment wise.. Umbreon likes the dark and Espeon likes light places, the Sinnoh duo is obvious... but where would Sylveon fit in? An airy grassy meadow, perhaps? Kinda like in the Eevee short trailer.

There are theories about the pink tower and Pokemon-Amie.
I wonder if the Eevee they're about to distribute that knows the move Sing is a clue. I did notice Sylveon makes pretty melodic sounds in the trailer.

EDIT:; When describing Pokemon-Amie's features, it says Sylveon loves treats, could be another clue.

iynereh said:
So anyone has any idea on what the gym at the lumiose tower be???
Steel? Electric? Fairy?

I'm trying to figure out what it could be, and ruling out types that I can't see making sense (based on the building):
Normal: I can see this due to the lack of any noticable different types.
Fighting: I can't see this fitting in with the map and WPM's source that it'd be the 4th gym, unless something in the game needed the character to ge through Lumiose, but not challenge the gym. The character would then come back.
Flying: I can kinda see this, what with it being very high
Poison: Nothing would make me really think this
Ground: Same as Poison
Rock: Same as Poison
Bug: Can be ruled out, since Gym.1 is confirmed Bug and this looks like it isn't Gym.1
Ghost: Huge landmark full of spectres and ghosts? Would be cool but may not happen
Steel: This is probably one of my bigger bets. Its a huge steel structure, there's more inside and a Steel gym is probably the one to make the most sense.
Fire: Can't really see it
Water: Same as Fire, I mean it could have all the rivers in Lumiose flow to make a large pond and it could have waterfalls in it, but doesn't seem likely.
Grass: I'm thinking the tree jumping from the first trailer is a Grass gym, and unless there's a huge tree in the tower then Grass can be ruled out I imagine
Electric: Probably my second bet. I can see the building being the power source throughout Kalos, and there's electricity generators and all inside, with parts of the building as a gym.
Psychic: We've got that transforming room gym from trailer1 which looks Psychic, but I can't see it fitting that well here.
Ice: If there is an Ice gym, I think it would be much more appropriate for it to go in the snowy area
Dragon: Something tells me that this gym is gonna be 3/4, and I don't think Dragons would be that early on.
Dark: A huge building full of mean Pokemon? I can see this being Darks first gym and it being the biggest gym in Kalos to make up for its years of neglect.
Fairy: I can kinda see this for a similar reason as above. New type? Let's give it the biggest gym in the region! I can kinda see it making sense on the map as well. Since it looks like Lumiose could be the first big City we see in the game, and on the map it could be the second Gym area. WPM's source said Fairy would be Gym.2.

So my final bets are Steel, Electric and Fairy.

Its about going from "erpderp Normal" to "holy shit fully elemental", rather than adapting to environment. I know a dex entry says that, but its either referring to Espeon/Umbreon or Leafeon/Glaceon depending on whether its in GS or DP.

Gamefreak needs to move on.
Otherwise it'll be too much. You cant even make a team of eeveelutions since there is 8..

Eevee was never meant to "evolve into everything".
Now its just holding this monopoly on gaining more and more alt.evos.

Time to use the "plenty of split-evos" concept for something more original.
(Now that I think about it...its kind of like the Kami/Lake guardians on steroids...for some reason people have been disliking them for having such similar designs, but eeveelutions, which are just another eevee with a new color and changed details, everyone loves them. wtf)

Heres a post where I threw out some random ideas that would be MUCH MORE INTERESTING than even more eeveelutions.

Mitja said:
beaulier said:
If Sylveon really turns out to be Fairy type, then it's gonna be possible for Eevee to evolve into "creature types" (Fairy, Dragon, Ghost, Bug), unlike many people say that it can only evolve by elemental powers

well its not like it turns into a fairy... it just gains magical powers, which still seems fitting.

Its still quite easy to explain what Fairy is about in an elemental sense.. words come to mind like magic tricks, illusions, astrological and fortune.. (I'm guessing of course since we don't know yet if thats the case)

Its harder to describe what "Dragon-element" powers are (fire breathing? epicness?) , or "Bug-element" for example (resistant exoskeleton...).

I think its enough and hope this is the speculated "cherry-on-top" final eeveelution tho... Eevee did its job. Gimme new poke with multiple evolution concept instead plz.

Or introduce a new one every other gen orso instead?

1: little humanoid pokemon - Normal
evolving and learning different ways to fight (fan-favourite type trio people have been demanding for ages)
A-Fighting
B-Psychic
C-Dark
extra next gen
D-Normal/Flying (or even pure Flying if they came up with a good enough design)

2: a fighter - Fighting
mixing martial arts with elements
A-Fighting/Electric - THUNDERPUNCH
B-Fighting/Fire - FIRE PUNCH
C-Fighting/Ice - ICE PUNCH
extras next gen (what hitmons tried to do):
D-Fighting/Dark - offense
E-Fighting/Steel - defense

3: a typical psychic, who learns to control different classical elements ( the concept of pyrokinesis expanded to include all 4 greek elements) - Psychic
A-Psychic/Water (water)
B-Psychic/Ground (earth)
C-Psychic/Fire (fire)
D-Psychic/Flying (wind)

4: a formless creature looking like plankton or a cell (ala Solosis/Ditto) - Normal
mimicing different life-forms with a still microscopic-biological look
A-Grass (plant)
B-Bug (insect)
C-Water (aquatic)
D-Poison (virus/sludge)

5: a typical dino/monster pokemon (Nidoran/Aron) - Dragon
gaining different kinds of armors while being a badass Dragon with exotic types
A-Dragon/Steel (quadruped)
B-Dragon/Rock (semi-quadruped and big)
C-Dragon/Ice (bipedal and fast)
D-Dragon/Poison (spiky)

6: catterpillar that changes into different colored identical looking cocoons, to emerge as a moth of different types - Bug
A-Bug/Psychic
B-Bug/Water
C-Bug/Electric
D-Bug/Fire

I'm sure the Dragon with armors would be a huge hit. Its like 4 new cool dragons in one. All of those with potential for 2 more next gen etc...

thats what Im talking about. Eeveelution is like a roadblock to this awesomeness lol.

Man Id love the Dragon that gains all sorts of armors.

Mitja said:
Its about going from "erpderp Normal" to "holy shit fully elemental", rather than adapting to environment. I know a dex entry says that, but its either referring to Espeon/Umbreon or Leafeon/Glaceon depending on whether its in GS or DP.
I learned more about Eevee and adapting through the manga. I only read a few issues a long time ago, but I remember loving this one.

In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Main article: Vee
An Eevee is seen as a Pokémon experimented on by Team Rocket, in their tests to attempt merging Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres into a single Pokémon. The experiments gave Eevee the characteristic of being able to mutate into three of its evolved forms, namely Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon and revert, though it still requires the energies of an evolutionary stone.
Vee is an Eevee that was experimented on by Team Rocket, thereby gaining the ability to freely change from an Eevee into any of its three Generation I evolutions (Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon) and back...Red, with the help of Bill, tried to battle Vee, but for every Pokémon that was sent out Vee would turn into the Eeveelution that had a type advantage over it.

Furthermore:
A rare Pokémon with an irregular genetic code. Able to evolve into any of three highly distinct, advanced forms.

This little tidbit is from the Super Smash Bros. Melee Trophy of Eevee:
As adaptable a Pokémon as any yet discovered, Eevee's evolutionary progress changes to meet the conditions of its environment...

Pokemon Yellow Pokedex:
Its genetic code is unstable, so it could evolve in a variety of ways. There are only a few alive.

All the way up to the Black2/White2 Pokedex:
Thanks to its unstable genetic makeup, this special Pokémon conceals many different possible evolutions.

Sorry for not being thorough enough before. Eevee does not just evolve to adapt. There's another unique factor, and that's its unstable genetic code.

As far as buffing up previous generation lines, I am hoping something fierce that we get a Rapidash evolution that is based on a pegasus.

And as far as that Eeveelution chart released when sylveon was announced, isn't sylveon across from Jolteon? I'm expecting some sort of type advantage there. Since Electric will be the strongest typing (weakness wise) in the game, I feel like Fairy may be super effective against Electric as well.

Well by the looks of it contests are back...and judging by its pretty and girly look it eevee may evolve into sylveon with max beauty just like feebas.

jibbyjackjoe said:
As far as buffing up previous generation lines, I am hoping something fierce that we get a Rapidash evolution that is based on a pegasus.

And as far as that Eeveelution chart released when sylveon was announced, isn't sylveon across from Jolteon? I'm expecting some sort of type advantage there. Since Electric will be the strongest typing (weakness wise) in the game, I feel like Fairy may be super effective against Electric as well.

Now that you pointed that i wonder too but it doesn't make much sense however its not impossible. Also I hope they change some other things that don't make sense like ground not being resistant to fire or ice not being resistant to water and grass.

Btw here's shiny gogoat's art and it looks sweet :

http://xous54.deviantart.com/art/Gogoat-371579247

New localisations!:
Kofukimushi -> Scatterbug
Kofuurai -> Spewpa
Shishuki -> Litleo
Furabebe -> Flabébé
Asama Town -> Vaniville Town
Hakudan City -> Santalune City
Pansy -> Alexa
Viola -> Viola

The rivals will be called Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Serena (The Female Trainer), and Calem (The Male Trainer).

the official site has the english names:

Scatterbug
The Bug-type Scatterbug resides mostly in forests and wild plains.
After Scatterbug has reached a high enough level, it will evolve into Spewpa.
This Bug type uses the fur around its neck to control its body temperature.
Scatterbug can survive in any area, regardless of climate.
Type Bug
Height 1' 00"
Weight 5.5 lbs.

Spewpa
Spewpa is the middle Pokémon of this evolutionary chain.
With enough experience gained from battle, Spewpa will eventually evolve into Vivillon.
Spewpa gains a stiff carapace once it evolves from Scatterbug, so less forceful attacks will hardly make a scratch.
Continue to battle and level up with Spewpa to make it evolve!
Type Bug
Height 1' 00"
Weight 18.5 lbs.

Vivillon
In its final Evolution, in addition to becoming stronger, Vivillon also changes its type.
You can continue to level up the Pokémon to make it even stronger!
After evolving from Spewpa, Vivillon gains beautiful wings.
Vivillon can use its wings to blow up a strong wind to attack.
Type Bug/Flying
Height 3' 11"
Weight 37.5 lbs.

Clauncher
Clauncher is easily recognizable by the oversized claw on one of its arms.
This useful claw can seize prey and shoot water at others as a projectile!
Clauncher's enormous claw can also crack boulders when the Pokémon is at close range.
Use the claw to crush opponents with the Water-type move Crabhammer!
Type Water
Height 1' 08"
Weight 18.3 lbs.

Skrelp
Disguised by its shape, Skrelp pretends to be a piece of seaweed.
When prey gets too close, Skrelp bathes it in poison to keep it from struggling.
Type Poison/Water
Height 1' 08"
Weight 16.1 lbs.

Litleo
The hot-blooded Litleo is always ready for a good fight!
Its mane blazes with heat during battle, burning hotter and hotter the stronger its opponent.
Litleo can learn the new Noble Roar move, an intimidating move that will lower the target's Attack and Sp. Atk stats.
Type Fire/Normal
Height 2' 00"
Weight 29.8 lbs.

Flabébé
Another newly discovered Fairy-type Pokémon, Flabébé clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life.
Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors.
Fairy Wind is a new Fairy-type attack that Flabébé can learn. It's super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon!
Type Fairy
Height 0' 04"
Weight 0.2 lbs.

Flabébé? Weird o_O Is that pronounced "fla-bay-bay"? Or "fla-bee-bee"? Going to be a pain to search for those accented e's anyway, lol.

I'm wondering what the "scatter" in Scatterbug and "spew" in Spewpa are all about.

EDIT: Lol shoot, turns out round-hair mcgreenshirt was a boy after all.
"When Pokémon evolve, you'll usually see a different scene than when they level up."
"Usually"? Wat

Other info is updated too like about the friends and of course they made the ginger kid all nerdy and wanting to complete the dex first.

Frezgle said:
Flabébé? Weird o_O Is that pronounced "fla-bay-bay"? Or "fla-bee-bee"? Going to be a pain to search for those accented e's anyway, lol.

I'm wondering what the "scatter" in Scatterbug and "spew" in Spewpa are all about.

EDIT: Lol shoot, turns out round-hair mcgreenshirt was a boy after all.
"When Pokémon evolve, you'll usually see a different scene than when they level up."
"Usually"? Wat

Fla-bay-bay because of the upward inflection on the é. Oh wow, i really thought it was a girl.
Wait wut? Theres a scene for levelling?

Viola uses bug type right? And she is a photographer... I see the link... she is a shutterbug and most probably will have a scatterbug!

Back