(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

leecario said:
If furabebe didn't have the flower it would be so hard to see, it's so tiny and cute. Imagine your dragon getting killed by it haha

It's the same size as Joltik. Should the baby spider have had a flower too? That would actually be kinda cute someone go draw that.

Also, not sure if this means anything but;

"An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling"

AN evolved form, not THE evolved form. That, and the abrupt change in design [that and Fletchling is 1ft height while Talonflame is 4ft] leads me to believe we're getting a 3 stage bird after all, with the middle evo [or an obnoxious final evo if this isnt it] yet to be releaved. There's also the pokedex slots; there are two slots that come after fletchling. The next pokemon after those is a base mon.

Personally, I am optimistic about every single design so far. I really don't care what they look like if they're brand new.

On another note, I'm pretty disappointed that Team Preview is still going to be around...

Frezgle said:
Anyone else notice that the NPC character on the leftmost of the one scan has hair that makes her look like a Cincinno? And a shirt with Gothitelle bows? And then the fat dude has a Vanillite shirt. Makes me think the middle girl should look like some Pokemon but I don't really see anything obvious.

Ralts?

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Mitja said:
ITS FIRE/NORMAL

gamefreak wat r u doin
gamefreak
stahp

It's going to evolve into a Fire/Poison manticore. Did you notice the stinger on its tail?

A manticore as a Pokemon would probably be one of the coolest things I've ever seen..... I hope you are right and that is a stinger and not just a funny-shaped fluff.

Also, reading back through the comments I found a bigger screenshot of Vivillons preforms, and the first one has a wittle buck tooth. I almost died at how adorable that is. And the second stage isnt as much of a copy as the first as I thought it was, there are a lot of differences.

InuMimi said:
Shishiko is adorable. I am hoping based on its name (ko meaning child) and the fact that it is a lion that it will evolve into something that resembles a Shishi or Shisa. That would be awesome.
That would also be pretty cool. Imagine if it was a combination of that plus a manticore. :p

Whitefire said:
I don't like 'Emolga' either [im old, GAH.] So i still call it by Emonga. Chnage of one letter and people still know what i mean. Taloflame/Fiarrow i think would work fine.

I know what you mean, I hate the name Emolga. Its the G that ruins it for me, though. When I hear the word emolga, I think of some big barbarish brute, not a cute little mousy thingy.

Jakeremix said:
coolhippowdon101 said:
I love everyone of these designs so far (especially noivern and the lion cub), except for the flower fairy. Not only do I think it should be grass/fairy but I also don't like the design that much.

Am I a ground type just because I'm standing on the floor?

Lol, look I'm just saying that it seems to me like it should be part grass, at the very least I'm expecting them to give it some grass type moves.

Ok, let me make this clear.

THERE ARE NO "PRIMARY" "SECONDARY" TYPES!

The new lion cub is 50% fire, 50% normal. Not 75% fire, 25% normal. No. It's all even. He doesn't have a primary or secondary type. It's all 50/50. Just like Helioptile. The order of types doesn't matter.

CorinthiansRose said:
So I was looking through Serebii's screenshots, and one of them had Xavier trading an Eevee for a Pikachu... I don't ever remember seeing that in any of the trailers
It's on the official website... guys please check the website too...

Zielo said:
Also, reading back through the comments I found a bigger screenshot of Vivillons preforms, and the first one has a wittle buck tooth. I almost died at how adorable that is.

Awww i just noticed it :) the second stage looks like the first one snuggled up in a blanket

TheKeaton said:

The new lion cub is 50% fire, 50% normal. Not 75% fire, 25% normal. No. It's all even. He doesn't have a primary or secondary type. It's all 50/50. Just like Helioptile. The order of types doesn't matter.

The order of types doesn't matter in a practical sense, but there's always a reason for it.
As a general rule, the type that the Pokemon shares the most attributes of goes first. It's why Lucario is Fighting/Steel and Cobalion is Steel/Fighting. There are oddballs like Flygon (Ground/Dragon), but those are often due to preserving the order of the types of their first forms, because the first type never changes.

TheKeaton said:

THERE ARE "PRIMARY" "SECONDARY" TYPES!

The new lion cub is 50% Fire, 50% Normal. But the primary type is Fire, and the secondary type is Normal. Primary types represent what element the Pokémon represents the most, and secondary types often only add flavour. Like Lanturn is a fish (primary Water) but it can manipulate electricity (secondary Electric). The order of types matters.

"You also appear to have a Rhyhorn live in your front garden. "

Pff it's taking up the entire sandbox.

I'm really loving the little lion cub! I can't wait to see what it evolves into! :D

After seeing some of the Pokemon revealed, Which ones are your favorites?
Which ones would you consider for your X/Y Team?

Mine would be:
Froakie (Could be my favorite starter, Tied with Piplup)
Pancham (A PANDA. His smug little smile is adorable)
Skrelp ( To me it looks really cool & cute. YES i said "cute", Spheal With It. )

My team may subject to change. Considering TalonFlame or the Cute Fire, Lion Cub.

Hi, everyone. New to this site. Loving it so far. Here's one thing you need to know about me, I have a weird emotional attachment to ALL POKEMON...yup, all of them. They are like my babies so I get offended/upset when people make fun of a pokemon or hate on certain pokemon...I love all the new pokemon shown for X/Y so far (duh) but it kinda saddens me that people are saying "Oh they tried THIS TIME (implying they didn't really try for the Unova generation)...Le sigh, weird emotional hang ups aside, I'm really excited for this next generation...Chespin's going to be my starter and I'm definitely getting X for Xerneas...I love that Dragon types are getting some much needed balancing in the Fairy Types

What I want though (and we haven't seen except for Sylveon) is evolutions of previous gen pokemon...especially those that have been ignored/hated on/unloved for being "weak" (ie Spinda, Farfetch'd, etc)...*Fingers Crossed*

TheKeaton said:

If it didn't matter even in an conceptual sense or any other way, then explain Geodude/Rhyhorn to me please.

Simply assuming the primary type is more crucial to the pokemon, while secondary is either more external (like armor) or optional (being able to fly etc), that pairs types make sense to me...
Same for Sableye/Spiritomb (first being a sneaky critter with a zombie theme, while the latter being a proper ghost with extra sneaky abilities)...

This generation has been Pretty Good in my eyes.

Pros:
Sky Battles
Good Looking Pokemon Designs besides a couple that I dislike.
3D Game
Character Custimization
Cool new attacks
Red/Blue sound effects (Genwunner Comment: Yay!)
Generation Transfer

Cons:
FAIRY TYPE (Here comes the hate train)
Mewtwo's new form. If they made a good backstory, or extra stat based forms this would be a pro.
A couple bad designs like the fairy plant, Xerneas, Chespin, and Froakie
Some pokemon just have really poor names. Gogoat? Talonflame? Really? (Genwunner comment: Ey remember wen dey had creative names like "Muk" , "Geodude", and "Ditto".)

Yes the order of the types does matter. Not on a large scale, but it does. There is a difference between Fire/Fighting and Fighting/Fire. I believe some abilities may depend on what primary type the Pokemon is, could be wrong.

Byyy the waaayyy.... what ever happened to the next Mewtwo form? Wasn't it predicted to be released with the E3 or corocoro info? I mean it was just a prediction, but it would have made sense for them to reveal it then if its going to be in the next movie. Or maybe Smash will be releasing it?

Granted that there even is a second Mewtwo form, but at this point I think we all pretty much will take everything else the leaker said as fact...

Zaqix said:
Hi, everyone. New to this site. Loving it so far. Here's one thing you need to know about me, I have a weird emotional attachment to ALL POKEMON...yup, all of them. They are like my babies so I get offended/upset when people make fun of a pokemon or hate on certain pokemon...I love all the new pokemon shown for X/Y so far (duh) but it kinda saddens me that people are saying "Oh they tried THIS TIME (implying they didn't really try for the Unova generation)...Le sigh, weird emotional hang ups aside, I'm really excited for this next generation...Chespin's going to be my starter and I'm definitely getting X for Xerneas...I love that Dragon types are getting some much needed balancing in the Fairy Types

I feel exactly the same and by my standards the generation itself doesnt matter because Im not going to say a gen sux because of some designs...I only take into account what matters.
People should try to be more respectful and thankful for what they have especially gen wuuners since they are all grown up and blinded by nostalgia...times change pokemkn evolved and Im personally happy of the direction things are headed now.

Back