(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

leecario said:
steffenka said:
I don't know if anyone has posted it, but am I the only one who can not see the new pokemon on the xy website (Clauncher, Skrelp & Talonflame)
If I'm not the only one here is a link to serebii, to their site: http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/ just scroll down i guess

I'm scrolling and scrolling and nowhere is there a Talonflame :(
Its probaply just for me, if you all can see them..
And I have seen them, just to get that cleared of ;)

I wonder if the fire dog pokemon mentioned before is the lion cub mentioned now. Im guessing probably.

We do already have Shinx though, as mentioned above. ^ I was already thinking of that. What we could really use is a cheetah, panther, or... a LYNX. :p

We still haven't seen Inkay/Malimar, Espurr/Meowstick yet... still more to go. I wonder what CoroCoro will be leaking, I hope it wont just be a recap.

steffenka said:
leecario said:
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/ just scroll down i guess

I can't see them either. Someone posted a serebii link before. You can see them there.

FT10 said:
steffenka said:

I can't see them either. Someone posted a serebii link before. You can see them there.

I know, it was me so I have seen them ;)

Talonflame looks like a mix of a Robin and a Sparrwohawk.

Also I hope the Lion cub stays a Lion-based, bc they Still have to make the Tiger Fire starter in a future gen (since Fire starters are based so far on the Chinese Zodiac).

Talonflame is definitely a bird of prey, like a hawk or falcon. o.o

I mean this wasnt confirmed. But it just really, really looks like it.

With its art, typing and description revealed, Skrelp is instantly one of my new favorite pokemon. I love the whole concept of a killer toxic seahorse imitating nasty, rotten seaweed, and those eyes are awesome! I still think it looks reminiscent of a vampire squid, and I wonder if its evolution will have seaweed-like tentacles.

Clauncher confirmed as a snapping shrimp, which is so awesome. I do hope for a stomatopod evo.

Talonflame looks like a very specific type of real predatory bird, but I cannot for the life of me remember exactly which. Like, there's a single real-world species remarkably similar to it, just without the flame pattern. Some sort of raptor.

Zielo said:

Its head is very close to a male cardinal's.

I know I am late but i didn't have internet all day so...

dUuVUrg.gif

Anyway everything looks great :") Pokemon people you have made my happy.

Frezgle said:
TGIF-Mudkip said:
so when will CoroCoro Leak?

You can't ask when something will leak; the entire point of leaks is that they're indeterminately early :v

Serperior said:
Fletchling's evo looks like it's wearing pants...utter stupidity. I like the blue crab, but hate the Horsea-impersonator.

Would it make you feel better to know that its head is basically one of these?

2767773-wait-wut-jpg.jpg

Skrelp is more related in appearance to Sea Dragons than Sea Horses just an observation.

Skrelp: Sea Dragons http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4V6NBmdo9Ik/TawqBGw0zpI/AAAAAAAAC0I/A_0BstTDzCI/s1600/20-Weedy+Seadragon.jpg

vs.

Horsea/Seadra/Kindra: Sea Horses http://www.savethesea.org/Seahorse.jpg

Skrelp is my favorite Pokemon revealed alongside Noivern. I'm not sure if I'll have Skrelp and its future evolution(s) on my team because I'm choosing Froakie but I'll definitely be catching one.

Opinions on the new 3 pokémon...

Skrelp - Hate the name, looks ugly and lame, hope it gets better evos... also, again switching types order?
Clauncher - Looks decent but still a bit on the ugly side... Might grow on me faster than Skrelp though...
Talonflame - Don't care about the name... Fire/Flying is bad competitively, I know... but that bird is f-ing awesome! Love the design, it's cool that it doesn't stay Normal/Flying like past birds (plus Fire is cool anyway) and I'm pretty sure it's a stage 2, there's likely a middle stage between Fletchling and Talonflame...

Frezgle said:
Zielo said:

Its head is very close to a male cardinal's.

Some hawks/falcons also have this. And then look at the bottom with the speckled pattern, the hooked bill, the prey-gripping talons, and that "mean" look most birds of prey have. There is also the fact that they emphasize its speed. It actually looks like it is more specifically based on the peregrine falcon. :D

You cant see it in this picture, but the falcon also has stripes on its tail and the flecks on its bottom go into its wings as well, like Talonflames do.

Well yeah, it's obviously mostly falcon with its speed and design; all I said was the head is very cardinal-esque, with the color, black mask, and crest thing :B

Oh, well yeah, I can agree with that as well. :p I thought you just meant that it was only cardinal based.

Back