(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Masuda didn't expect anyone to ask questions about EV's and IV's, but someone asked anyway. They're supposed to be much more visible in XY.

Removing team preview makes scouting be a major part of battles again. Awesome. If only Invisible Pebbles were gone...

Mitja said:
removing team preview? yeah no, thats the only stupid nonsense thing Ive read all day. lol

It's more fun watching your opponent cower in fear as you throw out your Mewtwo against their Machop because you said "no evos".

And another one showing Sky Battles. Man, I'm loving these multiple camera angles. pic.twitter.com/L9JG8fO2Em

Here's a (slightly grainy) photo for you all from the presentation, showing Horde Encounters. Scary! pic.twitter.com/jN5ICgHvEC

OU Pokemon said:
leecario said:
Haha, he also hashtagged #notreally #wecanhope so it isn't true

Thank god, now let's hope weather (Rain) isn't nerfed. Death to the fairies! Azumarill 4 OU!! (Hey, the thing's OU, and if the leaks were true than the dang thing will be immune to Dragons, plus Rain would hopefully buff it)

I would actually prefer Togekiss getting Fairy type. Immunity to one of the best physical combos, Serene Grace and that SpA its pretty good.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
OU Pokemon said:
Thank god, now let's hope weather (Rain) isn't nerfed. Death to the fairies! Azumarill 4 OU!! (Hey, the thing's OU, and if the leaks were true than the dang thing will be immune to Dragons, plus Rain would hopefully buff it)

I would actually prefer Togekiss getting Fairy type. Immunity to one of the best physical combos, Serene Grace and that SpA its pretty good.

Yep, now its immune to Outrage, EQ, and is neutral to Rocks. Welcome back to OU, Togekiss. But seriously, that's a pretty cool idea too :).

somebody should ask them if they are intentionally messing with us by picking reverse type combos of what you'd expect so it feels more unique or something heh. Would be interesting what they'd answer to something like that lol. More than asking whether we can import old pokemon and mutli save files *facepalm* what the heck. might as well ask if they are from another planet.

More questions & answer, source from bulbagarden's twitter.

You can change your character's hair style and apperance. So...maybe not just a selection of 3 archetypes like it'd been implied before?

We'd already guessed it from the past videos, but 8 way movement is confirmed. Battles and encounters will still be based on the grid.

Music in the new games is less modified/compressed, will apparently have a rather different feel to it.

Awwww. A question about the new Mewtwo form leads to an evasive reply. They're not able to talk about it at this stage.

"7:16: The music will apparently be less digitized in the games now. Will have a different feeling."

I was just thinking the other day that I hope there's a jump in sound quality for these since they're on the 3DS. Hope the compositions are nice.

Removing team preview is the worst idea ever. That was the biggest thing that made gen five a slightly tolerable (for lack of a better term) generation for competitive battling. Hopefully Shofu is wrong or it's a possible option to turn on, otherwise things are going to get pretty bad (or rather worse).

Has anyone noticed... in the Horde Battles, it seems that only one species of Pokemon can be found at once (like the 5 Axews, the 5 Houndour, etc) but in one picture... it shows a heard of Tauros and then theres one Miltank. o.o The text also reads, "Woah! A horde of Tauros appeared!" And says nothing about the Miltank. Is anyone else seeing a hint at some sort of link here?

Whether its a future preform link, or a future evolution link, or maybe Miltank is just strictly a female Taurus...? It just seemed weird to me.

Zielo said:
Has anyone noticed... in the Horde Battles, it seems that only one species of Pokemon can be found at once (like the 5 Axews, the 5 Houndour, etc) but in one picture... it shows a heard of Tauros and then theres one Miltank. o.o The text also reads, "Woah! A horde of Tauros appeared!" And says nothing about the Miltank. Is anyone else seeing a hint at some sort of link here?

Whether its a future preform link, or a future evolution link, or maybe Miltank is just strictly a female Taurus...? It just seemed weird to me.

I think for convenience's sake, they'll just call the herd by whatever pokemon makes up the majority, just my guess

Zielo said:

I think it's just whatever there are more of, unless there are 5 totally different pokemon in the horde battle.

I kind of like the idea of the horde battle though. Next thing they should do is 8 player Battle Royale, and make rotation, triple, horde, and battle royale battles in the TCG as well.

unsheathed said:
Removing team preview is the worst idea ever. That was the biggest thing that made gen five a slightly tolerable (for lack of a better term) generation for competitive battling. Hopefully Shofu is wrong or it's a possible option to turn on, otherwise things are going to get pretty bad (or rather worse).

absolutely. its like throwing most of what you can consider "skill" out the window and making it a battle of "I have no idea how I'm doing" until you know what your opponent has, and at that point its already decided anyway..

EDIT:
"Online battles will basically be the same as before."
if this means what I think it means: ba dum tsss

I'd say that no comment on the Mewtwo formes makes it a bit hinty toward a new forme!
Also roller skates takes you off the grid but normal walking is on a grid? How will that work...?

Zielo said:

They did say you could encounter more than one type of Pokemon in hordes.

Zielo said:

6:50: There will now be a new battle scenario called "Horde Encounters" - it's what we saw in the previous post with Froakie vs. the Houndour. Your Pokemon vs. 5, and they can be different ones. You have to battle all of them.

Dont think there is anything fishy about the Tauros one as there is more of them then the 2 Miltank

Back