(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

DNA said:
SkyeVictini said:
Those two new Pokémon look awesome. Especially Vivillon; makes my inner 5-year old come out.
Should I be ashamed of myself that I feel like this as well?

These new Pokémon are sweet! I like them a bit, actually. Vivillon is very cool. I like her a lot. I guess it was time to get a new type, but if Xerneas and Yveltal are Fairy-type...wow. That does not suit them at all. I will not be happy with it.

Press release: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/E3_Nintendo_Direct_reveals_masses_of_information
“ THE WORLD EMBARKS ON THEIR POKÉMON X AND POKÉMON Y

ADVENTURE ON OCTOBER 12, 2013

Discover a New Pokémon Type and a New Way to Interact with Pokémon in the Next Evolution of Pokémon Video Games

BELLEVUE, WA—June 11, 2013—Kicking off exciting Pokémon activity at E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games will launch worldwide on Saturday, October 12, 2013 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system. The simultaneous worldwide release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will allow new and veteran Pokémon fans around the globe the opportunity to battle and trade never-before-seen Pokémon and past favorites with each other immediately.

Also confirmed today is that the newly discovered Pokémon Sylveon is in fact a brand-new type: a Fairy-type Pokémon. The first new type to be introduced in a Pokémon video game in over a decade, Fairy-type Pokémon like Sylveon and their Fairy-type moves will be super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon! Prior to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, only Dragon-type and Ice-type moves were super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon. Fairy-type Pokémon will include not only newly discovered Pokémon like Sylveon, but also Pokémon from past titles like Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff, which will be reclassified as Fairy-type Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Fairy-type Pokémon, the 18th Pokémon type, will add a new dimension and strategy to battling in the new games.

More details about Sylveon, plus two never-before-seen Pokémon, have been revealed today:

The Fairy-type Sylveon is an Intertwining Pokémon that can manipulate its ribbonlike feelers at will and can emit from them an aura that can calm people and other Pokémon. It often wraps these feelers around the arm of its Trainer as it walks behind him or her. Sylveon can learn Moonblast, a new Fairy-type move debuting in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Moonblast calls on the power of the moon to attack an opposing Pokémon. This move can be very powerful and also lowers the opposing Pokémon’s Attack stat.

The Sound Wave Pokémon Noivern is a Flying- and Dragon-type Pokémon that is extremely combative and will attack anything that wanders too close to it. Flying through the dark night with ease, Noivern uses the ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears to attack. These waves are so strong they can reduce large boulders to small pebbles. A new Normal-type move in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that perfectly suits Noivern is Boomburst. This move emits an explosive sound wave that attacks all surrounding Pokémon with the resulting energy. But beware—Boomburst will also strike any nearby allies, so consider the situation and your team’s types before using it!

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will introduce the new Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon. It’s said there’s a secret behind the colorful decorative pattern on Vivillon’s wings, which it uses to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon can learn Struggle Bug, a Bug-type move that lowers the Special Attack of any opposing Pokémon it hits, so the move not only causes damage but also reduces the damage inflicted on Vivillon from certain moves during battle.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will also allow players to interact with their Pokémon in a whole new way with Pokémon-Amie. Playing and interacting with Pokémon that are in your team by using the Nintendo 3DS system’s Touch Screen will build a stronger bond with them. Building this special bond with your Pokémon in Pokémon-Amie will only help players in their future battles. ”

-- The Pokémon Company International

Shocker said:
"The Fairy-type Sylveon is an Intertwining Pokémon that can manipulate its ribbonlike feelers at will and can emit from them an aura that can calm people and other Pokémon. It often wraps these feelers around the arm of its Trainer as it walks behind him or her."

I didn't want to ever like Sylveon
but
that makes me kinda like Sylveon. :I

Shocker said:
Press release: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/E3_Nintendo_Direct_reveals_masses_of_information

Discover a New Pokémon Type and a New Way to Interact with Pokémon in the Next Evolution of Pokémon Video Games

BELLEVUE, WA—June 11, 2013—Kicking off exciting Pokémon activity at E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games will launch worldwide on Saturday, October 12, 2013 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system. The simultaneous worldwide release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will allow new and veteran Pokémon fans around the globe the opportunity to battle and trade never-before-seen Pokémon and past favorites with each other immediately.

Also confirmed today is that the newly discovered Pokémon Sylveon is in fact a brand-new type: a Fairy-type Pokémon. The first new type to be introduced in a Pokémon video game in over a decade, Fairy-type Pokémon like Sylveon and their Fairy-type moves will be super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon! Prior to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, only Dragon-type and Ice-type moves were super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon. Fairy-type Pokémon will include not only newly discovered Pokémon like Sylveon, but also Pokémon from past titles like Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff, which will be reclassified as Fairy-type Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Fairy-type Pokémon, the 18th Pokémon type, will add a new dimension and strategy to battling in the new games.

More details about Sylveon, plus two never-before-seen Pokémon, have been revealed today:

The Fairy-type Sylveon is an Intertwining Pokémon that can manipulate its ribbonlike feelers at will and can emit from them an aura that can calm people and other Pokémon. It often wraps these feelers around the arm of its Trainer as it walks behind him or her. Sylveon can learn Moonblast, a new Fairy-type move debuting in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Moonblast calls on the power of the moon to attack an opposing Pokémon. This move can be very powerful and also lowers the opposing Pokémon’s Attack stat.

The Sound Wave Pokémon Noivern is a Flying- and Dragon-type Pokémon that is extremely combative and will attack anything that wanders too close to it. Flying through the dark night with ease, Noivern uses the ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears to attack. These waves are so strong they can reduce large boulders to small pebbles. A new Normal-type move in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that perfectly suits Noivern is Boomburst. This move emits an explosive sound wave that attacks all surrounding Pokémon with the resulting energy. But beware—Boomburst will also strike any nearby allies, so consider the situation and your team’s types before using it!

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will introduce the new Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon. It’s said there’s a secret behind the colorful decorative pattern on Vivillon’s wings, which it uses to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon can learn Struggle Bug, a Bug-type move that lowers the Special Attack of any opposing Pokémon it hits, so the move not only causes damage but also reduces the damage inflicted on Vivillon from certain moves during battle.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will also allow players to interact with their Pokémon in a whole new way with Pokémon-Amie. Playing and interacting with Pokémon that are in your team by using the Nintendo 3DS system’s Touch Screen will build a stronger bond with them. Building this special bond with your Pokémon in Pokémon-Amie will only help players in their future battles. ”

Welp, looks like it's true after all. Boo-hoo. (inb4 your tears are delicious)

At least they retyped decently and didn't retype any ones we didn't expect (besides maril)

Shocker said:

:D:D:D:D

Sylveon's description is cute. It wraps its feelers around your arms? KAWAII! /)^3^(\

Oh, and Noivern used Dubstep! I officially deem it the Dubstep Dragon!

Noivern sounds like Hydreigon; both attack anything close to them and they both are Dragon types.

I really hope this is not all the info we get for the whole month of june; we still know nothing! Whats the plot, gym leaders, evil team, professor, rival, elite four????? Hm's, Tm's? different types of poke-balls, Pokemon contests? New key character? Legendary types, 3 starters evolutions? Battle frontier, double or triple battles? HELLO! THEY REVEALED NEXT TO NOTHING!

That dragon bat thing is gorgeous. I know that I will be getting that one.
Also, did Xerneas use Ice Beam? It looked like it, I hope its not an Ice type...
I am glad they did not revel Xern and Yvel's types. I am still going for psychic/electric, psychic/steel for Xern (it no longer looks like a fairy type, seeing the new fairy Pokemon) and Dark/Flying for Yvel, to balance out Xern's likely psy/elec type.

Shocker said:
The Sound Wave Pokémon Noivern is a Flying- and Dragon-type Pokémon that is extremely combative and will attack anything that wanders too close to it.

Cool! A sound based Pokemon is nice to have every now and then in generations which means there might be some new sound based attacks if generation 6 contains more sound based Pokemon. This might open the door to a "Sound Type" if they keep making them in the future since having another new type besides fairy this generation would be too much to change with the game mechanics, I guess.

"The Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon uses its wings to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon is said to have a secret hidden in the colorful decorative pattern on its wings."

I'm thinking a Vivillon scale will be required to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

Jay said:
I really hope that the upcoming information sources do more that just recycle what was revealed today. It would be very disappointing if CoroCoro and Smash do nothing but reveal Fairy Type / The two new pokes.

I will be really disappointed too, but I have a feeling that's all we're gonna get.

The only thing about Noivern is... more x4 weakness to Ice! 4th Dragon/Flying Pokemon that isn't Legendary (if not it would be 5th). I would say that it would have 1 pre evo only being Normal/Dragon or Dragon/Flying or Normal/Flying.

We'll have to wait at least 1 more month for the legendaries typing (which I'm glad they aren't revealing it because we already have so much to hype on).

Why here is going to nickname their Noivern "V-Scratch"....as in Vinyl Scratch lol

vinnie22 said:
I really hope this is not all the info we get for the whole month of june; we still know nothing! Whats the plot, gym leaders, evil team, professor, rival, elite four?? Hm's, Tm's? different types of poke-balls, Pokemon contests? New key character? Legendary types, 3 starters evolutions? Battle frontier, double or triple battles? HELLO! THEY REVEALED NEXT TO NOTHING!
HELLO! A new type announcement is easily as big as some of these, if not bigger.

CyberCat5555 said:
That dragon bat thing is gorgeous. I know that I will be getting that one.
Also, did Xerneas use Ice Beam? It looked like it, I hope its not an Ice type...
I am glad they did not revel Xern and Yvel's types. I am still going for psychic/electric, psychic/steel for Xern (it no longer looks like a fairy type, seeing the new fairy Pokemon) and Dark/Flying for Yvel, to balance out Xern's likely psy/elec type.

Small cutesy things =/= Fairy types. We only know Marill, Jiggles and Gardevoir are Fairy types, but they could be using these 3 to market the type because they're popular among fans.
I'm hoping that they will reveal a Fairy type that won't have the pink, cutesy design, just to see the amount of different directions they could go with the Fairy type.
I can still easily see Xern as Fairy type.
The move Xerneas uses looks like it could be Ice Beam, but at the same time it could be a new move.
(can you please give me insight as to how Xern looks like a Steel type? I'm not seeing it at all)
I'm thinking Dark/Flying for Yveltal as well.

tumblr_mmsxgxEsKi1run8olo1_500.jpg

Noivern looks very cool. I originally thought the Noi in its name came from Noir, a french word for darkness. Noise, however, makes quite a bit more sense considering its signature move and boombox ears! XD I love it. Having it be a Swoobat evolution would be cool, but sadly I don't see it happening. :/ Regardless though Noivern will have a spot on my team!

Vivillion is really pretty and I enjoy the color scheme. It probably won't make a slot on my team because I'm pretty particular about which bug types I include on my roster. Nonetheless it's at least pretty to look at.

^
I originally thought the Noi in its name came from Noir, a french word for darkness
Me too... Then I remebered the word 'noise' and was like "oh, right..."

----------------
Finally, the new type is confirmed... Now the tiresome speculation is over... I admit, I don't like that the fairies are gonna obliterate my beloved dragons but I still welcome the new type... It's a nice addition... I like that Gardevoir is now part-Fairy, puts it on pair with Gallade and I have a Gardevoir on my old Emerald team, now I'll have something new to play with...

Marill is weird though as a fairy...

What I also don't like, like I said on another thread, is that they're making old normal-types like jigglypuff Normal/Fairy instead of just making them pure-Fairy... Seems like, they're only adding the type to older pokémon with no secondary type so they don't remove the original type but that shouldn't matter. This makes it look like Togepic and Togekiss will stay Normal/Flying just because they don't want to remove one of the type for good...

The two new pokémon look good. Sure, Vivillon is just another butterfly with the old dreaded Bug/Flying combo but it has a nice design and looks cute (plus the typing makes sense anyway)...
As for Noivern, I think it is freakin' awesome! I though it was a bat (kinda similar to Swoobat indeed because of the ears and hair around the neck), but then I saw its typing and official art and got a better look at it... It's a cool dragon. It's either a non-evolving pokémon or an evolved pokémon, for sure...
I guess they decided to break all the previous "rules" or guidelines and do everything different this time when it comes to types... First, Helioptile which is Electric/Normal and now Noivern is Flying/Dragon, which is not new as a combo but Flying being the first type is an unexpected twist... Kinda makes sense since it's an airbone pokémon, it probably focus more on flying moves than dragon moves. Or they simply decided to change things 'just cause' but wtv...

jtauro92 said:
Jay said:
I really hope that the upcoming information sources do more that just recycle what was revealed today. It would be very disappointing if CoroCoro and Smash do nothing but reveal Fairy Type / The two new pokes.

I will be really disappointed too, but I have a feeling that's all we're gonna get.

there's gonna be a game freak event thing at E3 later on today, so they might bring even more news

iynereh said:
Wow!!! I can't believe they really introduced a new type!!!
Hmmm... I don't see how marill is fairy-ish!!!
Anyway is the male character named Xavier?
june_p14_04.jpg

Oh and when they showed the lumiose tower in the trailer, there seem to be a gym logo on it!
Vivillon looks so adorable, I hope it will have good stats but I know it's probably gonna be one of those early bug types that sucks!

I noticed the gym logo on the Lumiose tower too.

Back