(1) Supposed English Names of 'CoroCoro' Pokemon [5/13]

This seems legit, pretty cool names

Except for Gogoat. I gotta feel sorry for it.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
WPM, if the info is correct, will you release all info he gave you?
In thinking about it, probably not. I don't think TPCi would appreciate spoiling stuff this far ahead, but we'll see. IF THEY TAKE ANOTHER TEN MONTHS TO REVEAL INFO THEN PROBABLY YEAH.

Maybe you could put it in a spoiler so some people don't have to see. Anyways we will roll with your desicion, but the lack of info was kinda dumb.

Yoyoman said:
I think the lizard should be called solizard (solar + lizard) and the goat should have a pre evo called goabile(goat + mobile)

It is Solar + Lizard. It's Helios + Reptile (which is practically the same).

Gogoat: I like it. Was hoping they would keep the JP name (although I get what some people are saying about it being gimmicky)

Panchum: Like it, and it seems fitting and pretty cute if you ask me. Good combination of what it is and its type.

Fletchling: Really like it, runs together nicely and there are three possible meanings to it that all can seem fitting.

Helioptile: This one is a little more unique for such a simplistic little guy, but giving its origins it works and makes it interesting. Cant wait to see what this guy evolves into.

Yoyoman said:
I think the lizard should be called solizard (solar + lizard) and the goat should have a pre evo called goabile(goat + mobile)

Solizard is a bit easier than Helioptile, but Goabile has... well... bile. Not that "Gogoat" is any less ridiculous, though.

Gogoat = best name

Fletchling gets props for depth, and Helioptile is intriguing

Panchum is ok, nothing exciting.

evilpacman said:
What about Go-gurt?
Hey, they had ice cream Pokemon last go around, it's time for yogurt to step into the spotlight. YAY FOR YOGURT POKEMON!!

You know, I was thinking... what if Helioptile doesn't evolve at all? I don't know why, I just... I kinda get this Dunsparce-esque kind of vibe from it. It's just a gut feeling more than anything else.

They seem pretty legit to me.

I feel like Panchum's evolution(if there is any) would be called Panchamp, or something along those lines.

Also, Helioptile almost makes me think it could have something to do with helicopters or something. It's ears definitely look like they could be rotor blades. That being said, the word helios does often have to do with energy or sun-power, so we'll see

Teal said:
Alix Rooker said:
Hey, they had ice cream Pokemon last go around, it's time for yogurt to step into the spotlight. YAY FOR YOGURT POKEMON!!
Yoghurt
Either this is a possible name for the Pokemon, or you're correcting my spelling of the word.
Which can be spelled w/ or w/o the "H".

Also, dammit. I checked all over deviantart to see if someone made a Yogurt fakemon. :(
Nope.

Expecting the English names Saturday to go along with the new trailer that will likely debut on Pokemon Smash and show off in video all the new info Coro Coro gave us.

Really hoping this is all true cause I love the names Panchum and Gogoat so much.

the trailer doesnt have to be on Pokemon smash..they could just launch it on the main Pokemon site so it can be fair that japan gets it on corocoro and the rest of the world get it on the site :D

Missingno. Master said:
You know, I was thinking... what if Helioptile doesn't evolve at all? I don't know why, I just... I kinda get this Dunsparce-esque kind of vibe from it. It's just a gut feeling more than anything else.

For me is going to evolve into a velociraptor with a crest around the head like this monster (is only an example):
245apad.jpg

Great Jaggi from Monster Hunter​
But with a sort of "parabola" that replace the crest. If you think, helioptile have the name that sound like a dino and it's electric. Plus, it's "addicted" to solar's ray like the Helianthus annuus (most commonly know as the "Sunflower") and the Dex says he use them, as well. So a parabola to gain power that represent a crest around his head it's fitting good for me. I may not like the form, because i hate this kind of body shape and the dino itself, but could work. It's only a mere speculation :p

So the name for me the "ptile" part is a clear reference to the "reptile" word, as a reference to some dinosaurs, as well.
Also i was thinking about the fact that the name is composed by: helio-ptile. What if the helio part become something more next to the "sun" word?

Back