(1) States To Be Held Over Three Weekends [10/31]

This is awesome. I'm always up to going to more tournaments, not sure if my dad feels the same way about it but who cares what he thinks. xP I shouldn't get too excited about this when Regionals aren't even here yet lol.

Eh, it's going to be hard for me to make three. Even two was hard. I like the idea of more tournaments, but I wish they could be more local (I get that if this happened they wouldn't be as competitive.) But this is a good move for making higher-level tournaments more competitive, and I guess it helps support the growth of the game in some ways.

Very exciting news for top players that can make it to just about any tournament. For people like me and some others it is hard to arrange schedules so we can get to one. Also my parents aren't too up for going far for tournaments. Anyway to convince them? An hour seems out of reach :/

Unless something major happens, I'll be the head judge for my States. It is hard for me to make more than one just because of work. I have to request the night off from work/ I only can request so much time off. I end up taking 3 or 4 days off for Regionals and a week for Nats since I normally staff at them.

Isn't this old news?
I was made aware of this about 2 months ago. I thought everyone knew by now??

Tylertyphlosion said:
Isn't this old news?
I was made aware of this about 2 months ago. I thought everyone knew by now??
Nope... Maybe you're thinking of Regionals?

I heard that it was a rumor before, but this is the first time I'm hearing about it officially being confirmed.

Welp. It's hard enough for me to go to one States lol. More events the better though.

dmaster out.

This is pretty cool, and I hope they do this every year from now on. However, I probably won't make any of them because I am having trouble getting my parents to let me go to the NV sneak peak :(. Good luck to whoever ends up going.

Celebi23 said:
Nope... Maybe you're thinking of Regionals?

No. Clay Mitchell informed me at a tournament. He made it seem like it was common knowledge. I also posted this on HeyTrainer a few weeks back.

Gliscor said:
Two One is hard enough, especially if you have unsupportive parents >.>

Yeah, my highest level tournament so far was a city championships -_-

I might make 1 this year, if even that. Exciting news either way.

WOW. It's Already hard enough trying to get my mom to take me to Autumn Regionals. (Still Didn't :headbang) Wonder how this is gonna go. 0_0 Just a question- are we allowed to attend both TCG and VG Champs.?

PTOs were not supposed to release this until this last weekend. This allows for more percent of error in the points system, and it supports the better player. The more events you have, the more better players are going to rise to the top.

^The more events you have, the more people who can go to all the events and are also pretty good will rise to the top. It's about finding the balance between not enough events and too many events. It's good they're testing the water with having more events though.

Mudkip4321 said:
WOW. It's Already hard enough trying to get my mom to take me to Autumn Regionals. (Still Didn't :headbang) Wonder how this is gonna go. 0_0 Just a question- are we allowed to attend both TCG and VG Champs.?
At Regionals you are. Just be aware that if you make top cut for TCG, you'll have to decide between that and the VG. Not sure about states though, you'll have to wait for more info on that.

Awesome! A friend is going to take me across the state for this. It'll be the first States I go all out. 2010 with my Eevee deck while letting Shuppet sit was a bad idea. It was all in good fun though. When I get to make it to Seattle once a year I want fun. I miss that place :(

Celebi23 said:
^The more events you have, the more people who can go to all the events and are also pretty good will rise to the top. It's about finding the balance between not enough events and too many events. It's good they're testing the water with having more events though.

At Regionals you are. Just be aware that if you make top cut for TCG, you'll have to decide between that and the VG. Not sure about states though, you'll have to wait for more info on that.

Okay, Thanks. I'm probably gonna try the TCG, but doubt I'll make top cut:p

Back