(1) Shaymin Sky Forme Footage from 11th Movie [6/15]

I kind of feel this "form" stuff will be used many more times in the future and might be the ways for Japan to make new forms out of old Pokemon.

Prime said:
I kind of feel this "form" stuff will be used many more times in the future and might be the ways for Japan to make new forms out of old Pokemon.
Yea, I think they're doing it because they can't evolve legendaries. (The Manaphy thing might be considered an exception.) I just think they wanted them to "evolve" without really evolving. If that makes sense.

great banner. mesprit looks nice and the light coming from the top of the water is a nice effect.

shaymin looks cute. the movie looks like it's ganna be great.

Yea, I think they're doing it because they can't evolve legendaries. (The Manaphy thing might be considered an exception.) I just think they wanted them to "evolve" without really evolving. If that makes sense.

uh, maybe...if nintendo thinks that it's cool to have it like that, then they are mistaken.
i think they are doing the form thing to just keep every fresh. yeah, a few pokemon have forms and such but i think they are doing it so it will keep people interested in the movies (considering they revolve around legendary pokemon).

InuMimi said:

uh, maybe...if nintendo thinks that it's cool to have it like that, then they are mistaken.
I think they are doing the form thing to just keep every fresh. yeah, a few pokemon have forms and such but I think they are doing it so it will keep people interested in the movies (considering they revolve around legendary pokemon).

...what's with this common misconception that Nintendo makes the pokemon games? all nintendo does is provide the systems to play them on...

Señor Noobnerd said:
Mmm, the quality is so much better than what we saw in the first season. Or that might be because I haven't watched the anime since... Since before Battle Frontier? I never liked Shaymin, and this "zomg sky form" is even more pathetic.

That's because the teams that animate the movie and the teams that animate the general show are different. That and they have a lot more time to pull off much higher quality animation and digital cells for the movies than animating a season of episodes.

I quite like the Sky Forme :) Great to see it in action. I can't wait for my plush of it to arrive in the post :D

Prime said:
Shows that the Nintendo has no creativity.

Well, people still get mad over anything new with "lagaendairiez".

Señor Noobnerd said:
Prime said:

and again that common misconception, has anyone here even heard of Game Freak?

and, the quality of that video is still about the same as the show has now...

No it's not. The quality of the cels are much better. You can especially see it with Dawn's eyes and the backgrounds.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Prime said:

I agree. IMO, they should work on making more Pokemon, not making more formes.

It sounds like Shaymen is truly out now. I will watch the video tomorrow if I have time. It sounds pretty sweet though.:)

burnpsy, don't try to act smart like that.

Nintendo owns most of Game Freak's market shares, and therefor pretty much owns it. 2nd party designers can be referred to by the name of the company, as they in fact design the games for that company and that company alone. It is true that the originality has to come from Game Freak itself, but since they work for Nintendo, I don't see the need to make a big deal out of this. And nobody likes a wise-guy who points out every single mistake in every single post just because they happened to read something on wiki, calm down, geez.
Going off-topic is also to be considered spam, by the way, so maybe try to say something about topic instead next time.

Dont mean to be rude or anything, but I dont like the banner. I like the artwork and everything but I think it would be more suited to something like PokeOcean, and I don't want this site to turn to that or 'Emuritto.net' Or to have mesprit as a mascot, because its not even water type!

But props to Cascade Gonpory and whoever put the banner together (thinking it is either cacade gonpory or WaterPokemonMaster

but anyway, i think it is way tooo small ( Shaymin not the banner) and like... it just looks funny, I thought of it as the size of a reindeer but it looks more like a shrunken cat where half the legs have been cut off. My brother still thinks that this sky form is an elaborate hoax.

Blazing Pokémon Master said:
Shaymin Sky Forme is um...tiny. I've seen rats bigger that. And you call that uber?
I thought because we didn't know stats and movepool for Shaymin Sky Forme, we can't determine it's tire. At least that's what I thought.

Well at first i didnt like the new sky form, but now that i see how small it actually is, it makes it...somewhat more believable and i like it!

I just saw the video. Shy Shaymen looks pretty cool. What attack was it using? It looked like Energy Ball to me.:)

Lassie would have been awesome if it could dash about levitating in the air and shoot blasts of energy out of its mouth. Then Billy wouldn't need to fear anyone--not even the military. That gives me an idea: Let's make a remake of Lassie, except that she has those powers. And we could put it on FOX or something.

I love how Shaymin's Sky Form is so tiny. (Why is it spelled "forme"? I've never heard of that word in any context outside of Pokémon.) Diminutive Pokémon are always a lot of fun to use.

Also, it looks like Shaymin's Sky Form is going to be incredibly easy to anthropomorphize. Its design is pretty much asking for it.

Back