(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

RE: (1) PokeBeach's Live Discussion and Coverage of Pokemon Direct! [1/8]

Akamu54, alexjuuhh, ArcherSci, arfderp, ArticunoDude, Avegaille, bacon, beaulier, Bisharp37, BlueEmboar'n'Bisharp, Blue_Horizon, Bolt the Cat, Bubba235, Crawdaunt King, D.N.A, don()shinobi, Dracidius, Fennex, Furaigon, Furn, Hegafire0, howelllawson, Ice Arceus, ilucado, Jay, jynxed, kthuror, Latios101, LostSalamence, Luwis, meliakh, miniman, Muddy68, Mudkip711, Naomichi, oakbark, pan_chibura, Phantom, Phoenix EX, Porygon-X, puddizzle, R@neni, RattataJoey, redchesus, Salamencetrainer34, scuba steveE, Shiny Collector, signofzeta, Technoxtic, TerminusTypeR, The Pikachu Mafia, TheAmazingDerpfish, Trainer of Shadows, wakeruncollapse, warlock013171, Zielo, 3 Invisible User(s), 582 Guest(s)

o_O

Jay said:
Pokemon X and Y. On 3DS. It sounds to me that they are referring to planes, with Z as the third game. X and Y referring to chromosomes would be unlikely, since one would be for boys, the other, for girls.

That sort of makes sense since X's mascot remained on the ground (the X axis) and Y's could fly (the Y axis).

As for starter types, I'm thinking Chespin will be Grass/Fighting and Froakie will be Water/Ground. Not sure about Fennekin, it might stay pure Fire.

Furn said:
I wonder how the worldwide launch will affect the TCG. The November set will obviously be XY, so they're got PG, TK/SF, SG and MC to release in English before then.

The anime dub has its work cut out also.
Lets watch them make a humongous set from the last two.This is gonna mess up the TCG-we usually dont have times when our sets coincide.

Actually when I took a look at the trailer I saw that the starters were using attacks that were super effective on the other pokemons! so I guess that the Grass starter will be Grass/Dark (or Ghost, although it doesn't look very ghostly..) because he uses an attack on Golurk! the Fire starer will be Fire/Dark because it attacks a Krilia! and the Water starter will be a Water/Fighting type because he uses an attack on a Patrat!

P.S.: If i'm wrong I also bet:
-Grass/Dark
-Fire/Psychic
-Water/Fight
The dual type triad!

I was literally tearing up as I saw the timeline of games from all the memories I have along with the nostalgia. I have no complain what so ever about these games or about the New Pokémon I love it all. I just want to scream and shout with happiness :)

puddizzle said:
Go to 0:56 on the trailer. Is it just me, or do I hear a not very effective soundclip when that attack hits Patrat?

But Patrat's a normal type...

anyway back to sleep zzz

Don't tell me normal types are going to have resistance to flying.

Note: More than 900 users online, almost all are seeing this thread.

Im loving the new Pokemon! I can already tell the poor water type frog Pokemon is getting a lot of hate like Oshawott did at first, but don't worry i'll make sure to love him as much as the other starters. As for the new legendary's they look sweet!

Flygon2071 said:
Light-type pokemon comes out. Legendaries Flying/Dark and Light/Grass.

No one has mentioned this.

They broke the record that DNA had of most people on a thread.

That would be really cool, but I can't see Pokemon using Light as a type. Dark was only made to counter Psychic, in the first place

Re: (1) PokeBeach's Live Discussion and Coverage of Pokemon Direct! [1/8]

Wooohoooo pokemon x and y getting both on download if they do that.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 to planet earth.

The fire and water starters are cool!! What's the green thing whit that horrible grass hat? I predict the second type will finally be psychic/dark/fighting, and pretending the fox to be psychic that makes the frog fighting and the squirrel.. dark (seriously? -.- maybe not).. At least it seems that after 6 gens we'll finally have a fast water starter, they are all fast animals actually..

X shaped land beast (legs and antlers form an X), and Y shaped air beast (Wings and body form a Y)

the X legendary eyes looks stunning *,*

I'm curious how battling simulators will handle this since the game lacks sprites. :f

So... starter name meanings?

Chespin = chestnut and pine?
Fennekin = fennec and kindle?
Froakie = Croak and... i dunno, freaky?

Imagine the new region is based on Paris and its surrounding areas. Look at the image - Paris is at A, and if you incorporate England you get a nice area to traverse!

f4n1X.jpg

People... it's clearly related to DNA. Look at the Japanese trailer and logo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MYbmIxzer8

What do you think that glowing multicolored thing is?

Looking at the trailer again, I think Fennekin might end up Fire/Psychic actually.

oakbark said:

Imagine the new region is based on Paris and its surrounding areas. Look at the image - Paris is at A, and if you incorporate England you get a nice area to traverse!

f4n1X.jpg

Frog and croak?

TDL said:
I'm curious how battling simulators will handle this since the game lacks sprites. :f

hmm i am sure someone gonna drew them or game freak might still do sprite art

ArticunoDude said:
oakbark said:

f4n1X.jpg

Frog and croak?

Froggie + croak

Back