(1) Pokemon to Stream Worlds Top Cut Matches [8/6]

And the Worlds 2013 website is up, not a moment too soon.

Worlds 2013 Pikachu is wearing a Native American ceremonial headdress. Heck, the whole theme is Native American.
I feel like this is offensive on a multitude of levels.

DNA said:

Worlds 2013 Pikachu is wearing a Native American ceremonial headdress. Heck, the whole theme is Native American.

It's been up for a week.

And the native american theme is nothing to be offended by. Hell it's incorporated everywhere in the city, even by the Vancouver Canucks. Totem poles are perfect considering the original Pacific Northwest First Nation's people.

I hope they get someone competent for commentary this year. We don't need someone calling Dowsing Machine "Trash Claw" lol.

DNA said:

...why would that be offensive? That's like saying the Mariachi Guys in World 2 of 'Paper Mario: Sticker Star' are offensive because they're wearing sombreros and playing accordions, guitars, and maracas. They don't do anything else--they're just wearing sombreros and playing accordions, guitars, and maracas.

Cobalt said:
I hope they get someone competent for commentary this year. We don't need someone calling Dowsing Machine "Trash Claw" lol.

Nevermind, they got Josue Rosano (Crimz from TheTopCut) to commentate on the stream. Thank GOD.

Glace said:
It's been up for a week.

And the native american theme is nothing to be offended by. Hell it's incorporated everywhere in the city, even by the Vancouver Canucks. Totem poles are perfect considering the original Pacific Northwest First Nation's people.
Never mind then, I didn't know this.
Guess who has two thumbs and has never been to Vancouver BC before.

Jeez, I just noticed that too, Momaster12. Kinda sucks living in the Eastern Time Zone. You'd think they would schedule these things earlier in the day?

And I wouldn't be surprised if after cut ends at 3, we have to be back at 8 for more cut.

I basically watch to steal their deck strategy, its not like this game rewards being original and creative.

I assume Vancouver is like Washington where I live except less Grill/bars and hipsters. I fully expect hoodies and sandals in the rain.

Cobalt Phoenix said:

Didn't JWittz say something in a Nats update video about being given the opportunity to commentate?

capt.penguin said:
Cobalt Phoenix said:

But i want to play professor N.

I think we all want to do that, but I don't think we need even more fits of laughter brought about by ignorant MTG players, like we did last year.

...ahahahahaha I can't say that with a straight face. Yes, we totally need that again; I could always use a good laugh.

What they should do in terms of commentators is get people who have cut but lost the most recent round (would be tough for top 16/32 though) as well as getting people who've commentated stuff before (like Pooka and that other guy who's confirmed for commentary)

I might be able to upload the TCG but it get REALLY laggy towards the end and takes FOREVER to export and edit and all that jazz.

That would be great, I was forced to retire to bed before I could see this guy I know get his butt kicked by some asian dude.

Back