(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Reveals Mr. Brocolli: Yanappu! [8/21]

Tobi_Akatsuki said:
I wish the people at gamefreak actually let the fans in on the design process, anyone of us could make Pokemon at least 100x better than the crud that they've been dishing out lately...

Are.You.Serious??? Why don't we give monkeys a pencil and let them do the work.

Gamefreak.doesn't.care.about.it's.fans

The could create a banana and call it butters, you'll still buy the games.

i could and have been coming up with more pokemon then the new designers. atleast i stand a chance at getting the job someday. also a lot of people hate its unoriginallity while others think its to original. thats weird and haters: dont hate the monster hate the maker.

frostwind said:
atleast i stand a chance at getting the job someday

Excuse me, is that an insult? I have a job fyi

If you hate the designs then why do you play Pokemon in the first place?

Ahh, finally this guy is confirmed for REAL. No more rumor/fake pictures. That being said, I don't really like him that much. But that's just because I don't like Broccoli in general. XD Unless it's smothered in cheese. :3 He has an interesting attack for Triple Battles as well, which is handy.

dmaster out.

I'm a little confused by acrobat what type is it? And I hate this thing not because of the broccoli part because i like broccoli but i hate monkeys with a burning passion.

Acrobat will be awesome for triple battles. Also my brother would love just about any kind of monkey pokemon! So it's a win-win for the both of us:):):):):)

Kevin Garrett said:
Haters be hating.

Thank you.
This is getting ridiculous.
I, for one, like it ^_^

I hope some of you know that some of the current designs very well may have been ideas from LONG ago. GameFreak isn't running out of creativity. For all we know, Yanappu could have been created/thought up within the time of the second generation.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2627/1d8b5b4143559dce592eb19.png
^This is to all those haters

I don't find this pokemon that bad, although it's prolly gonna be useless, competitive wise [Unless it has some sick evo]

I really hope it has some sort of Cheese smother Move. That would be excellent :) But even without it, I think it's pretty cool and hopefully it has a strong evolution aswell.

Kevin Garrett said:
Chimchar is definitely better than Yanappu, but it is still one of the nicer Pokemon this generation.
You just like it because it's a monkey >_>

What I find funny when someone comes in to hate on a new pokemon, say the design sucks, and that they can do better, there's around 50 people that disagree with them. When 50 people like the design, and 1 person hates it, there's nothing wrong with the design. There's just something wrong with the person who hates it.

Also I like it, I don't know if I use it, but I won't cringe when I see it.

I think the idea of it having some kind of cheese based attack would be horrific. the mechanics of it just...blow my mind. It would have to sort of, make it's own body cheese - BODY CHEEEEESE D: Would it have a special cheese-cloaca or something?

XD

It's cute, though. I like it's ridiculous oven-mitt hands.

And to all the people boldly claiming they could design better pokemon [I bet you couldn't, Lower your tumpets, dudes] People would still hate your precious designs as much as you claim to hate broccoli-mon. As far as I can see, the pokemon thus far tick a lot of boxes as far as pleasing whatever target audience GF has.

Saying it's dumb because it's broccoli is person when you think about the fact that last year [or maybe the year before] Japan went crazy over bananas and a slew of merchandising ensued [because of a fad diet]. Bananas. They really REALLY dug bananas for a while, haha. It doesn't seem that weird to me then, that they anthropomorphize a vegetable [although the concept is...odd, I certainly wouldn't have thought of it] they've already done it with a number if weird seemingly illogical things. iloveegg.com, anyone?

To summarize, allow broccoli mon. He's an ok guy. Plus he's packed full of Iron and vitamins - he's pretty much the ultimate life form.

Wow that Pokemon looks really weird XD Looks like the Grass version of Chimchar in a way but will probably have moves like Sunny Day/Solarbeam.:)

Hey if Yanappu is owned by a best wishes character most defiantly dento then if Kibago and Yanappu were together with the toys and Kibago is with iris does that mean because Tsutaja was with the toys does ash own tsutaja or are they all representing as iris's Pokemon.

ElectroKing23 said:
It looks okayyy. it reminds me of aipom and chimchar. hopefully this monkey evolves into summthing cool too :) and anybody notice ash captures all the monkey based pokemon??? ;)

Primeape,No monkey in 2nd gen,Aipom,and chimchar.Shame he gave up aimbipom to Dawn who gave it to another person.

I'm sorry but this has to be the stupidest looking 5th gen pokemon. I don't like how the face is and the overall design.

You know what, i sorta prefer its fake artwork that popped up weeks ago. Its more chubbier. This one is a little skinny, if you ask me. Anyhoo, im still glad that Broccolian was actually a real Pokemon.

Back