(1) 'Pokemon Smash' Reveals New X/Y Pokemon!

To everyone saying it must be a new forme (even though the official site says it RESEMBLES Mewtwo; not that it IS Mewtwo):
Spr_4d_490.png
Spr_5b_489.png

These two are separate but related. It's not impossible for it to be new.

Corocoro will just reveal the same thing we just saw today (and hopefully say that it is a new form of mewtwo).

Actually, I am not disappointed at all. Yes, I may like the original form more, but It's still Mewtwo! It doesn't matter what's on the outside, it's what is on the inside!

Well, I'm now a lot happier that it seems to not be a new form, but a different Pokemon, related to Mewtwo. :) I like that idea a lot better.

BassoonBro said:
Mik said:
Because nobody expected a Gen I legendary like Mewtwo to get a new forme.

Nobody expected it because many people wouldn't like it.
No, nobody expected it because it's not like Game Freak to give old Pokémon new formes unless they're making remakes with them in (ie: Unown for FR/LG and Pichu for HG/SS). And even then, they never gave new formes to any Gen I Pokémon, or any old legendaries.

Wow so it's finally been confirmed. This looks cool. He looks like Majin Buu mixed with SSJ3 or something.

This seems more alien-like than the original. INB4 some people's nostalgia glasses explode, it looks cool IMO. Clever design, It looks more powerful as heck. I like how he hover/floats in the air gives him an "I'm powerful, bow down to me!" aura like.

What I'm not sure is if this is really mewtwo's new form , how will theyl make it stand up to the original's perfect stats? I hope there won't be a disappointment.

I just looked back at the Genesect movie trailer and after the shiny genesect shoots at the gang, and mewtwo saves them it pans to mewtwo and he starts to glow blue. So far I can't think of any moves that would make mewtwo glow blue. Do you think this could be the "transformation" to the new form, caused by the danger they are in, because he sense that the gang and him are in serious danger, considering the fact that they are up against four normal genesect, and one shiny extremespeed capable genesect.

On another note, as someone said earlier I really like how when the new pokemon goes to use an attack he waves his hand as if he is casting a spell, I hope this happens with all pokemon, i.e. if charizard goes to use flamethrower, he actually looks like he is summoning the fire within and opening his mouth to blast it out of his mouth or something along the lines of that.

Hard to say if CoroCoro will have anything new. On the one hand, Smash and TPCi both gave the same exact vague information, which seems to be the company line at this point. On the other hand, though, all this info is game-related - if CoroCoro has more information about the movie, we could very well find out something new that way.

Shiny Collector said:
I just looked back at the Genesect movie trailer and after the shiny genesect shoots at the gang, and mewtwo saves them it pans to mewtwo and he starts to glow blue. So far I can't think of any moves that would make mewtwo glow blue. Do you think this could be the "transformation" to the new form, caused by the danger they are in, because he sense that the gang and him are in serious danger, considering the fact that they are up against four normal genesect, and one shiny extremespeed capable genesect.

I think there might be something to that - this new Mewtwo thingy looks a lot more aerodynamic, and the new head shape resembles the fins and spoilers that high-speed vehicles use. If it is a new Forme, it'll probably be one with a speed-focused stat shift rather than a stat boost, as I know some people were already guessing.

Guys he has three fingers
GEN 3 REMAKES CONFIRMED

On a more serious note, Im not sure if this will just be a new Mewtwo form, or a new Pokemon altogether. Or, it would be interesting to see Game Freak go against the whole Legendaries don't evolve thing and have it be a evolution for Mewtwo. As the design goes, it's kinda weird, but I'll probably get used to it.

Shiny Collector said:
On another note, as someone said earlier I really like how when the new pokemon goes to use an attack he waves his hand as if he is casting a spell, I hope this happens with all pokemon, i.e. if charizard goes to use flamethrower, he actually looks like he is summoning the fire within and opening his mouth to blast it out of his mouth or something along the lines of that.
That would be pretty lame if you ask me. Dragons are supposed to breathe fire, not cast spells...

Shiny Collector said:
I just looked back at the Genesect movie trailer and after the shiny genesect shoots at the gang, and mewtwo saves them it pans to mewtwo and he starts to glow blue. So far I can't think of any moves that would make mewtwo glow blue. Do you think this could be the "transformation" to the new form.

That is what I say. The movie is what makes it so that it is a Mewtwo form. Mewthree appears in the poster in which Mewtwo is the star. Mewtwo appears about to "transform" or something when Ash is attacked by Genesect.

I believe it will have high SpD, Def and Speed.

Mik said:
BassoonBro said:
Nobody expected it because many people wouldn't like it.
No, nobody expected it because it's not like Game Freak to give old Pokémon new formes unless they're making remakes with them in (ie: Unown for FR/LG and Pichu for HG/SS).

Good point, but also, many feel Mewtwo to be too sacred, to mess with.

I like its design and I really look forward to learning more about it, but I would have liked to see an actual new Pokemon revealed. Looks like I'm going to have to wait for a few weeks or months.

Mik said:
Shiny Collector said:
That would be pretty lame if you ask me. Dragons are supposed to breathe fire, not cast spells...

No I mean like you see his stomach puff up and it looks the fire is building up in him, and then he opens his mouth and blasts in the poor bulbasaur's face. Not like he is casting a spell.

Mik said:
Shiny Collector said:

Did you even read what you highlighted?

Now that I've seen the Sugimori Art, I actually dislike this Mewtwo thing even more. Why make something that looked so mature and powerful look like an angry alien child.

All I will say is this: if you wanted Mewthree, you got a Mewthree! Now shut the hell up!

I kinda like this design better than mewtwo...

/Me runs

But seriously, I kinda do.... I mean it looks more like mew than mewtwo does. And who doesn't want a headtail?

Mik said:
If this is Mewthree, then Game Freak has officially ran out of ideas.

Gamefreak did something no one expected. Fans have wanted something like it for years. How exactly is that running out of ideas?

Back