(1) Pokemon ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Website Updates with English Localizations, Game Screenshots [5/14]

Why would they give it the normal type then, just to change it to dragon type? Swablu is not the same situation, because it's a bird to begin with, not a dragon.

D.N.A said:
Why would they give it the normal type then, just to change it to dragon type? Swablu is not the same situation, because it's a bird to begin with, not a dragon.

Maybe it will have a split evolution? Or maybe it just needed another type for some reason. Maybe the'll do some other adjustments to the type chart that would make pure Electric too OP for early game. I haven't a clue.

Keeper of Night said:
D.N.A said:

Maybe it will have a split evolution? Or maybe it just needed another type for some reason. Maybe the'll do some other adjustments to the type chart that would make pure Electric too OP for early game. I haven't a clue.

well the point is, there is probably some reason for the normal type...getting rid of it would get rid of whatever gimmick its there for.

Generation VI. The gimmick generation.
I saw this video where Pikachu was stoned, and sat on a chair, and it was all like "hey, hey I'm a Pokemon. 6th generation."
And I was all like "please, don't say such blasphemy. We already have trash bags."

It makes sense Fairy being the second gym since the second gym is probably in Lumiose City (cause it's right before route 5) as Lumiose's name origin has something to do with "light"

I'm confused, so far it sounds like the main city will be so big that you need a Gogoat to travel. I'm scared I'm going to get lost in the city, but happy it could be that a grand!

Mitja said:
I have no idea what you two are responding to or why.
I am responding to the fact that this generation, while I very much so like it so far, seems very gimmicky.

Alix Rooker said:
Mitja said:
I am responding to the fact that this generation, while I very much so like it so far, seems very gimmicky.

Other than Gogoat, what else is "gimmicky" to you?

I really like how well the Pokemon look on the Touchscreen when shown next to their moveset. They look quite nice, even on the lower resolution screen.

Alix Rooker said:
Mitja said:

Of course there are gimmick Pokemon in all Gens. We only know some Pokemon like to say it is already gimmicky. I suppose that what you mean gimmicky is Gogoat, Inkay to Malimar evolution (even though it wasn't reveal for when you posted), Sylveon (eeveelution) and maybe the way to evolve Pangoro.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Alix Rooker said:

Of course there are gimmick Pokemon in all Gens. We only know some Pokemon like to say it is already gimmicky. I suppose that what you mean gimmicky is Gogoat, Inkay to Malimar evolution (even though it wasn't reveal for when you posted), Sylveon (eeveelution) and maybe the way to evolve Pangoro.

I fail to see how everything other than Gogoat could be considered a gimmick. Sylveon is just another eeveelution showcasing the rumored "fairy" type, no more a gimmick than Espeon and Umbreon (which introduced evolutions based on friendship + time of day).

While at the subject, we don't know what Inkay and Malimar look like, although fairly obvious based on the name, but that would be like calling Tauros a gimmick pokemon because of its name.

idk, hardly a gimmick gen thus far (still too early to tell), but we won't know until all of the Pokemon are revealed.

Godot said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

I fail to see how everything other than Gogoat could be considered a gimmick. Sylveon is just another eeveelution showcasing the rumored "fairy" type, no more a gimmick than Espeon and Umbreon (which introduced evolutions based on friendship + time of day).

While at the subject, we don't know what Inkay and Malimar look like, although fairly obvious based on the name, but that would be like calling Tauros a gimmick pokemon because of its name.

idk, hardly a gimmick gen thus far (still too early to tell), but we won't know until all of the Pokemon are revealed.

Eeveelutions are gimmicky. I meant the way of evolving Inkay into Mailimar (putting it up side down) not Inkay and Malimar (the Pokemon).

Finally got to edit the screenshots I took from the trailer... ( F*ng busy with school work all the time)

Well here's what I discovered in the trailer that (hopefully) isn't mentioned yet.

First of all this: Notice the billboard in the background? Maybe the featured person is the gym leader. Elesa (gen5) was a photomodel, so why not...

PkG61_zpsd394ee45.png

Next is this one ( now I know this silhouette has meanwhile been revealed already, but the resemblance is still quite remarkable.)

PkG62_zps4ceeb7cf.png

Back