(1) Pokemon’s Twitter Asks About Eevee’s Evolutions… Possible Hint? [1/6]

If it is an eeveelution, I hope that the design is nice. Because I can't really see a Dragon-type eeveelution, hehe

I'm hoping for a pure flying type eeveelution. I guess Tornadus being introduced as the very first pure type wasn't in vain

Steel and ghost would be awesome too!

I'm happy with any Eeveelution. I doubt any will top Umbreon as my personal favorite, but I do like seeing new ones. For a new generation, I just hope they give poor Pinsir, Farfetch'd, and Delibird evos. :/

Hoping for a ghost-type or dragon-type eeveelution.

Flygon2071 said:
Unless the Bow-tie represents the new eeveelution.

However, the last letter has stars on it, leading me to believe that it's supposed to be special.

Shining Raikou said:
Hoping for a ghost-type or dragon-type eeveelution.

Flygon2071 said:
Unless the Bow-tie represents the new eeveelution.

However, the last letter has stars on it, leading me to believe that it's supposed to be special.

Maybe the new eeveelution will have stars...in its ears?
Just throwing out ideas haha.

I'm thinking if it is a new Eevee evolution maybe it be a new type, this could be the 'big news' they were talking about. We haven't had a new type since Gold& Sliver in 1999.

RangerX said:
I'm thinking if it is a new Eevee evolution maybe it be a new type, this could be the 'big news' they were talking about. We haven't had a new type since Gold& Sliver in 1999.

There's honestly no need for any more types. Heck we don't even have every type combination yet. Dark and Steel were brought in because in Gen 1 Psychic was overpowered and they wanted something to counterbalance Psychic which Dark achieved.

RangerX said:

I thought of that too. Big news might be a new type but I don't feel like a new type is needed (unless you take away Spiritomb's and Sableye having no super effective hits on them).

SoulSilver said:
RangerX said:

There's honestly no need for any more types. Heck we don't even have every type combination yet. Dark and Steel were brought in because in Gen 1 Psychic was overpowered and they wanted something to counterbalance Psychic which Dark achieved.

Pfff I would love to see a new type, throw something new into the mix ! Pokémon needs to evolve a bit :p

RangerX said:
SoulSilver said:

Pfff I would love to see a new type, throw something new into the mix ! Pokémon needs to evolve a bit :p

I've nothing against new types, but I just don't see them doing it without reason.

In my opinion, types are pretty well covered. Unless they introduced the Light-type. Which I wouldn't like, what with me being a dark guy, but still it would add something.
Oh my God! 2 days left! With the announcement of the 6th being a fail, excitement builts! Hell, if they don't have some breathtaking breaking news (or at least something worth our time and anticipation), I'm flying to Japan and burn down Game Freak's main office building! Who's with me?

Eevee and its evolutions are also the promo cards for every TCG event this year, and will make another showing in our next set. I'm all aboard this hype train.

ChillBill said:
In my opinion, types are pretty well covered. Unless they introduced the Light-type. Which I wouldn't like, what with me being a dark guy, but still it would add something.
Oh my God! 2 days left! With the announcement of the 6th being a fail, excitement builts! Hell, if they don't have some breathtaking breaking news (or at least something worth our time and anticipation), I'm flying to Japan and burn down Game Freak's main office building! Who's with me?

A light type would't be good I think either, maybe a 'cosmic' type who knows!!

Yes I would also burn down the building if its something dumb like meloetta download.

I thought we were done with the "pikachu short title" last month.
This is how it goes:
141mbs2.jpg

Espeon was never pink, but more like purple.
The bow is just a stylistic choice.

EDIT:
Shining Raikou said:
I got proof of that thats not the case. The same title is at bottom left here:
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/short.php
Except it has no BOW and the regular "apostrophes" are there instead of stars.
And clearly the last symbol is the same colour as Espeons name.

Anyhow. I'm quite confident we are not getting another duo of eeveelutions ever.
Think about it.
They never intended for Eevee to evolve into everything. But if they make 2 more now, in a few years, people will want more again... they could do something to stop this though:
BY RELEASING A FINAL EEVEELUTION.
Whether its Normal, or Normal/Flying, but it'd would clearly be a special standalone one.
Something majestic, beautiful and elegant, you get the idea.
Maybe even something as simple and plain as a "grown-up" Eevee.

Anything else is out of question IMO, because they used all the types with major "elemental" aspects bar Flying (which we know to have the "patent" for wind as proven by Tornadus), but I don't see them going pure Flying for an eeveelution.

Seriously, its not gonna turn into an insect, zombie, dragon or whatever, because that is not what Eevee is about.
It evolves by being exposed to an elemental energy source.
"Bring it to the FightRock/InsectStone/SteelThing to evolve" yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, no.

If there is going to be a new type, then Eevee would probably be the best way to show it. They did it with Umbreon. That or Arceus. Maybe the new Genesect movie will showcase a new drive and his new signature attack type. Who knows?

If there isn't a new type and there is just another Eevee. All in on Ghost type.
If there is a new type and a new Eevee. All in on ??? type.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I just noticed that if this were a new Eeveelution, it would be the eighth one... the announcement is being made on the 8th! It's a Tuesday too, which is an odd day of the week to make a Pokemon announcement. Not sure if I'm looking too much into things at this point though...
AlanaSaysHey said:
1 Eevee.
8th Eeveelution.
OMIGAWD!!! 1-8-13!!!
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the question on Twitter, looks like I was outsped. :<

The stars are probably a hint. I mean if there is going to be a new eeveelution (stars => light?) then why not hint at it in the logo? Why make such a weird stylistic choice (the stars) anyway?

Poison type lets go.

Ah, good times. I remember freaking out and stuff as a kid when wailmer was revealed. This stuff is the best part of liking pokemon.

I personally cant see Dragon, Ghost or Bug type Eevee. All the other types represent some kind of element while these three seem to represent a thing. To me, those types are limiting because they are not elemental. Ghost kinda gets a pass because it could just represent dead things but Bug and Dragon for sure give me a hard time. I cant see an Eevee becoming Bug or Dragon at all.

Either way, I wouldn't care if it would happen. I'm hoping to only learn a few of the new generation before I get the games. I'm going to limit that to the 3 starters (basic only), the mascots and whatever might be revealed before those. I'm going to do it! I want to be surprised for the game!

Back