(1) 'Plasma Blast' Scans! [7/27]

Dialga EX seems to be a common EX. I pulled a reg. & FA Version of it, and saw about 3 more of each version at PR.

Hooray for Kangaskhan's Comet Punch Troll War in my 3rd match!

It's a shame that Catcher was reprinted, but since DEX isn't getting rotated, I guess it's a moot point.

I want Dialga-EX, it's so pretty o3o

So they include a Catcher in a theme deck. The price will drop surely. This theme deck is a very good choice for new players. They get Ultra Ball, Juniper, Catcher, Blastoise, Suicune etc for a today's price Catcher!

PMJ said:
It's a shame that Catcher was reprinted, but since DEX isn't getting rotated, I guess it's a moot point.

Just means it will stay for another year after this one. (I don't see them rotating this set come next year and it could even be reprinted again in the future). But yeah if you don't really care about that then whatever lol.

I'm glad that Sigilyph's Ability was changed from Item Box in the translations to Toolbox on the real card. Much more fitting. Also I really like the Shelmet and Dialga EX FA art after looking at the scans.

dmaster out.

They must be intent on dropping every in format card. Catcher, Ultra Ball, and soon Dexoys EX, Thundrus EX, and Lugia EX. And releasing Ultra Ball, rare candy, non-ultra rare Catcher in the same set? Criminal. It's almost an enhanced, re vamped DEX. But hey. I'm not gonna argue.

It's a shame eels are being rotated because that Eelektross would have been perfect for that deck.

Could Kangaskhan end up being our new starter? (I think Emolga is still better thanks to the free retreat, but Kangaskhan has 30 more HP and a better second attack.)

Also, at the PR today, my TO said that the PreReleases for the next set (she gave no description of it, but we can all assume it will be the first XY set) should be on the weekends of Oct. 26 and Nov. 2. That leads me to believe for the next set release (after Plasma Blast-NOT Pokebeach, stop doing that stupid autocorrect) will be either Nov. 6 or 13.

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
Also, at the PR today, my TO said that the PreReleases for the next set (she gave no description of it, but we can all assume it will be the first XY set) should be on the weekends of Oct. 26 and Nov. 2. That leads me to believe for the next set release (after PokéBeach) will be either Nov. 6 or 13.

After Pokèbeach? And if it is then, it will be EX Battle Boost, beacuse not even the Beginning set would be released in Japan, and even though, they aren't enough cards in ther to make a full set out of it.

Luispipe8 said:
Also, at the PR today, my TO said that the PreReleases for the next set (she gave no description of it, but we can all assume it will be the first XY set) should be on the weekends of Oct. 26 and Nov. 2. That leads me to believe for the next set release (after PokéBeach) will be either Nov. 6 or 13.

After Pokèbeach? And if it is then, it will be EX Battle Boost, beacuse not even the Beginning set would be released in Japan, and even though, they aren't enough cards in ther to make a full set out of it.

Like I said, it could also be the 13th, at which point the Beginning set would be released, and another Japanese set as well, allowing for a XY set. Plus, they won't make us wait an entire four months after the release of the games before we get cards for the new Pokemon.

Luispipe8 said:

Like I said, it could also be the 13th, at which point the Beginning set would be released, and another Japanese set as well, allowing for a XY set. Plus, they won't make us wait an entire four months after the release of the games before we get cards for the new Pokemon.

A 40ish card XY set would sort of be a letdown. I can also guarantee that if XY1 for the international market is only the beginning set, the set will suck.

The Japanese Beginning sets are not actually main sets, they are just a few half decks composed of many different cards. Their next set could easily be released on the same day as the beginning sets, and internationally the two items would make up our next set. Do remember that at this point we are only speculating on what the next set might contain, but those are the (at least preliminary) dates for the PRs for the next set.

"We now have over 85 scans..."

....but...but there's only 84 scans.(? six cards per row, 14 rows, that's 84)

Seriously, though, this will be awesome.

Not really liking the artwork for this set whatsoever and since I only collect, not play, that kind of stinks. There are a couple good ones though.

[private]
not really liking the artwork for this set whatsoever and since I only collect not play that kind of stinks theres a couple good ones though
no capitalization or punctuation, post fixed (no warning or PM since the other posts he made seemed fine) *Drohn [/private]

These cards look great. A shame the best things I pulled at my Prerelease was a playset of Rare Candy, a Silver Mirror, and 2 Juniper. VirGen is going to be a pain to get the cards for if I play it.

The Japanese Beginning sets are not actually main sets, they are just a few half decks composed of many different cards. Their next set could easily be released on the same day as the beginning sets, and internationally the two items would make up our next set. Do remember that at this point we are only speculating on what the next set might contain, but those are the (at least preliminary) dates for the PRs for the next set.

Well I have doubts, considering their XY set hasn't been announced. It really depends when they release XY1, and how fast we can get the cards translated, or if there is any collaboration between international and Japan to sync up the sets. Japan also tends to not release the TCG set the next month after the games' release, but it isn't to say that they couldn't try, but I am highly doubtful for a November XY1 release, because there won't be cards to release a set with.

I'd rather have them to think outside the box to correspond the TCG to the games' release, than to fit a square peg in a round hole.

And another Fire Water theme deck? Really? How about Fire Metal, or Fire Fighting, or Fire Psychic, or Fire Darkness?

Back