(1) One New Pokemon, Victini's Types [8/3]

New bug Pokemon looks brilliant. Really like it.
The Swan is also a great design.
Not so fond of the Deer, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Overall, very good.

Ok. My opinions are getting better. The bug Pokemon looks awesome. The swan looks, nice. I suppose. xD It's actually a great design, I'm just bothered that it resembles, well, a regular swan. And the deer will grow on me, I actually like it better now that I've seen its KS artwork.

Wow, that bug is too cute. :D If it's the basic form of the early-game Bug for this generation, it's definitely my favorite out of the early-game basic stages of the Bugs. It'll be awesome to see what they do with it.

The artwork for the swan and Shikijika make me like them a lot more, especially Shikijika.

Victini being Psychic / Fire is a bit odd, but I do see how Fire fits. Though its other part being Psychic is better than another Fire / Flying, so no complaints here! xD

zero20 said:
haha see i told you no one likes 4th gen
5th is already better:D

and yeah the swan looks pretty beast and the bug is cool.. the deer is cute

Tobi_Akatsuki said:
Weird and Unnecessarily complicated is what i want, i don't want kawaii pokemon, it the reason people make fun of Pokemon, not that many people make fun of Yugioh or Digimon than they make fun of Pokemon u wanna know why, cause we have stupid cute monsters instead of large ferocious beasts that could level a city...3rd gen & 4th gen are the best example, mew is good enough for me as far as "cute" legendaries go, Legendaries should not be cute...Pokemon even base forms in general should not be "cute"...and why are they re-using designs, what is this the 5th caterpillar pokemon we have? how many more do we need...they keep re-using animals, they are plenty of animals that they've never done, heck maybe some more dinosaur Pokemon, heck these people should read biology book once in a while there so much that they could, heck i like fakemon on deviantart better than i like this gen, save for a few like Tsutaaja & Zekrom & Zoroark, besides them everything else kinda sux so far...

well if you want ferocious looking beasts than go play something else and stop hating on the new pokes!

1st, not really... These 30+ pokémon aren't all better than the 107 gen 4 pokémon...

2nd, you're wrong again... You said to me that no one likes gen 4 but you replied to 2 people, so...:cool::D

Metalizard said:
well if you want ferocious looking beasts than go play something else and stop hating on the new pokes!

1st, not really... These 30+ pokémon aren't all better than the 107 gen 4 pokémon...

2nd, you're wrong again... You said to me that no one likes gen 4 but you replied to 2 people, so...:cool::D
[/quote]

I love 4 gen pokemon..also 1rst,2nd and 3rd and I will love the 5th too

Well Victini is certainly interesting. i figured it'd be psychic type, but the secondary fire typing came as a surprise. While I doubt I'll actually use it, I wouldn't mind having one in a box.

Shikijikka is... nice. Nothing amazing about it but evolution could easily solve that. But the swan is just meh. It's a swan with a blue chest. I feel like some other small detail should have been added. The way it is just feels incomplete. But that leafy weedle looks cool. I wonder what its sprite animation will look like.

I'm really wanting to see more "beastly" looking pokemon. Cute after cute after adorable is beginning to take its toll on me. Here's hoping Coro Coro will show some powerful looking pokemon that aren't cute and cuddly.

The bug is so cute! Luv it <3

I don't really like the design of Aloe (is she pregnant?), but Dento is cool

That is an adorable bug :3

And the official artwork of the deer/swan makes me actually like them alot better than my first impressions. I dunno why Victini's fire, but Pokemon pulls stuff like that all the time XD

Earlier someone mentioned that Aloe wasn't fat, just that she had a big poofy apron. I disagree, just because she has...very thick arms >.>

And I don't know why Dento's going to be in game but as long as Iris isn't im fine, her hair bothers me @_@

btw, following the pattern... gen 1 & 3 have all new pokémon (with gen 3 only having 2 pokémon related to old ones), gen 2 & 4 have a lot of pre-evos and evos of older pokémon... gen 5 seems to be like 1 & 3, with a lot of new pokémon and few evos so my guess is gen 6 will be like gen 2 & 4 with a lot of evos & pre-evos...

AAAH! The bug is so cute. The swan looks pretty cool, and the deer is nice. Victini's typing is quite the bomb. Psychic/Fire? That's pretty crazy, considering he looks like neither.

Redneck said:
That is an adorable bug :3

And the official artwork of the deer/swan makes me actually like them alot better than my first impressions. I dunno why Victini's fire, but Pokemon pulls stuff like that all the time XD

Earlier someone mentioned that Aloe wasn't fat, just that she had a big poofy apron. I disagree, just because she has...very thick arms >.>

And I don't know why Dento's going to be in game but as long as Iris isn't im fine, her hair bothers me @_@

not too big it's normal,also her body is not fat her chest is small ,compared to other fat characters..also i am sad because Dento in the game is different from that in the anime (check my post in the previous page)

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but i just realized something about the Bug. if you look behind his head you can notice a Hole in the leaf he has wrapped around him. (or is it part of him? we'll have to wait on the Dex entrys for that one.) I'm thinking that he has a whole nother "face" on the other side of the leaf, one of those, camouflage things, where the insect has adapted a way to scare off predators.

http://i1.treknature.com/photos/5966/brahmaea_hearsyi.jpg

that is a moth with markings that are supposed to look like an owl to scare predators away. so i'm thinking that this little bug guy has the same thing, only he made his own. xD i could see him evolving into a Moth like that one i posted with big markings on his wings.

Timeshift said:
When I first saw the new bug pokemon, I was reminded almost instantly of Castform. It's the face and all, but it probably has absolutely no relation to Castform whatsoever.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it seems related to Castform! I know it sounds like a stupid idea, because I'm still sure it is a completely new pokemon, but it bears a striking resemblance to Castform; it has a white chin, it has a round head, similar eyes, and what I assume to be Castform's feet are present on this new pokemon's head! So it could just be a new weather forme, possibly related to the seasons!

Timeshift said:
Actually, the more I look at it, the more it seems related to Castform! I know it sounds like a stupid idea, because I'm still sure it is a completely new pokemon, but it bears a striking resemblance to Castform; it has a white chin, it has a round head, similar eyes, and what I assume to be Castform's feet are present on this new pokemon's head! So it could just be a new weather forme, possibly related to the seasons!

...Here we go...

lol castform wont turn into a bug. its not a weather condition. the seasons arnt weather conditions lol. its a specific period of time that has weather conditions in that period of time. plus the only weather condition caastform doent have is sandstorm

LOL I think Timeshift is just being sarcastic XD

NO It has to evolve into a very cool new type combo moth! um yeah :)

Kitana Coldfire said:
The swan reminds me big-time of the Odette/Odile costumes in Swan Lake. If its shiny is black and red I will die and go to heaven.

And for those who don't know what costumes I'm talking about:

princess-tutu.jpg
kraehe.jpg

Those are pictures of the main characters from an anime called Princess Tutu, which is based largely on Swan Lake. I think they get the point across well enough.

Oh no! *is a hopeless Swan Lake and Princess Tutu fan* You've given me hope that the swan might look EVEN COOLER as a shiny! D: And I really hope the swan gets a black counterpart (it IS from the Black and White versions, after all, it's not too big a stretch). I'm really hoping the swan can learn Featherdance, if only for the aesthetic appeal of watching it use that move. owo

if the rumors about the different forms are true then maybe when the deer evolves to different forms then the flower on its head changes. For example for its water form the flower changes to maybe a water lilly or something. I can't really think of other obvious flowers right now but this could make sense

Back