(1) Nintendo Follow-Up [9/21]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Job Nintendo!

If the people don't want the game spoiled they won't look at this website.
Nintendo it seems is just trying to make Japan know everything and the US and other places unknowable, they have no point in this, I don't understand why they are wating their time.

I couldn't agree more, I have no clue why Nintendo is being like this, if anything, seeing the new pokemon and hearing about the story of Black and White would make me want to buy the games even more.

Question: Was this came about from the nintendo of america or japan? Because even though it is one company the country branches are probably very differnt about legal/copyright issues. Like you said WPM this is a age where if i know something special here in america ill post it somewhere and the WORLD knows now. Nintendo what you've done here is made a BADDD name for yourseves in the US pokemon fandom base. Dont think we will forget this either...

If Nintendo want to take down a website

It'd have to be 2ch.

Not serebii or Pokebeach or that other site...

They even targeted the OSTs that were posted on Youtube. I can't even listen to the freaking music anymore.

Why they would not want us to get hyped about their own games, I really can't comprehend. =/

Oh well. I'll be a witness in court if you need me, WPM ;D

''However, the use of Nintendo's unpublished copyrighted materials or other proprietary information that Nintendo has not authorized for public release is not permitted'' - Nintendo Lawyer.

SO that means put the sprites up. Seeing as how BW HAS been released in Japan and IS now "published copyrighted material" then Nintendo cant stop you. They are so stupid. ITS OUT OF THE BAG NINTENDO! WE ALL KNOW ABOUT POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE IN THE US!! morons.

I believe Crimson Tide's on the right track. If that lawyer was from Nintendo of America, then these would be officially unpublished sprites in America. These are published in Japan, since the game has been released there, so it's okay there. Nintendo is still trying to hold on to borders that no longer exist in the digital age, and this is the best way they can do it. Still kinda silly if you ask me, especially it'll do nothing but stoke interest in the game.

Hey there. Just registered an account to post. I got involved in a similar "Cease and Desist" from Nintendo, regarding Pokenet, a Pokemon MMO.

Based on what little you've posted I can tell you two things:

"However, the use of Nintendo’s unpublished copyrighted materials or other proprietary information that Nintendo has not authorized for public release is not permitted,"
I think what they're trying to say there is that the copyrighted materials are unpublished (In the Americas).

"I’ve outlined Nintendo’s position and provided guidance as to what is, and is not, acceptable to Nintendo. Beyond that, I cannot provide you with legal advice."
He can, but he'd charge you for it. My legal advice? Move everything outside america. Get a Swiss registrar, a canadian server, a french proxy. America is person.

Edit:
Hah, We posted at the same time, Crimson Tide.

There's one other thing I'd be wary of. When we got C&D, I started studying the american term "fair use" and apparently, quantity is a big factor. Ripping every single sprite most probably does not count as Fair Use.

Although the game is published in Japan, reasonable parties do not want to go through a protracted legal battle. Let's all face facts. Nintendo's pockets are deeper.

EXACTLY However now that i think about it the sprites were taken from a JAPANESE game. So they are technically copyrighted and therfore publishable. No blood No foul. Just make sure in the post you say "Sprites taken from the japanese pocket monsters black white game" Be all techincal and they are screwed. I win. I could be a lawyer

The "Proprietary information" has already been publicly released when you think about it. Since the game and it's contents are almost complete, public knowledge there's no point in Nintendo even pulling something like this. It's a little suspicious if you ask me. I don't know about everyone else but the wording, to me, makes it sound like a cover-up or something of the likes. I hate to say it, but Nintendo doesn't look at the consumers as much as they should. Consumer demands should not be ignored. We, the consumers, give them, the companies, the money to produce said product. If we, consumers, do not give companies our money, then they, the companies, cannot put out any more of said product. This is only a short rant as to my thoughts on the matter.

Crimson Tide, You may win the battle, but would you have any money left when the judge decided in your favor? And would you live long enough to see it?

Regarding the game being published in Japan, that might be a legal leg to stand on. I'm sure there's some sort of a treaty between USA and Japan that has each other sniffing their butts and respecting their published works.

Out of my dealings with the lawyers, my only advice is to be as disrespectful and insulting as you can. Call him useless leech. Tell him to grow up and stop harrassing kids online. Comply either way. You'll regret it otherwise.

That lawyer sounds completely unhelpful....you ask him/her a question and they in no way provided guidance of any kind.

Let's face it, if a lawyer isn't on your side....they don't exist to help you they just exist to throw law babble at you. :/

I wonder if pokebeach has a pokemon player who's a lawyer who can translate lawyeriese?

There is probably a lot of legal stuff goin' on too deep for anyone here to actually comprehend. You're not being picked on stop acting like victims. Even if there is no real reason and Nintendo is just being a jerk for the fun of it it's no reason to act like a buncha babies. -__-

So what? Nintendo wants to protect what's theirs. Most of us have seen all the images already and if you haven't you can do what we did back in 2000 and either find out for yourself the old fashioned way or wait for news legally once the games reach the states. Kids (and sadly, some "adults") today are too dang spoiled, always need everything right now and whine when they can't have it.

Commence illiterate flaming... Now. o3o

When talking about lawyers, just remember what William Shakespeare said.

Well ive never been to court i just pay my speeding tickets online lol Seriously though all I know is that IM RIGHT so then Id WIN in court and take lots of money from nintendo of america. Youre actually lucky WPM lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back