(1) Nintendo 3DS Drops to $170 Starting August 12th [7/28]

I've got a question about becoming a 3DS "ambassador" what is a broadband internet connection, i've connected to it via my friend's Laptop and motel 6 internet but IDK if those count, can someone help me out here?

Seems great I'm excited for the GBA and NES games.

@CFOURCOLTSFAN As long as you can connect to the e-shop you can become a member of the ambassador program.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I've got a question about becoming a 3DS "ambassador" what is a broadband internet connection, i've connected to it via my friend's Laptop and motel 6 internet but IDK if those count, can someone help me out here?

A Broadband Internet Connection is a wireless connection is Wi-Fi. Go to a McDonald's or somewhere that has free Wi-Fi.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!!

That's quite the large price drop, and they are going to make a killing on it now. I didn't want a 3DS for the price when I only play Pokemon on it(at the moment). But Star Fox 64? Oh yeah. I'm going to be all over this for Christmas.

And the real killer? Streaming Netflix. So long as it is smooth, crisp, and good sound, anyway.

Thats kinda awesome, I wanted to get a 3DS but it was really expensive, it still is but now I can more likely be able to afford it

Finally!!

I haven't bought one because 250 dollars is extremely expensive for a handheld, especially when the best games hadn't come out yet.

First Fire Emblem GBA game please...

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I think if you've connected to the eShop at all, then it counts.

Fangking Omega said:
Is the same thing happening in the UK? I was about to buy one :)
It's worldwide. But from what I've read, the UK hasn't revealed its price yet and may not do so until closer to August 12th.

Can't decide whether or not to hold off buying until after the 12th... - Ambassador's programme sounds phenomenal but price drop after is massive.

DigiMatt said:
That's quite the large price drop, and they are going to make a killing on it now. I didn't want a 3DS for the price when I only play Pokemon on it(at the moment). But Star Fox 64? Oh yeah. I'm going to be all over this for Christmas.

And the real killer? Streaming Netflix. So long as it is smooth, crisp, and good sound, anyway.

It works great! The picture quality is fantastic, and the speakers on the 3DS are surprisingly good. It's super easy to watch movies anywhere.

I dunno, I think it's going to follow the same suit of the gameboy micro, being over shadowed by the playstation vita. My prediction is the original 3DS will go under and nintendo will release a new 3ds, probably XL or maybe with a mobile function or 3/4G to compete with playstation.

I was hoping this would happen. I really want to buy Kid Icarus, so now I can buy the 3DS.

There's 1 thing I don't like about the 3DS... the 3D part.

Fangking Omega said:
Ambassador's programme sounds phenomenal but price drop after is massive.

There's going to be another price drop?

glaceon said:
I was hoping this would happen. I really want to buy Kid Icarus, so now I can buy the 3DS.

There's 1 thing I don't like about the 3DS... the 3D part.
Then turn it off.

There's going to be another price drop?
There will only be this one for the foreseeable future.

Wow, this promotion is uber.
Too bad the 3DS here in Mexico has just dropped like $1000 Mexican Pesos only -_-
At least i´m glad that I will maybe get a 3DS for my birthday, and if I do, then they obvioulsy ordered it from internet where it is WAY cheaper and a not used one.

The games promotion I like! :D

I'll just quote what I posted before about this.

dmaster said:
Seems simple to me. 20 free games for $80. That's about $4 per game which is _amazing_ for games like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Fusion, and WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$. Since I didn't get to pick up a lot of the great GBA games before, this is an amazing deal. And they don't even have plans to release 10 of those games to anybody else right now. I don't regret buying the 3DS on launch day.

I'd be surprised if Nintendo does not seriously cash in on this deal. A lot of people will be getting 3DS for Christmas this year.

dmaster out.

This is HUGE. That means the DSi will drop to around $130.00 for the XL. I hope the XL drops so I can get one as I am mostly blind and that bigger system will help big time XD.:)

xxashxx said:
This is HUGE. That means the DSi will drop to around $130.00 for the XL. I hope the XL drops so I can get one as I am mostly blind and that bigger system will help big time XD.:)
No, the other DS hardware won't be getting a price cut.

Bippa201 said:
Is it as long as we connect to the e-shop before August 12th, or do we have to connect to the e-shop on exactly August 12th?
Do it before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 11th.

Back