(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

Annihilator27 said:
Anyone wanna bet Mewtwo gets a male voice for the dub version? Anything is up in the air now.

I think the movie has a good chance of airing in America this summer!

mkdr8h.png

> shows video of it directly changing from Mewtwo
> still calls it "newly discovered Pokemon"

xlib7s.jpg

Lol ^

But yeah, I really do hope they don't make this the same as in the first movies. I was really hoping for it at first, but now with the new voice (assuming they change the dub as well) it would really bother me if it was the same. The only option for me now is to hope its a different Mewtwo. Its better than him getting a gender change, imo.

It might be a different Mewtwo, so that would explain the whole "newly discovered Pokemon" spiel. It's probably just a derp attempt to hype a new Pokemon, though.

And please people, continue to whine about Gamefreak destroying your nostalgic wonderland. Great stuff.

Its obviously Mewtwo's, daughter, he realized that one thing his clones could not do and what prevented them from truly belonging was the ability to reproduce, so he genetically created a child that he himself enhanced, this new Mewtwo would turn out to be female and in a change of events come to the rescue in a continuation of his legacy.

officialy confused with both mewtwo and sylveon. mewtwo with a girl's voice and sylveon with magic stuffs going on ...

game freak used confused ray ...
godzilla41 became confused!

Something I just noticed is that Meowth becomes infatuated with Sylveon and that makes this specific Sylveon a female (as it wasn't obvious already).
Virgil's only unevolved Eevee (which is speculated to evolve into a Sylveon later) is a female. And his only female Pokémon. All of his other eeveelutions are male.
Sylveon has a very girly design (that doesn't really prove a lot in the Pokémon world).
Everything seems to indicate that Sylveon is some kind of female only eeveelution.

On a side note, also just noticed it's Atsuko Maeda, former AKB48 leader, who's narrating the Pikachu short. lol

Serperior said:
jynxed said:
I've never seen the mods of a Pokémon site hate Pokémon so much.

Don't generalize. The other mods don't hate Pokémon, and I don't hate Pokémon. I love it, which is why it is my hobby and I've spent so much time on this site discussing and learning about it. I was excited when I heard we were getting Mewtwo back, but I personally find its new forme and design ridiculous.

And shouts out to frezgle - I understand I don't own Mewtwo per se, and sure, they can do whatever they want to it, but lots of older fans like myself find strong nostalgia in the original Mewtwo, and its entity as a one-and-only Legendary Pokémon.

Mewtwo was never one-of-a-kind. Mewtwo is, just as its named implies, a second Mew -- a clone. From the moment that Mew was successfully cloned, there has always been the possibility that it could be cloned again. And now, with the knowledge of how to create a clone of Mew, who's stopping the scientists from altering the abilities a bit (hence the forme)?

The (possibly new) clone of Mew could even have developed the ability on its own. It's the clone of the 'ancestor of all Pokémon!' Who knows what Mewtwo is capable of?

Try not to hate a this new forme solely based on its appearance and however much it "ruins" your nostalgia of the Mewtwo you know and love.

Try not to hate Mewtwo's new forme until Pokémon X and Pokémon Y get released, so you can properly view it in the medias in which it was designed for.

Don't judge a book by its cover simply because it's an updated version of an older book that you love. :)

I utter myself.... disappointed with Mewtwo's sex change. I really do hope that it is in fact another Mewtwo because if it's the same one, Pokemon is jumping off the deep end with this movie. At the same time, multiple Mewtwos (after all this time) devalues the first movies, and it devalues the story of Mewtwo's origins. It's not always about nostalgia, I mean call it what you want, but the underlying problem here is the total lack of continuity for the anime.

I'm just hoping that these recent, rather odd developments are all for the better in the overall picture.

Elite Stride said:
I utter myself.... disappointed with Mewtwo's sex change. I really do hope that it is in fact another Mewtwo because if it's the same one, Pokemon is jumping off the deep end with this movie. At the same time, multiple Mewtwos (after all this time) devalues the first movies, and it devalues the story of Mewtwo's origins. It's not always about nostalgia, i mean call it what you want, but the underlying problem here is the total lack of continuity for the anime.

I'm just hoping that these recent, rather odd developments are all for the better in the overall picture.

It doesn't devalue the older movies, honestly.

Also, the movies usually have nothing to do with the main anime beside the fact that the main characters (of whatever season the movie is released during) are in the movies.

Elite Stride said:
I utter myself.... disappointed with Mewtwo's sex change. I really do hope that it is in fact another Mewtwo because if it's the same one, Pokemon is jumping off the deep end with this movie. At the same time, multiple Mewtwos (after all this time) devalues the first movies, and it devalues the story of Mewtwo's origins. It's not always about nostalgia, I mean call it what you want, but the underlying problem here is the total lack of continuity for the anime.

I partially agree. Its not the nostalgic value (at least not for me), its that it was never said that there was more than one Mewtwo. But, its like I said, I'm interested to see how they explain it. It will probably be just something as simple as Team Rocket made another one, but yeah. I guess you can call the original Mewtwo just the first of a long line of them.
The Origin of Mewtwo can also just explain the origin of the species itself, and not of the individual Pokemon.

Im really fine with the changes and I think it could get interesting. My nostalgic rage will only come out if they keep this female voice change AND say that this Mewtwo is the same from the first movies as opposed to a different one.. that would strongly irritate me.. xD

Whoa, that's sure something new we're seeing from Sylveon. I'd been leaning toward Flying before, but this kinda blows everything out of the water. They're all but screaming that it's a new type now.

(Not even touching the Newtwo stuff while the fandom is still being this dramatic over it.)

MUH NOSTALGIA!

I'm interested in the new Mewtwo forme. Thankfully, I'm not allowing MUH NOSTALGIA from letting me be interested in the new X/Y stuff. But hey, nostalgia and rose colored glassed are rampant everywhere. I'm been a Pokemon fan since the anime's sneak peak on Kids WB and the release of Pokemon Red and Blue.

But please, let's continue to scream about MUH NOSTALGIA about an optional forme. How they changed YOUR Mewtwo. And the voice? Eh, if it really is nostalgia you're clinging to, I'm pretty sure when TPC will have a masculine voice for Mewtwo when its dubbed.

Sylveon, I haven't really cared much about it. When its type is released, its released. Part of me wants a new type (if there is a new one, how much retconning will there be with Gens 1-5 Pokemon?) and part of me hopes there isn't more new type drama (moves and Pokemon changing, balancing issues, etc.)

We'll see how it all goes come this summer and October!

AtmosphericThunder said:
It doesn't devalue the older movies, honestly.

Also, the movies usually have nothing to do with the main anime beside the fact that the main characters (of whatever season the movie is released during) are in the movies.

There would be a lack of continuity among the movies, not the mainstream series. And I think it does devalue the older movies. Those two movies centered around Mewtwo, and one of the things that made Mewtwo so special was the presumption that it was a one of a kind creation- the only one that survived the cloning process. Multiple Mewtwos not only takes away from those primal concepts surrounding Mewtwo, but also makes one question the level of originality here. But I'm not going to judge the overall movie on originality because I have yet to see it. They could very well make something great out of all of this, and I'm expecting for that to happen.

Zielo said:
I partially agree. Its not the nostalgic value (at least not for me), its that it was never said that there was more than one Mewtwo. But, its like I said, I'm interested to see how they explain it. It will probably be just something as simple as Team Rocket made another one, but yeah. I guess you can call the original Mewtwo just the first of a long line of them.
The Origin of Mewtwo can also just explain the origin of the species itself, and not of the individual Pokemon.

I too am completely interested in seeing how this plays out. Mewtwo is supposed to be just one individual Pokemon. Not anymore apparently. Lol

Boy and girl Mewtwo? Different forms? multiple Gensect? Baptism?

*If you don't get the reference don't bother to look it up unless you want to spoil what it's for.

Back