(1) New 'Revived Legends' Commercial [2/5]

RE: (1) New 'Revived Legends' Commercial [2/5] - From #69920

If you dont feel like promoting something of theirs, then why say so on an actual NEW CARD-something news? Why even report about new cards and expansions... Hell even about new Pokemon News? I dont know but it sounds to me like someone is more butthurt about this than usual. I mean, look how much you contradict that statement... Remember the whole, I wanna be a Professor thing last year? Now the whole "I dont wanna give scans early because of my professor test and stuff" means nothing now that you dont wanna participate in the whole TPCI ordeal anymore.

And nothing of value was lost.
Cool Story, Bro [I would suggest you to get a Livejournal so you can post your personal experiences instead of making the Beach half your blog].

Jaimonster said:
If you don't feel like promoting something of theirs, then why say so on an actual NEW CARD-something news?
Because the point of the post was to inform everyone that I might be going to Japan again and that they'll be getting Japanese news? People who read the Japanese news will be interested in knowing, whereas if it was posted elsewhere, it might not be targeting the people I want it to.

Why even report about new cards and expansions... heck even about new Pokemon News?
Because it's not for the officials, it's for the fans.

I don't know but it sounds to me like someone is more butthurt about this than usual. I mean, look how much you contradict that statement... Remember the whole, I wanna be a Professor thing last year? Now the whole "I don't wanna give scans early because of my professor test and stuff" means nothing now that you don't wanna participate in the whole TPCI ordeal anymore.
I think you're a little too aggressive. As many people know, TPCi (well specifically, the head of POP, "Biggie") banned me from ever becoming a Professor again as their way of getting back at me (when I wasn't even a Professor). I'm sure they read that Professor post and thought it would be a good way to punish me for not always doing what they want. There's actually a lot to this but I'm not going to go into detail about it as I have class in a bit, but if you want I'll explain it later.

Are you asking to be banned? You sure have a very negative attitude. Someone even told me how you bashed our site's translations somewhere, stating they are flawed, which everyone knows is not true. Whose agenda are you pushing?

Cool Story, Bro [I would suggest you to get a Livejournal so you can post your personal experiences instead of making the Beach half your blog].
I'll do what I want, and if you don't want to read it, then don't read it. :)

Jaimonster said:
If you don't feel like promoting something of theirs, then why say so on an actual NEW CARD-something news? Why even report about new cards and expansions... heck even about new Pokemon News? I don't know but it sounds to me like someone is more butthurt about this than usual. I mean, look how much you contradict that statement... Remember the whole, I wanna be a Professor thing last year? Now the whole "I don't wanna give scans early because of my professor test and stuff" means nothing now that you don't wanna participate in the whole TPCI ordeal anymore.

man, pretty defensive of TPCi and POP there...honestly, I'm with WPM on those issues, because if anything...the fact that he posts scans sooner than most really shouldn't be an issue at all...as it lets people know what to expect and what to shoot for, (once again) if anything, he helps out TPCi and POP immensely...because with knowing what to shoot for, people can actually efficiently spend money for what they want, instead of having to guess...you can decide off the scans that you don't really want to go to a PR, because the set doesn't have enough in it for you to warrant wasting money

I only wish I had a forum that provided this much info, and thoroughly, for the previous TCG/CCGs I've played...perhaps then, those games would still be in rotation instead of something that's just long gone and just thought about like old popular songs...and I have alot of respect for him for bringing a forum like this to fruition, so I can completely understand why he would be "miffed" at something like that, and if he happens to type out his emotions and thoughts while reporting pokemon news, so be it...I'm fairly sure if they hadn't have treated him in such a "piss-poor excuse" of a way, he probably wouldn't have any problems with dealing with TPCi...you get shafted by an organization that you help support to the fans, and see how you feel about and if you want anything else to deal with them...the reason he still continues to do what he does (as he said), is because it's for the fans of pokemon...what would you rather him do? just shut down the site altogether because of the raw shafting that TPCi is giving him, or just fake like it doesn't bother him and put on this fake facade? If the man wants to expess his disdain during an update, while still reporting actual news...(once again) so be it, at least it's not just some post talking about his emotions on the situation, he is still bringing news that we wouldn't normally be privy to to pokemon fans, like you and I

qnetykz said:
man, pretty defensive of TPCi and POP there...honestly, I'm with WPM on those issues, because if anything...the fact that he posts scans sooner than most really shouldn't be an issue at all...as it lets people know what to expect and what to shoot for, (once again) if anything, he helps out TPCi and POP immensely...because with knowing what to shoot for, people can actually efficiently spend money for what they want, instead of having to guess...you can decide off the scans that you don't really want to go to a PR, because the set doesn't have enough in it for you to warrant wasting money

I only wish I had a forum that provided this much info, and thoroughly, for the previous TCG/CCGs I've played...perhaps then, those games would still be in rotation instead of something that's just long gone and just thought about like old popular songs...and I have alot of respect for him for bringing a forum like this to fruition, so I can completely understand why he would be "miffed" at something like that, and if he happens to type out his emotions and thoughts while reporting pokemon news, so be it...I'm fairly sure if they hadn't have treated him in such a "mad-poor excuse" of a way, he probably wouldn't have any problems with dealing with TPCi...you get shafted by an organization that you help support to the fans, and see how you feel about and if you want anything else to deal with them...the reason he still continues to do what he does (as he said), is because it's for the fans of pokemon...what would you rather him do? just shut down the site altogether because of the raw shafting that TPCi is giving him, or just fake like it doesn't bother him and put on this fake facade? If the man wants to expess his disdain during an update, while still reporting actual news...(once again) so be it, at least it's not just some post talking about his emotions on the situation, he is still bringing news that we wouldn't normally be privy to to pokemon fans, like you and I

I strongly agree with what your saying here except your argument kinda kills itself mid stream yes the beach does a great job of promoting pokemon in all it glory, but TPCi don't want people knowing about sets before PR's for the 1 reason that they want you to 'waste' that money because its a profit for them, not saying your wrong this is just my opinion on the argument you gave.

btw, thanks for the great job so far, if you want to blog here then go for it, i like it as it shows that your real, most people block out the idea of others on the internet having faces and lives, suck about the prof thing but where you promote fan interest they support profit interest, still makes you a hero to the masses

Sounds like a fun deal to bash on the site, isnt?

Sadly, Im not here to be that kind of person. And if I where, I wouldnt even be posting that comment under my real alias, right? Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

That being said, I will open this conversation a little bit more [since this is a forum after all]. Going to Japan and all that sounds fun, Going to Hawaii sounds even better! But at the same time education is something important in everybody's story. If you already have a plan for it, Im not stopping you! While we can stay young, we can travel [if we have the means to =D] and enjoy the world at our please!

Agreeing on the Not for officials, its for the fans. Yet, remember that the audience is broad here... If you dont wanna report, people flock to wherever the news are! But at the same time, keep in mind that if one resource goes down the only one losing here is everyone [Fans, Officials, Creators, and anyone else].

I did sounded a bit negative for a reason and not as a way of favoritism or agenda [which I have none]. Can you prove to us that you earned that disqualification? Are you sure that it was something beyond that? Biggie isnt one person, POP is a complete organization. Im sure theres more to the story, but sincerely its a personal gain, not a loss. Risks and sacrifices are made to keep the community [and the fans] happy. You took it, you got burnt, but nothing of value was lost, right? I would like to know more from both sides of the coin before drawing any more remarks to either side.

About the Menace of ban... Isnt that allienating your audience? Because someone didnt knew the whole reasoning and just added a quote for the sake of reflecting one's opinion under it? Hmmm, why would you even try to boast your power at me? In other words, are you mad? [which, sincerely, you shouldnt be or even wasting time on someone like me... If some birdie told you something about your site, why didnt you or him came directly to me and showed me my wrongs? I act upon proofs and facts, not menaces... And I know who told you, so no worries, I invite that person and yourself to discuss my methods, maybe I could learn something new from the process!].

Every single person is free to do its will! I will agree! And I will continue to read and support every site that covers my favorite hobby! [Im also curious, do you have a blog? It would be nice to read]

To Q, good friend!
I appreciate the scans, for they are a valuable resource as anything else! Hypes me, Motivates me and makes me eager to get my hands on cards that make my game a better one! Money wasted? I dont think that "not supporting the PRs" is a good way to do so, since GLeaders and Leagues use these events as a way of promoting the hobby and themselves. I have yet to miss one PR since I joined the game, no matter how bad the release is [Supreme Victors, Im looking at you].

Shifting the site and turning it down would be... to be honest, foolish. Its a great heap of work that doesnt goes without its trials and tribulations. I support it as much the next fansite! SHutting down due to TPCI's mojo would be a sign of weakness... I dont take pity on that action, but if it comes to that, I would respect it. Emotions taken aside, I agree... But I also feel that if we wanna make a straight record for the sake of professionalism, I would reserve those for a personal blog. Maybe I have been mistaken all this time and The place has become more care-free since TPCI "locked" WPM from the test due to the way he does things? I dont know, but It is something of note. I don't hold any agendas, nor favoritism... If I say something its because its my own opinion, not a complete fact.

With that being said, I hope we can all agree on one thing: Things happen and Plans are readjusted; If someone doesnt agrees, he can simply try at least to be respectful of the decisions made. I invite you and anyone else to take their own opinion without fear, and If I am wrong? Pff, Ill laugh at myself as long as I can see where it came from and what the real situation is.

EDIT - I hope you guys dont mind If I save the convo as it goes... It would be an interesting way to save and discuss it as time goes.

Jaimonster said:
Sounds like a fun deal to bash on the site, isnt?

Sadly, Im not here to be that kind of person. And if I where, I wouldnt even be posting that comment under my real alias, right? Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
Well you did say our translations are unreliable, which is completely not true. Not to mention you're friends with Cally, who has openly stolen from us and gone out of her way to bash us because of her jealousy. But that's a whole other story that I'm not going to discuss here. Point is, I thought you had other reasons for what you were saying.

That being said, I will open this conversation a little bit more [since this is a forum after all]. Going to Japan and all that sounds fun, Going to Hawaii sounds even better! But at the same time education is something important in everybody's story. If you already have a plan for it, Im not stopping you! While we can stay young, we can travel [if we have the means to =D] and enjoy the world at our please!
Yes indeed! Though I already took the classes in Japan last summer, so academically, the trip is worthless. I'm going for the field trips and Pokemon.

Agreeing on the Not for officials, its for the fans. Yet, remember that the audience is broad here... If you don't wanna report, people flock to wherever the news are! But at the same time, keep in mind that if one resource goes down the only one losing here is everyone [Fans, Officials, Creators, and anyone else].
Not reporting on an event that most people can't go to isn't a big deal. Besides, TPCi has their own site for Worlds anyways.

I did sounded a bit negative for a reason and not as a way of favoritism or agenda [which I have none]. Can you prove to us that you earned that disqualification? Are you sure that it was something beyond that? Biggie isnt one person, POP is a complete organization. Im sure theres more to the story, but sincerely its a personal gain, not a loss. Risks and sacrifices are made to keep the community [and the fans] happy. You took it, you got burnt, but nothing of value was lost, right? I would like to know more from both sides of the coin before drawing any more remarks to either side.
It's a long story, and I'm tired of explaining it, but everyone who knows about it agrees Biggie was too harsh and that he had other motivations for doing it. If you want to read about it go look at the PokeGym's TCG News section or something.

About the Menace of ban... Isnt that allienating your audience? Because someone didnt knew the whole reasoning and just added a quote for the sake of reflecting one's opinion under it? Hmmm, why would you even try to boast your power at me? In other words, are you mad? [which, sincerely, you shouldnt be or even wasting time on someone like me... If some birdie told you something about your site, why didnt you or him came directly to me and showed me my wrongs? I act upon proofs and facts, not menaces... And I know who told you, so no worries, I invite that person and yourself to discuss my methods, maybe I could learn something new from the process!].
Of course I was mad. I heard you said something bad about our site, something not true, and then you come here and started to say some other questionable things. But now you seem sincere, so it's okay - I was just looking too much into things (I is human afterall).

Every single person is free to do its will! I will agree! And I will continue to read and support every site that covers my favorite hobby! [Im also curious, do you have a blog? It would be nice to read]
I don't need a blog. Just because I post a personal story every once in a while does not mean I need to make one. The stories are far and few between. And besides, this website IS me, so naturally I'm going to be expressing off-topic things. I think it gives the site a personality too and allows people to get to know me better.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not on TPCi's leash like other sites, and they don't like that, so they do everything they can to personally alienate me from the game. I wanted to be a professor, something for me, and they took that away because they knew it's the only thing I wanted for myself (and if they didn't know, they were still being jerks). And it's actually not "they," it's one person on TPCi's team who has a personal grudge apparently. A few other TPCi members don't like what I do but are still respectful, others don't care, and others like me.

Everyone always bashes Jon when he posts a tiny bit about his life. ._.

Anyway, the commercials were weird, but I am looking forward to the set. Too bad it won't be until August.

And I hope you go to Japan, WPM. You've been to Worlds before, but 5th Gen is insanely more important IMO. Either way it helps the site out.

dmaster out.

Wow.Thats good graphics :).I haven't seen that kind of commercial either but still.Its seems they really are focused on this set.

As for the Cally*drama, I dont know much and sincerely I dont really pay attention to wherever the drama happens. Negative stuff has never been much of my appreciation.

Just do what you gotta do and perhaps with this explanation, others will be more knowledgeable of whats going on... Just like I did today!

And with that being said and all points taken care of, I believe that this is the end of it, right?

WPM, Hawaii would be a nice change of scenery, but I understand your reasons to go back to Japan.

Back