(1) New Pokemon Revealed: Zorua, Zoroark [2/10]

Big problem: A lot of the fan ones looked better.

For me Zoroark was a big let down. Although that was expected, I suppose. Evil Fox/Monster Fox are probably the worst classifications I've seen too. Still, on a more positive note, Zorua looks pretty decent.

To be honest, I love the Sugi art way more than the anime art. The more I look at it the more I get used to it. And now I'm fine with it. It's a good Pokemon... but since I like all Pokemon, it's hard to dislike this one xD.

I've seen a lot of translations floating around calling Zoroark "Monster fox", but had it been me I would have gone with "disguising-fox". Like Foxes in Japanese Folklore Zoroark is most likely to be able to transform (Like in the trailer the dark-looking Satoshi/Ash) so once we see its powers even "transforming/shapeshifting-fox" may not be too farfetched of a translation!
I wonder if there'll be a Tanuki Pokemon to complete the set? :D
here's hoping~

Most likely everyone will need to warm up to it.

And even if it's ugly as all hell, it could very well be an excellent Pokémon in terms of stats, movepool, etc.

Now, if it's master of illusion and has some sort of related ability, my guess is it'll have forms to at least some degree, even if they're just in battle like Cherrim. Though I'd still lend the color changes to either gender or, hopefully not, shiny.

Eh, nothing special to me :(

Zoroark seems to have shape shift abilities or just potential to make some illusion

Cant wait to see 5th generation starters :)

looks like digimon, no love
butttttt i'm sure i'll at least kind of like it later, that always happens

i think the g/s generation was the only time i actually embraced and loved new pokemon wholeheartedly, so whatever. i didn't expect anything more from generation 5.

Wow, this is pretty epic. I kind of want to completely avoid/reading about all 5th Gen. Pokemon, so that when I get the games I'll run into hundreds of Pokemon I've never heard of so it would kind of resemble my first experience playing Red/Blue. ;p

I think Zoroark's ability will have something to do with rifts/illusions. He scratched the "Z" in the trailer with his claws, kind of like he was opening a rift of time or space(If you guys remember Xiaolin Showdown (lmfao xD) there was a Tiger-Claw whatchamacallit and it opened rifts in space/time when you slashed into the air.) It might be a little too close to Dialga/Palkia's abilities, but that's what I think the trailer is hinting at. I'm predicting he's going to have High Special Attack/Attack and Speed in the games, albeit that might be jumping too far ahead. And he's probably not going to be a legendary, most likely more of what Lucario was, just revealed much earlier.

Love the Zorua! But, need to get used to the Zoroark. I like it standing on two legs, but four legs? It just looks... weird :S, nja we'll see.
Can't wait to see more genV

*Adds Zoroark to list of favorite Dark types*

Anyway, I'm surprised the revealed Zorua so soon. But then the evolution line would be too much like Lucario's.

Haha everyone said Ninetails/Mightyena legend. A legend of an existing non-important pokemon would not be the newest pokemon that is heavily involved in the new movie. LAWL. But its cool, the pre-evo looks adorable.

Seth1789110 said:
the pre-evo looks adorable.

Zorua looks like the result of a night involving Eevee and Shinx in which they accidentally spawned a demon child with a cool haircut. O:

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my last post. To all the veteran Nintendo-Video Gamers, doesn't Zoroark's face kind of remind you of Nabooru from OoT? xD Especially in this picture, look at his face (on the right) http://pokebeach.com/news/0210/corocoro-zorua-zoroark-2.jpg

*coughitslucario2cough*

Really, think about it, it probably won't be a legend, stage 1, revealed early, star a movie...

Anyway, a bit of a let down. Some of the fan art was better. Pre evo's good though. We'll see, it will grow on me, but I am still hoping for better from 5th gen..

Shining Rotom said:
Hmm, the one from Xous is better. Seriously, when Zoroark stands on 4 feet he looks really stupid and who drawed that picture of him? (not the sugimori one)

I agree with this as well. Xous's drawing has a much better design of what I thought the Pokemon could actually look like. Sure, it's actually really close, but if Xous had drawn his Pokemon on all fours, it would've looked an INFINITELY times better than what it looks like for real. Seriously, the pose just creeps me out to the extreme.

Before I thought that the Pokemon could actually be a Mightyena evolution, I thought it would be like Lucario was to Gen 4, and that looks really similar here mainly because of the pre-evolution that comes with it (who I also like more than the main Pokemon) I knew it would be a Dark type as well, it just looked that way in the silhouette. I hope Zoroark gets changed when it comes to the U.S (most likely), mainly because Zo-Roark could be like Roark's grandfather or something silly like that.

Edit: I also forgot, I had NO IDEA that this Pokemon would be Z. Seriously, I think Z should've been a Legendary by all accounts, but I thought that this new Pokemon definitely would have no place. Instead, they made it important, but even less just like Lucario. Meh.

dmaster out.

I actually think it looks great, however, the "lipstick" looks weird in the anime picture. It only really works in the sugimori art. In terms of stats/movepool it will probably be very similar to lucario. All in all, I am very pleased and I actually like it more than lucario, this generation looks very promising. Also I prefer it to xous's fanart.

I think it's not that bad. Though, if anything, I would compare it as the Absol of Generation V rather than the Lucario. Technically speaking, Lucario seems overplayed as to be used as an example. It should be from Generation I if anything then. But I hope this is gonna be a legend. I'd love gamefreak to screw us with the whole "No legendary rules" thing, it was fun with Phione. Doubtful, but still.

I hope it gets it's own attack akin to Aura Sphere and the stats to use it too. Lucario's mainly being used as SDluke, which is physical. Aura sphere is special, which sucks, since you can't use it as much or as well.

I actually adore the real thing. <333
I didn't think I would. But it is simply <333 To me.

Can't wait to see it in action. :3​

Back