(1) New Pokemon Revealed: Zorua, Zoroark [2/10]

dmaster said:
I'm looking forward to the new Ability and a new way to evolve. What other ways are there by now? 0_o

dmaster out.

I'm sorry if this is a Noobish question but what do you mean?

This thing's name and art (both of them, actually) are just like what you'd see in Spectrobes. >____>

Isn't there already a Fox Pokemon? Ninetales hello! :rolleyes:

Why do we need another Pokemon that's of the same animal type? It
just seems like a lack of originality on Nintendo's part but since it's supposed to be the Lucario of the 5th Generation I suppose it's passable...

HikaruAyame said:
Hmm new evolution method.... evolve by DISlike? It is a dark type.

That's a pretty awesome idea, actually. I'm surprised they haven't implemented that before.

And I actually think it'll look cool on four legs, and they just chose a really awkward pose (look how far its arm is behind its forward leg).

DorianBlack said:
That's a pretty awesome idea, actually. I'm surprised they haven't implemented that before.

And I actually think it'll look cool on four legs, and they just chose a really awkward pose (look how far its arm is behind its forward leg).

I think that would have a problem in America---
Animal activists would complain that it teaches children to abuse there animals.
-----
I actually like the idea, but I think it would be cool if it evolved by meeting a certain Pokemon. And some form of power from that Pokemon made it evolve(Celebi?)

Eh, animal rights groups already don't like the whole "cockfighting"/"enslavement" angle, so I doubt it'll make much difference. (Plus, we already have Frustration.)

picklelicker129 said:
I actually like the idea, but I think it would be cool if it evolved by meeting a certain Pokemon. And some form of power from that Pokemon made it evolve(Celebi?)

Do you mean evolving with a certain Pokemon in your party? We've got Mantyke who evolves like that with the help of Remoraid.

But there's no way you'd need an event Pokemon with you to evolve it.

dmaster said:
I agree with this as well. Xous's drawing has a much better design of what I thought the Pokemon could actually look like. Sure, it's actually really close, but if Xous had drawn his Pokemon on all fours, it would've looked an INFINITELY times better than what it looks like for real. Seriously, the pose just creeps me out to the extreme.

dmaster out.

Most agreed. Xous's artwork looked so much better than Zoroark, and that anime art is about as terrible as Shaquille O'Neal's ability in shooting free throws.

Sugimori's artwork of Zorua isn't bad, but it's just too much like the "puppy" Pokemon (Shinx, Poochyena, etc.) we've seen in the past. UGH! I can't get past that ugly-looking lipstick thing in Zoroark's mouth!

I hope there are better Pokemon than these in the next generation...Xous better work for PUSA and get his fanart established as a Lucario evolution! :D

Xous' one looked much better.

airconditioning said:
It's horrible and ugly and new and therefore I hate it.

But I'll warm up to him.

this lol Ill probably be seeing it alot in competitive play, depending on it's stats. Also I didn't know you were on pokebeach Air :O

zwelgbelg said:
says it's dark but doesn't it also looks like fire type to you guys?
I mean the thing on zorua's forehead definitely looks like a flame
and by the way, zoroark looks really dumb when he's on all four feet

He Does Look Like A Fire Type, And Yes, He Does Look Dumb On All Fours:cool:

These new guys look pretty nifty. I like Zoroark better on all fours.
I started sculpting them for fun today. I finished sculpting zorua, now I just need to finish zoroark.

EspeonROX said:
UGH! I can't get past that ugly-looking lipstick thing in Zoroark's mouth!
About the lipstick...

...as someone generously pointed out to us on Serebii (which is a horror to load right now), Zoro is based off of kibuki theater. They had make-up. Particularly, white on the face... and red around the eyes and mouth. Both on the humans *and* on the kitsune masks.

Now let's look at Zoro (first two syllables FTW, "ark" sounds like "aardvark"... eew).

Oh, shoot.

Zoro here has a pretty nice concept to it once you understand where it's coming from. Now I like it, like it a lot.

BTW, about there being two foxes?

I'm sure you guys haven't forgotten that we have 2 Butterflies, two Moths, 5,263 dragons, two Pokemon based off a dragonfly (Flygon and Yanma line), multiple rodents, a gazillion cats (just think about it, at least 3 normal cat lines), multiple common birds, etc. Don't have double standards please, thank you.

Looky what I found:

Z.png

Hello i am a new member, this pokemon looks like a great pokemon, i have been waiting for a new generation since 2008 and it will be my first anticipated generation

wow, they fooled us all. it's a completely new pokemon. well, i did like the mightyena evolution idea but these new pokemon are cool too. evil fox pokemon....i like it >:]

Here's proof of Generation 5 along with a movie to debut some of the new pokemon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon:_Phantom_Ruler_Z

Back