(1) Metagross BW8 Box Promo [10/26]

Heard about this earlier today while on chat.

That Metagross has one of the most amazing Abilities ever. It's like Pidgeot all over again.

So OP it's not even funny. Lugia EX consistently being streamed by T2? Scary thought. It also allows a much easier T3 Plamsa Badge+Frigate to protect your mewtwos.

...Heeyyy, did you guys like, steal RogueChomp's thunder and everything, what with him posting a Thread with the news first >.==.>//?

It may not be such a big deal eitherway, but what IS a big deal is that Metagross [Plasma]! WAAAOOOOWWHH!!!

Now you can search for ANY Plasma Card by T2? You can setup Lugia EX [Plasma] consistently, boost Snorlax [Plasma] Team Impact early, gain hand refresh from Colress, Poison Hypnotic Beam, Plasma Badge and more more more! Whoa... totally really strong.

Wonder what score it'll get when we get it? 9/10, 10/10?

Awesome ability, I just don't know if it's worth using. It's a stage 2, and has a terrible weakness, so it would probally be OHKOd as soon as it gets Catchered to the front.
But it will find its way into the format, just like Eel, against all odds.
And it has awesome artwork :)
edit: also most Plasma cards are searchable anyway, just not as good well as with Metagross.

Wait, can somebody double check the translation against Victory Star? If that last clause is translated wrong, These can stream themselves to get multiple searches per turn as soon as one gets set up.

Oh, OK then. Although that means you only need to keep 1 on the bench. Seems like it would be really good combo'd with Rescue Scarf.
Garbodor/Mewtwo is gonna be all over to counter the beast this deck is turning out to be.

Post 1000 *Confetti Streamers*

I think its a definitly a good abilitiy but it makes me wonder why Milotic DRE was never popular. I know its an attack but its a Stage 1, 1 energy for attack, 1 retreat cost and you can search ANY 3 cards. I think it will be really useful but setting up a deck to effeciently and consistently set up a stage 2 for 1 search per turn seems like a bit much to me. I guess only time will tell though. Lots of things sound good on paper but it has to match up with the meta at that time period and we dont know what that looks like yet.

DNA said:
Heard about this earlier today while on chat.

That Metagross has one of the most amazing Abilities ever. It's like Pidgeot all over again.

Ohhhh yeah. This is gonna find its way in all kinds of Plasma decks. Pretty much a staple.

Milotic DRE was never popular because it:
  • Wastes an attack that costs a Water Energy. (Colorless would have made this situation a little different...)
  • Your opponent can use N to throw those cards back into the deck.
  • Lightning Weakness.

This will boost consistency a lot. If you could pair it with magnezone it will be a great boost of consistency. The problem would be that it would be very slow AND you would still need an attacker. Running a 1-0-1 or 2-0-2 line with ditto, could help you with setting metagross out.

exdarkrai01 said:
I think its a definitly a good abilitiy but it makes me wonder why Milotic DRE was never popular. I know its an attack but its a Stage 1, 1 energy for attack, 1 retreat cost and you can search ANY 3 cards. I think it will be really useful but setting up a deck to effeciently and consistently set up a stage 2 for 1 search per turn seems like a bit much to me. I guess only time will tell though. Lots of things sound good on paper but it has to match up with the meta at that time period and we dont know what that looks like yet.
You underestimate how different an attack is from an ability. You are also probably unfamiliar with quick search pidgeot.

Sounds powerful. Probably gonna depend on how the format turns out though. The artwork on him looks odd, in a weird way, like it's too good for a standard holo. If you put his arm out of the frame, and add some effect on the boarder, it would almost look like an EX. Or maybe even a Prime if you add the sparkle next to his eye.

cf11 said:
Doesnt roserade do the same thing but better and is only a stage 1
Only when you evolve it. Metagross is able to do it consistently, which is a huge difference.

pokemonjoe said:
cf11 said:
Doesnt roserade do the same thing but better and is only a stage 1
Only when you evolve it. Metagross is able to do it consistently, which is a huge difference.

Oh yeah i guess i wasnt reading it right:p that is pretty good

Back