(1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PokemonFreak44 said:
OMG!!!!!!! GHJamesGH is a genius :D ... I totally agree with you! Below are my opinions ( if they seem like GHJamesGH's ideas, i'm sorry i also had that idea :p )

Pokedex Entries:

*Reshiram* Dragon/Fire - Reshiram flies the skies looking for a storm to clear. The legend says that if you befriend Reshiram, it'll protect you from any bad weather. It also states that if Zekrom was ever to cause a severe thunderstorm, Reshiram can help clear it up.

*Zekrom* Dragon/Electric - According to the legends Zekrom can be found in a cave that gives off electrical currents that cause thunderstorms and keep your house generators up and running. If Zekrom is disturbed he is said to cause an enormous continuous thunderstorm, that Reshiram can only resolve.

In *Pokemon Black Version* Zekrom causes a severe ongoing thunderstorm that has never cleared up. Your job is to catch Reshiram and have it clear the sky for sunny weather.

In *Pokemon White Version* the skies are clear and the folks are happy because Reshiram has done a good job guarding them, but when and angry Zekrom gets into the Isshu Region and your job is to catch it before it turns the region into a miserable ongoing storm.
Thanks for agreeing with me(and calling me a genius)!

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

greeniax said:
Also, am I the only one who thinks Zekrom's tail looks like a jet turbine?

No, me and a few other members agree with you XD

fallynleaf said:
nor is there any real evidence to suggest that he is worshiped in the pokémon series.

Except for maybe the church in Hearthome xD

I haven't read everything yet, but I think GHJamesGH is VERY close, it makes A LOT of sense !

"Reshiram represents clear skies with white clouds and Zekrom represents stormy skies with black clouds. That would be the reason why Zekrom is an electric type, and different things are translating into things relating to clouds.

This would also explain the "big version difference." In pokemon black, the skies would be stormy and you would have to catch Reshiram to light up the sky(with it's "torch" tail). This would also help justify that Reshiram is a fire type." - GHJamesGH

PokemonFreak44 said:
OMG!!!!!!! GHJamesGH is a genius :D ... I totally agree with you! Below are my opinions ( if they seem like GHJamesGH's ideas, i'm sorry i also had that idea :p )

Pokedex Entries:

*Reshiram* Dragon/Fire - Reshiram flies the skies looking for a storm to clear. The legend says that if you befriend Reshiram, it'll protect you from any bad weather. It also states that if Zekrom was ever to cause a severe thunderstorm, Reshiram can help clear it up.

*Zekrom* Dragon/Electric - According to the legends Zekrom can be found in a cave that gives off electrical currents that cause thunderstorms and keep your house generators up and running. If Zekrom is disturbed he is said to cause an enormous continuous thunderstorm, that Reshiram can only resolve.

In *Pokemon Black Version* Zekrom causes a severe ongoing thunderstorm that has never cleared up. Your job is to catch Reshiram and have it clear the sky for sunny weather.

In *Pokemon White Version* the skies are clear and the folks are happy because Reshiram has done a good job guarding them, but when and angry Zekrom gets into the Isshu Region and your job is to catch it before it turns the region into a miserable ongoing storm.
If this is the case, I see Zekrom and Kyogre being good friends, as well as Reshiram and Rayquaza.;)

Reshiram: With its wings it throws the darkness and lights the sun for morning. At sky bridge, the temparutare is 40C.
Zekrom: Puts darkness in the sky and throws the sun away and puts moon for night. At sky bridge the temparutare is 10.
If these Pokemon meet, ??? Pokemon (Another Legendary from V Gen) will appear and make them go away. If this Pokemon misses something then Isshu region starts having crazy weathers.
Reshiram lives deep in the darkness to throw the darkness away in other places, for example seas. It throws the darkness with its wings using Aeroblast (Thats good BUT) Zekrom thinks of earth that with the darkness will destroy the water Pokemon in the seas and in the skies, it will destroy the Flying type Pokemon so it throws again the darkness back. How? With its tail, it opens and from its mouth it throws with power back where it was.
In Huin City, alot of people like going via ship to see Zekrom, who lives in the south of the sea. He lives in a cave with blue rocks. (the very first revealed pictures, the one theres a cave, that one) As for Reshiram, alot of Pokemon have to go on one forest (the one we saw on a picture).
The two Pokemon are not rivals, but they have this thing to do so they are always busy expect when they see one gem. For Reshiram he has to see the Herb of Magic Gem. A black gem that shines. For Zekrom he has to see the Herb of Light Gem. A white gem that when you throw it, it will turn back to you and it will have something like blue elecric lines on it. But behind these two gems, to get them you have to make a big travel.
Herb Of Magic Gem: Go to the eastern of Isshu region, cross the trainers, go and find the Proffesor Hausin. Talk to him, make a task he asks you and for reward he tells you the secret to get the Herb of Magic Gem.
Herb of Light Gem: While walking with your very first Pokemon in the first town, a boy called Justile will talk you about some things. You don't know nothing but when you get all the eight badges you meet him again in the north of Isshu region. You make a task he asks you and the you go to Proffesor Hausin. He says to you a secret to obtain the Herb Of Light Gem.

I made a thread go see it with its continued theory!!

I think it's a little weird that Zekrom is the "bad pokémon", because it causes thunderstorms, and mostly wreaks havoc. Then Reshiram brings good weather. like, what? the good weather of DOOM?? Zekrom fits to its role, but I just can't make a fitting role for Reshiram, that makes it bad enough for you to stop it. Mabye Reshiram doesn't have good weather with sun and clear skies, but something else that somehow is bad, but also the opposite of Zekrom.

Mabye they cause bad weather, but not physical weather, but "bad weather in your mind" or something. Hm.

fallynleaf said:
A creator pokémon does exist, but Arceus is not portrayed as benevolent or malevolent, and certainly not as any true god. He is not worshiped, nor is there any real evidence to suggest that he is worshiped in the pokémon series.

I see the ancient story of Damos and the Jewel of Life in Pokemon is similar to Jesus' crucifiction. Arceus comes to the Earth to save humans and pokemon from doom. Damos helps Arceus like an Apostle, and Arceus makes a covenant with Damos by giving him the Jewel of Life, like Jesus gives us eternal life. But Damos betrays and injures Arceus like Judas betrays Jesus. Arceus is hurt, but will return after a long rest to take his wrath out on the human race, the same way Jesus rises from the dead and will return and destroy his non-followers. Since no one in the Pokemon world follows Arceus I guess he'll just destroy them all.

This all seems really farfetched, but the point I'm trying to make is that the stories of Arceus have root in the Bible. I think Arceus is meant to be the god and creator of pokemon, the supreme deity. Being that there are many different representations of God around the world, Arceus, in my opinion, is just another representation of the same God we Christians worship but in a pokemon form.

FYI I like the Night and Day Generator idea. I think you might be on the right track there. But I don't agree with the light type idea.

Sure as many other sayed...both Zekrom and Reshiram represent light (electric/fire type). The fird legendair will probably be a grass dragon then. It will represent sun light. The game then will be named ....like....rainbow....or something....(actually no idea)

Darkrai_Shadowforce said:
Rayquaza screams "Hello? I'm here!" aggressively.

If you get my point, but it's just a joke lol.

No wonder Rayquaza flies around ozone layer. It needs a good view to keep an eye on them too lol. I wonder what these legendaries powers are actually are. I like these theories, But zapdos cause storms allready but not in a way as you guys have dsicussed. If there is a 3rd counterpart would it be Dragon/Ice and would they have a trio master....

R4ndom said:
I think it's a little weird that Zekrom is the "bad pokémon", because it causes thunderstorms, and mostly wreaks havoc. Then Reshiram brings good weather. like, what? the good weather of DOOM?? Zekrom fits to its role, but I just can't make a fitting role for Reshiram, that makes it bad enough for you to stop it. Mabye Reshiram doesn't have good weather with sun and clear skies, but something else that somehow is bad, but also the opposite of Zekrom.

Mabye they cause bad weather, but not physical weather, but "bad weather in your mind" or something. Hm.

It doesnt officialy cause storms, This is all speculation....

R4ndom said:

It doesnt officialy cause storms, This is all speculation...

--------------------------

Yeah, I know it's speculations, I'm just asking questions to them...

I really hope my idea is sort of close....

A possibility for the third Pokemon to go along with Reshiram and Zekrom is.....and below is the name/type/pokedex entry :)

*Icikrom* Dragon/Ice - Icikrom controls the weather along with Reshiram and Zekrom. Legend goes by the way Reshiram and Zekrom behave. If they were ever to get into a huge colossal fight, Icikrom is rumored to come by and cause a more severe storm with it's hail and blizzard abilities.

if so i will love this idea : )

Although I love the Electric v Fire thing peope are thinking about.... Once we know for certain their secondary types.... we should be able to piece the story together...

Rember CoroCoro could leak in the next 9/10 days (yes I know.... not certain.... but my thoughts)... next week we will have a clearer look of them..

PokemonFreak44 said:
I really hope my idea is sort of close....

A possibility for the third Pokemon to go along with Reshiram and Zekrom is...and below is the name/type/pokedex entry :)

*Icikrom* Dragon/Ice - Icikrom controls the weather along with Reshiram and Zekrom. Legend goes by the way Reshiram and Zekrom behave. If they were ever to get into a huge colossal fight, Icikrom is rumored to come by and cause a more severe storm with it's hail and blizzard abilities.

if so i will love this idea : )

I don't know... the third one of the trio allways has some more bigger story. Also, it sounds alot like the Groundon v Kyogre and incomes Rayquaza plot... (ive forgot what happened in Sinnoh :S)

I think it will be like... well if it is the sky idea.. that I don't know... the third legendary lives underground and causes mass earthquakes and Reshiram and Zekrom need the players help to calm the legendary down.
But the third one won't be out until 2012/2013 time, so its too far to guess.

Might as well find out the roles that Zekrom and Reshiram play in order to find out the third counterpart. I think Zekrom and Reshiram are more so gods than guardians.

OMG!!! Ive just had a thought!!!

This might have been covered, but....

Black Version - Maybe a Blackout? The whole place turns dark... and Reshiram needs to light up the reigion again?

White Version - Maybe a like... opposite to a Blackout? :L The whole place is really bright... and Zekrom makes a thunder storm to make it rain therefore making it back to normal??

I don't know... the Black Version idea I can see.... not the White though :L

I really like the storm ideas, and I think that they are quite probable.

For clues concerning the third legendary, I suggest using the knowledge of the other game titles Nintendo has copyrighted (according to a person on this thread): Grey, Crimson and Scarlet.

I still think that they point to dusk, twilight and dawn, but if the games are storm themed rather than night/day, then it could possibly be fog, or fire.

But I really want Nintendo to do a yin/yang style plot line where the legendaries coexist and the balance must not be upset or chaos will be unleashed, such as the region plunging into endless darkness should Reshiram be taken (Black version), or endless light should it be Zekrom (White version). Cue team Twilight (or whatever) entering, seizing a legendary, and fleeing to some hideaway in the far corners of the region. The third legendary could be the defender of the balance, perhaps, or the one who upsets it.

Crimson and Scarlet... they sound like names they would have used... but decided not to.... or possibly the next generation? But they haven't even got the 5th out yet so its very unlikely.

Also, Crimson and Scarlet are like.... red. Unless theyre planning to have three different third games :L

red blastoise said:
. . . because Yin can't live without Yang, they both would almost die. . .

OMG Red Blastoise you are on a great track! What if the two merged into a Yin Yang style pokehybrid!!?? :D

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

fallynleaf said:
I really like the storm ideas, and I think that they are quite probable.

For clues concerning the third legendary, I suggest using the knowledge of the other game titles Nintendo has copyrighted (according to a person on this thread): Grey, Crimson and Scarlet.

I still think that they point to dusk, twilight and dawn, but if the games are storm themed rather than night/day, then it could possibly be fog, or fire.

But I really want Nintendo to do a yin/yang style plot line where the legendaries coexist and the balance must not be upset or chaos will be unleashed, such as the region plunging into endless darkness should Reshiram be taken (Black version), or endless light should it be Zekrom (White version). Cue team Twilight (or whatever) entering, seizing a legendary, and fleeing to some hideaway in the far corners of the region. The third legendary could be the defender of the balance, perhaps, or the one who upsets it.

Thank you!!! Finally someone else who used that theory!!! YAY! + you used it better than I did...

i think maybe that
zekrom {L} - an effect of storms
Reshiram(fire) - a cause of storms (volcanoes cause storms)
???third counterpart(ice/water) - in the middle of storms
plus they would all be dragons although i think the third one wud more likely be ice than water cause of palkia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back