(1) May 'CoroCoro' Leaks in Full - New BW2 Details! [4/11]

@pokemonmaster101, I don't work for Nintendo or have any inside info, I am making speculation but it's highly unlikley that anything new will come from this game (excludes story, area, sprites, Kyurem's formes).
No new pokemon will come from this game because
1. Kyurems signature moves being present in BW. This is one of the biggest sell points.
2. Official art for Genesect, a Pokemon that probably won't be around until the movie after movie15, this wreaks the new pokemon argument.
3. Also with Genesect, it's items that change it's form are present in BW. Also it's pokedex entry is present in BW
4. Keldeo and Moleotta being revealed as soon as BW2 info is being released, you'd think some smaller pokemon would be revealed.
The new Pokemon theory is just screwed up with Keldeo and Moleotta being revealed now. At this point in time, also new pokemon would mean that the game would be far from finished.
Watch the new movie that's coming out soon, if there are any new pokemon then at least one will be in the movie, also Meloetta and Keldeo aren't really new because of them being progaramed into BW and there being official art and sprites, same with Genesect (the pokemon that destroys the theory of new pokemon completly).
I am however completly open to there being new evolution methods for pokemon for Gen I, II,III and IV.

pokemonmaster101 said:
i like how you have become Mr know it all so i have 2 questions and 1 statement

Question 1: Do you work at game freak or Nintendo? If not, then who are you to tell people that they're wrong when you could very well end up the one that's wrong?

Question 2: What does bw have to do with new forms? I don't think I have to remind you that black and white 2 are sequels, which means they started from scratch, so they can add or take away anything they want, including forms. BTW, you forgot Meloetta; her form is not in B/W (not that that matters).

Statement 1: There is a way to add new Pokemon without it affecting the backwards compatibility to B/W. Think about it, because if I can think about it, then game freak sure can. End of story. (lol, I had to laugh at that one)

1) You don't have to work at Game Freak to have common sense.

2) No, Black and White 2 will not be including any new Pokemon any time soon, bar Meloetta and the other unreleased legends. A sequel to a Pokemon game doesn't begin adding new Pokemon wherever they like. Did Crystal and Emerald and Platinum do that? No. So what makes you think that these games will be any different?

Your statement is very weak. We've seen sequels/remakes in the past that didn't add new Pokemon, so that leads me to believe that these games will be no different. Speculation is speculation, though.

They did not start B2W2 from scratch (why should they lol), and Meloetta was present in BW (it's just hidden in the code like Genesect and Keldeo).

The Yoshi said:
1) You don't have to work at Game Freak to have common sense.

2) No, Black and White 2 will not be including any new Pokemon any time soon, bar Meloetta and the other unreleased legends. A sequel to a Pokemon game doesn't begin adding new Pokemon wherever they like. Did Crystal and Emerald and Platinum do that? No. So what makes you think that these games will be any different?

Your statement is very weak. We've seen sequels/remakes in the past that didn't add new Pokemon, so that leads me to believe that these games will be no different. Speculation is speculation, though.

1. yellow crystal emerald platinum are remakes not sequels i think someone needs to learn the difference between the two

2. never say never look i agree with you there is a 99% chance that there will be no new pokemon rather 6th gen pokemon ive said this before but you also have to consider this if game freak broke 1 tradition they can certainly do it agian

3. so basically your saying i have no common sense well im not the one calling yellow crystal emerald platinum sequels

Teal said:
They did not start B2W2 from scratch (why should they lol), and Meloetta was present in BW (it's just hidden in the code like Genesect and Keldeo).

"They did not start B2W2 from scratch"

you got me there well sort of. no they did not start it from scratch, but they didnt just make a few changes either when i said they made it from scratch i meant its not a redo its a brand new came

and yes i know they where but we where talking about new forms

Blui129 said:
@pokemonmaster101, I don't work for Nintendo or have any inside info, I am making speculation but it's highly unlikley that anything new will come from this game (excludes story, area, sprites, Kyurem's formes).
No new pokemon will come from this game because
1. Kyurems signature moves being present in BW. This is one of the biggest sell points.
2. Official art for Genesect, a Pokemon that probably won't be around until the movie after movie15, this wreaks the new pokemon argument.
3. Also with Genesect, it's items that change it's form are present in BW. Also it's pokedex entry is present in BW
4. Keldeo and Moleotta being revealed as soon as BW2 info is being released, you'd think some smaller pokemon would be revealed.
The new Pokemon theory is just screwed up with Keldeo and Moleotta being revealed now. At this point in time, also new pokemon would mean that the game would be far from finished.
Watch the new movie that's coming out soon, if there are any new pokemon then at least one will be in the movie, also Meloetta and Keldeo aren't really new because of them being progaramed into BW and there being official art and sprites, same with Genesect (the pokemon that destroys the theory of new pokemon completly).
I am however completly open to there being new evolution methods for pokemon for Gen I, II,III and IV.

your forgetting Meloetta's new form again

none of this completely debunks the theory of new pokemon. you keep talking about the black and white code we are talking about bw2 (did i make the 2 big enough for you to get the point) not bw

i want to start off by saying this i know there is a 99% chance there will be now 6th gen pokemon

now that i got that of they way

if they where to be 6th gen pokemon heres how i would do it

you finish the league the game ends you return your house your mom says she has a message for you saying to meet him in Nuvema Town you walk out your house the sender bumps into you saying he couldnt wait then asks you to battle you start the battle revealing 6 new pokemon (titled unkown in battle and on the pokedex) he then asks you if youll be going to the tanten region (i know stupid name) then says goodbye btw i would make him/her the bw main trainers the boy if you pick the girl and vice vresa

ill say this again i know no new pokemon will be in this gam but i guy can dream cant he

Even if there were new pokemon, it doesn't have to be an extra batch of 150 Pokemon. Even 10 or so is enough to call it new, maybe a few legendaries here and there, and what I wish for, new alternate final evolutions of the 3 starters, sort of like Vileplume and Bellossom, but this time, there is this item exclusive to the sequels, and when they hold it while evolving, they evolve into the alternate form, otherwise, the evolve into the normal form.

For the alternate form, probably something that has a different typing to the original, so rather than Grass, Fire, Water, they become Electric, Psychic, Ground respectively, or something like that. So basically saying, when BW2 guy talks to BW guy, and assuming they all start with a snivy, BW2 guy can say, my electrically charged Serperior is superior to your lame-o Serperior.

It isn't like the data for all the Pokemon in the game is fixed upon release, and that they couldn't just add a few more in, right? RIGHT?

Water Pokémon Master said:
^ Those sites are stupid. It just says the latest Pokemon scoop, as in, "The latest scoop about Pokemon."
It's actually says "New Pokemon Scoop", which could be taken as "scoop about a new pokemon." It doesn't downright say it, but it definitely implies it. Also saying those other sites are stupid is a pretty strong statement since they're some of the biggest pokemon sites out there. Just saying.

signofzeta said:
Even if there were new pokemon, it doesn't have to be an extra batch of 150 Pokemon. Even 10 or so is enough to call it new, maybe a few legendaries here and there, and what I wish for, new alternate final evolutions of the 3 starters, sort of like Vileplume and Bellossom, but this time, there is this item exclusive to the sequels, and when they hold it while evolving, they evolve into the alternate form, otherwise, the evolve into the normal form.

For the alternate form, probably something that has a different typing to the original, so rather than Grass, Fire, Water, they become Electric, Psychic, Ground respectively, or something like that.

It isn't like the data for all the Pokemon in the game is fixed upon release, and that they couldn't just add a few more in, right? RIGHT?

thank you finally some one who gets it

pokemonmaster101 said:

thank you finally some one who gets it

Lol, this coming from a person who played PC games back in the day, and to add new maps, they didn't have to create a brand new game, just add the files to the existing installation directory. It was called a patch. Platinum was like Game of the Year edition of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, while Diamond and Pearl was the regular Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The only difference is, if you buy Diamond, and you want to experience the extra features in Platinum, you have to buy that too. If you already own Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and you want to experience the extra multiplayer maps that the Game of the Year edition has to offer, all you do is patch RTCW version 1.0 to version 1.33, because GOTY RTCW is version 1.33, and the way you get that patch is via the internet for free, because the developers know that it is a huge rip off for someone who has to re-buy the game just for added features and fixes.

Even Doom 1 and Doom 2. Same engine, same build, but one new weapon, and a bunch of new monsters, so BW1 and BW2 could be like Doom 1 and Doom 2. Doom 1 had its own set of maps, while Doom 2 had its own set of maps, so you are essentially playing around 60 maps if you played through the single player of Doom 1 and 2. Doom 2 has the same weapon sprites to Doom 1, but they have new wall textures and animations in comparison to Doom 1. Even Final Fantasy X and X-2. I'm pretty sure X-2 has new enemies never encountered in Final Fantasy X, but I couldn't be so sure, since I haven't played X-2.

I'm telling you, people who bought Platinum for themselves, when they already have a character started in Diamond is getting scammed. Even buying the first 2 versions, when you know the 3rd version is going to be the more complete version, means you are getting scammed. I bought Pokemon White, with absolutely no intention of getting the 3rd version, and whatever missing features there are, that was my choice, and my brother, knowing that the third version has more features, decides to actually wait until the third version comes out. But as we can see, we don't really have a rip off of a third version, and we actually get brand new games with new content.

But let's say we don't get any new pokemon, it would feel like if BW2 is a semi-scam, well sort of.

signofzeta said:
Lol, this coming from a person who played PC games back in the day, and to add new maps, they didn't have to create a brand new game, just add the files to the existing installation directory. It was called a patch. Platinum was like Game of the Year edition of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, while Diamond and Pearl was the regular Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The only difference is, if you buy Diamond, and you want to experience the extra features in Platinum, you have to buy that too. If you already own Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and you want to experience the extra multiplayer maps that the Game of the Year edition has to offer, all you do is patch RTCW version 1.0 to version 1.33, because GOTY RTCW is version 1.33, and the way you get that patch is via the internet for free, because the developers know that it is a huge rip off for someone who has to re-buy the game just for added features and fixes.

Even Doom 1 and Doom 2. Same engine, same build, but one new weapon, and a bunch of new monsters, so BW1 and BW2 could be like Doom 1 and Doom 2. Doom 1 had its own set of maps, while Doom 2 had its own set of maps, so you are essentially playing around 60 maps if you played through the single player of Doom 1 and 2. Doom 2 has the same weapon sprites to Doom 1, but they have new wall textures and animations in comparison to Doom 1. Even Final Fantasy X and X-2. I'm pretty sure X-2 has new enemies never encountered in Final Fantasy X, but I couldn't be so sure, since I haven't played X-2.

are you on are side because i kind of lost now

I'm saying that the relationship between BW and BW2 is similar to the relationship between Doom 1 and Doom 2. Just because it is in the same generation doesn't mean they can't add 10 new pokemon. I mean, I've seen id software add so much content to the same game engine, with numerous Quake and Quake II expansion packs, and brand new wall textures.

Next thing that could happen, in Generation 6, they are going to release like 150 pokemon, and they release 10 new pokemon later on, sort of like You Don't Know Jack, they release 73 episodes of 11 questions each, but you can buy DLC packs of 10 episodes, each with 11 questions each, so to make it feel like you are getting new content every time. Just because there are, whatever how many pokemon there are in the game, doesn't mean that that's the final number, with the advancement in technology, Game Freak can code in 10 new Pokemon into the game every month, and we may never actually see a new generation, that is new game engine, for over 10 years, and the new pokemon must be purchased via microtransactions.

So to say, "For this pack of 10 brand new pokemon, pay $2". Something like that.

I think they will actually add DLC Pokémon - in genearation 6 for the 3DS.

Blui129 said:
@Videoland, if there are new forms for pokemon chances are that they ould have been programed into BW, this is further proven by Ice Burn and Freeze Shock being programed into BW. BW2 will only have White and Black Kyurem as new forms. End of story.

Shaymins, Giratinas and Rotoms formes weren't programmed into Diamond and Pearl, so how does that prove anything? The reason Ice brun and Freeze shock are programmed into BW are probably because Kyurem will get those moves (just like regular shaymin can get air slash) plus the fact that they don't add new moves in the middle of the generation. However, they wouldn't programe any future formes in the first games, because they would be spoiled at the release day just like the event pokémon, and they obviosly want something new to offer in the future games. An attack isn't the same thing, it doesn't matter that much if its spoiled..

Videoland said:
Shaymins, Giratinas and Rotoms formes weren't programmed into Diamond and Pearl, so how does that prove anything? The reason Ice brun and Freeze shock are programmed into BW are probably because Kyurem will get those moves (just like regular shaymin can get air slash) plus the fact that they don't add new moves in the middle of the generation. However, they wouldn't programe any future formes in the first games, because they would be spoiled at the release day just like the event pokémon, and they obviosly want something new to offer in the future games. An attack isn't the same thing, it doesn't matter that much if its spoiled..

Ah, the formes weren't in DP, but the placeholders were: http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/placeholder-for-kyurem-forme-found-in-black-and-white-coding

I just noticed something that I didn't before when I read the translation post that I did ' and Why some kind of accident that occurred in a rural location two years later, what relationship.' is what it says or something along the lines of that.

What do you think this means. My full translation is a couple of pages back.

The problem with DLCs is that you have to go in and alter the DS carts themselves. Not only that, but you now have compatibility issues with people who didn't buy the DLC, effectively gimping everyone. Even if GF were to make it so buyers of the DLC would only be compatible with buyers of the DLC, you still have the issue of gimping everybody and I'd imagine it's not an easy feat to do if you're using the same game system.

Cinesra said:
The problem with DLCs is that you have to go in and alter the DS carts themselves. Not only that, but you now have compatibility issues with people who didn't buy the DLC, effectively gimping everyone. Even if GF were to make it so buyers of the DLC would only be compatible with buyers of the DLC, you still have the issue of gimping everybody and I'd imagine it's not an easy feat to do if you're using the same game system.
DLC is possible on the 3DS. I don't think it's an issue. When someone connects to Wi-Fi it just has to force an update (updates automatically), and when you connect to a friend your 3DS installs the update on the friend's 3DS. :) (This has actually been done before in Pokémon - Emerald/FR/LG => R/S [time unfreeze].)

pokemonmaster101 said:
and yes i know they where but we where talking about new forms

your forgetting Meloetta's new form again

Honestly, I think you're the one who talks a lot but you don't really know you're talking about.
First of all, both Meloetta's forms are in BW's code.
Second thing, these games are still generarion V games. There won't be new pokémon because this isn't the start of a new gen and Genesect is still unrevealed. Also, even if there were new formes, there would have to be placeholder data in BW and the only pokémon which had such data was Kyurem. The only possibility would be a new forme for a pokémon that already has multiple forms in BW.

Metalizard said:
Honestly, I think you're the one who talks a lot but you don't really know you're talking about.
First of all, both Meloetta's forms are in BW's code.
Second thing, these games are still generarion V games. There won't be new pokémon because this isn't the start of a new gen and Genesect is still unrevealed. Also, even if there were new formes, there would have to be placeholder data in BW and the only pokémon which had such data was Kyurem. The only possibility would be a new forme for a pokémon that already has multiple forms in BW.

how many times do i have to say theses games are black and white 2 not black and white

i know there wont be any new pokemon (like ive said in every single one of my post) but at the same time never say never. to say there wont be any other new forms because of the black and white code is complete stupidity. im sure they had place holders for giratina shaymin rotom in d/p but yet the dont change form in d/p only in platinum. so they can easily make new forms if they wanted to. when you want to make an argument do the research yes i know taht theres place holders but that and as for Meloetta were were talking about unrevealed forms so dont come at me and say i dont know what im talking about

^Unrevealed forms?? Both meloetta and its other form were officially unrevealed until now... The gap between the official reveal of one form and the other was only like 1 month or something...

Back