(1) "Just Ain't True" Quiz [5/24]

No he can't be poisoned by toxic spikes :)
And actually he can never be poisoned!! mark my words! steelix can not be poisoned
twinneedle does not poison steeltypes any more after generation 2
Victreebel can be poisoned, for example when it poisons a Mew, synchronize, boom!, we have a poisoned victreebell.

EDIT:eek:f course you are wrong

;)

*cougheffectsporecough*

Steelix can also be poisoned by Toxic Orb.

Also you said Synchronize. That dosen't work on any of them. Play Colosseum and you'd know.

Brawler said:
Smeargle has two possible abilites. Impossible means no matter what it has, it can't be affected. Smeargle can have Technician and be confused. It's completely possible.

Let's see...first 2 are affected by Tri Attack.

Darkrai can be hit by Dark Void or Effect Spore.

Ape is hit by Tri Attack.

Smeargle is Confused when it has Technician.

Victreebel is hit by Effect Spore or Toxic Orb.

So is Steelix.

here are a couple of corrections for you:

Let's see...first 2 are affected by Tri Attack.
-correct
Darkrai can be hit by Dark Void or Effect Spore.
-correct
Ape is hit by Tri Attack.
-correct again
Smeargle is Confused when it has Technician.
-or skill swap
Victreebel is hit by Effect Spore or Toxic Orb.
-toxic orb will not poison victreebel and effect spore will not either
So is Steelix.
-toxic orb will poison steelix, so will effect spore and poison point, and I'm not sure about twinneedle

And WPM, how can you forget the Articuno Zapdos and Moltres card? lol

control said:
-toxic orb will poison steelix, so will effect spore and poison point, and I'm not sure about twinneedle

I am 100% sure about Twineedle. Happened to me more then just once.

I'm fairly certain that Normalize Delcatty can make all of these things possible. Someone might want to doublecheck, but it looks like it might've been overlooked while the quiz was being made.

ArrEmmDee said:
I'm fairly certain that Normalize Delcatty can make all of these things possible. Someone might want to doublecheck, but it looks like it might've been overlooked while the quiz was being made.

Checked. It works.

@ control: The ArtZapMolt card has 120 HP, not 200. It does 200 damage.

@ everyone else: Quiz fixed. Thanks for pointing out the errors! For once we were wrong!

Lol at the error poll. Guessed and I know I got it wrong. :/

dmaster out.

Yeah, this was mainly my fault actually. I had no idea about the tri attack thing.

Sorry guys! XD

There was no mistake in the original quiz. Fire Pokemon can not be burned at all. Not even through Tri-Attack

Steelix can be poisoned, though not through Twinneedle. Steelix needs to use Mimic to learn Camouflage from Starmie, and then When it uses it, it will become a normal type. It can then be poisoned.
Glalie can be frozen by the same method Steelix can be poisoned. (I'm pretty sure Ice Pokemon can still be frozen, but this is "easier" to state right now)
Smeargle can use be confused.
Darkrai can put to sleep.
Rhydon can be paralyzed with Normalize Thunder Wave (Cause I'm cool I do it that way)
Victerbell can be poisoned the same way Steelix can be.
Infernape cannot be burned by Tri Attack. It can not use Mimic, due to it being a 4th gen pokemon and not having access to the 3rd gen move tutors.

Just curious, but where do you know this from? After people in the thread pointed it out, I checked around various sites, and they all seem to agree with Tri attack being able to burn Infernape.

RB Golbat said:
Rhydon can be paralyzed with Normalize Thunder Wave (Cause I'm cool I do it that way)
great job pointing out the normalize! a pokemon could skill swap normalize and any of the above could be possible!(steel types CAN be poisoned, so a normalized poison gas will work.) For the others, tri-attack will work.)

Every site (smogon, bulbapedia, serebii) i've read has said that fire types can not be burned at all.

Oh, and the steel and poison types prevent poison from happening at all. Normalize doesn't get around that

scampy said:
Just curious, but where do you know this from? After people in the thread pointed it out, I checked around various sites, and they all seem to agree with Tri attack being able to burn Infernape.

He's a researcher on Smogon.

Bippa201 said:
Yes, but couldn't a Flame Orb burn Infernape?

You don't even need to get THAT complicated.

Tri-Attack or Will o Wisp will do that. =/

People all voted for "none of the above". HELLO! IT WASN'T THERE LAST TIME, SO IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT THAT! :p

Steel is poisoned from Effect Spore
Darkrai is asleep from Effect Spore (or Hypnosis, even. =/)
Rhyperior is paralyzed from Stun Spore, or Effect Spore
Victreebel is poisoned from Poison Point, or Twinneedle
Articuno's frozen from Tri-Attack

Smeargle has Own Tempo. Prevents confusion, even if it uses an attack like Pedal dance. Smeargle's the answer.

EDIT: Lol, I phail Skill swap on Smeargle, swap abilities. None of The Above are Impossible.

Back