(1) June's 'CoroCoro' Leaks! [6/12]

OU Pokemon said:
Oh no, 300 HP Kyurem EX. This power creep has gotten so bad... Okay, time to really express what I'm gonna say, THE RAPTURE HAS COME!!:angry

In other news: I'm definitely withdrawing from the real TCG meta for now. Reason: Power creep

Man, first of the 300 HP are still only available with a tool that is most likely a max of 1 of in decks, which means drawing in it is already pretty hard, additionally we have Tool Scrapper which should be played already in most decks because of the slightly chance of running into Garbador.
I don't really see this beeing too powerful. it might be playable, but no reason to quit playing the TCG we love. ^^
Oh yeah another reason I'm not afraid of this thing: Hydreigon and Garchomp will be Top Tier decks the time this coming out (which isn't before November which is far enough time to solve the problem) and both have a chance onehitting it (though they might need PlusPower, but if we calculate with a one of card on Kyurem we can also do this with the PlusPower) even with the Tool attached.

So calm down, it could be worse. =D

There isn't exactly a guarantee that you'll have a Tool Scrapper in your hand when it enters play, however. A smart player might wait and just play up Eviolites and such, waiting for you to waste your Tool Scrappers, and then play the "Uber-Tool" when they think you're all out. Then you may be up a creek.

I do agree that you have a valid point - Tool Scrapper's existence makes this a lot easier to bear - but even so, it's a very overbearing effect. I can only hope that it's prized or something ridiculous.

I've already said I'll probably quit (or at least step back) when it hits the States. The thought of having to deal with that is not something I like.

Isn't Black Kyurem the one with the crappy second attack the needs recharge?

ComfortEagle said:
Isn't Black Kyurem the one with the crappy second attack the needs recharge?
Yes it is.

{W}{L}{L}{C} Freeze Bolt 150
This Pokemon can't use Freeze Bolt during your next turn.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is then. The only way to play around it is to load up another Black Kyurem and either retreat/play switch to the next charged up Kyurem. Have fun building them up with their terribad attack costs.

ComfortEagle said:
I honestly don't see what the big deal is then. The only way to play around it is to load up another Black Kyurem and either retreat/play switch to the next charged up Kyurem. Have fun building them up with their terribad attack costs.
Have I told you lately that I love you nohomo for your brilliant insights?

(As for the two Uber-tools, I personally am more worried about the White one.)

JuStuPro said:
Man, first of the 300 HP are still only available with a tool that is most likely a max of 1 of in decks, which means drawing in it is already pretty hard, additionally we have Tool Scrapper which should be played already in most decks because of the slightly chance of running into Garbador.
Plus there is no Junk Arm in the next format.

Teal said:
Plus there is no Junk Arm in the next format.

..,which reminds me that there is Sableye next format, which allows you to get that card back as well as something else like Catcher or Switch. Might not be that effective though because Black Kyurem gets hit when it loses its tool then Sableye gets KOed (or they catcher the Black Kyurem and kill it before you can reattach the tool, so meh).

Dark Void said:
..,which reminds me that there is Sableye next format, which allows you to get that card back as well as something else like Catcher or Switch. Might not be that effective though because Black Kyurem gets hit when it loses its tool then Sableye gets KOed (or they catcher the Black Kyurem and kill it before you can reattach the tool, so meh).

It's out now, the DE one is the new Junk Arm

Though recharge is needed, The 300 Hp Kyurem can switch out, removing the affect. Its a Dragon Rush type move, where the effect is removed when moved to the bench. Then you retreat back into it. The card will see some play, but the fact that it cannot operate w/o Leavanny to rid of its weakness is bad. I'd much rather run consistency with Garchomo than run a tank and have to either manually attach or set up Stage 2s with no built in draw to just remove weakness. I can see this going like quad entei, having tons of healing and Leavanny. Its too slow though.....and yes I just contradicted my post where I said it was fast....

JuStuPro said:
I don't really see this beeing too powerful. it might be playable, but no reason to quit playing the TCG we love. ^^
Oh yeah another reason I'm not afraid of this thing: Hydreigon and Garchomp will be Top Tier decks the time this coming out (which isn't before November which is far enough time to solve the problem) and both have a chance onehitting it (though they might need PlusPower, but if we calculate with a one of card on Kyurem we can also do this with the PlusPower) even with the Tool attached.

So calm down, it could be worse. =D

If that's the case, I'll just cut it back then.

Back