(1) Japan's September Set: BW7 'Plasma Gale' [6/25]

RE: (10 Japan's September Set: BW7 'Plasma Gale' [6/25]

"Plasma Gang's Power" sounds like a reiteration of Trainer's Pokemon/SP's. Just what we need >_>

RE: (10 Japan's September Set: BW7 'Plasma Gale' [6/25]

My birthday! 8D

I hope we get some new kind of mechanic for this. It sounds like a great set. D:

PS: (1) not (10 ;D

I REEEEALLY hope they're not going to bring back the SP mechanics...... But if they do, there BETTER be some Eeveelutions among them! *shot*

In all seriousness, though, they better not bring back SPs. They already had their spotlight in the last format.

Maybe we might finally see support for evolutions? *being over-hopeful*

Thanks a lot, Pokemon, for copying my name.

But yeah, sounds cool. Been wondering when we would get a Plasma-based set.

I loved SP pokemon and the complexity it used to bring to the game with Poketurns, Cyrus's etc. However, I think it's too soon that they're bringing out something similar to that format.

The master set sounds interesting. Will we actually get anything that's playable as a predetermined collection? I don't know.

Oooooooooh, sounds promising. I wonder which Team Plasma the set is referring to...the old Team Plasma or the new Team Plasma? Maybe it's both and they face off against each other like in Team Magma vs Team Aqua...
Either way, Achroma needs to be in this set or else PCL will experience my fanboyish rage.

"Also, Lugia will be featured on both deck sleeves and a deck box releasing in September."

Found this on another site with the same news story! (but sadly there was no pictures)

(I'm probably going to get some hate for saying this) I hope this set doesn't bring back SP, I hated them not because I couldn't afford LuxChomp, but because the entire deck mechanic was way over-powered and had no drawbacks what-so-ever. (the final nail in the coffin was when I finnaly got enough stuff to build LuxChomp (so I could use it and see if it was the OP deck I thought it was) they decided to ban the use of Japanese cards, meaning I could never play it in time for rotation) The only SP deck I ever played with was DialgaChomp, and I tore it appart because I didn't enjoy playing with it.

I hope we start getting SPs~
I'd love to see trainer Pokemon again.

I also hope we start getting a power balance soon because I'm really not liking the way the format is going right now .n.
SPs would definitely be great. Who knows, maybe we'll see Gym Leader pokemon? I'd love to build a skyla deck.

Hmmm... If everyone is so upset about SPs, have you considered something like:
Plasma's Weedle (Basic)
Plasma's Kakuna (Put on Plasma's Weedle)
Plasma's Beedrill (Put on Plasma's Kakuna)

(plasma) sage's training reprint please...

with lugia being the cover-'mon, are we going to get a lugia EX?

regarding SP, the thing that really pushed them over was all the trainer support (poketurn, energy turn, power spray, cyrus). We already have superpowered basics, they just lack the trainer support that SPs did. however, the 'ace spec' mechanic means that they are already bordering on super-powerful trainers and it will be interesting to see how they expand on this mechanic.

anyway, I for one welcome our glorious plasma overlords (ghetsis and with his level 54 hydreion)

Like many of you, I'm sensing a return of owner's/SP Pokémon. Based on how much it affects the meta, I think it could either be a good thing or absolutely disastrous. Then again, I don't play the card game anymore, so...

With Lugia on the pack art, though, I'm curious about one thing...whether it'll be Psychic or Water-type. I'm assuming that the Water-type it was given in the LEGEND-era was to provide a nice foil to Ho-oh's Fire and that Lugia will be its proper Psychic-type in the BW series, but I could be wrong.

I'm starting to think here, if we're seeing SP Pokemon return, and the possibility of more than just Team Plasma, it's likely we'll get SP cards for the World Tournament trainers as well.

Could help the card game for quite a few sets.

What's with all the talk about SPs? Does the fact that the set focuses on an evil team give any indication?
There weren't any SP-like Pokemon in the Team Rocket sets or the Team Magma/Team Aqua set.
Besides, the format is already dominated by basics...do we really need anarchy?

EDIT: However, like those sets previously mentioned, they introduced new "archetypes" of sorts. I wouldn't be surprised if this set introduced a new "archetype" as well, which I guess could be this format's equivalent of SPs...

Sweeeet, finally we get Lugia (who is hopefully not a water type). Yea I just hope it's not a Team Plasma's Lugia or anything like that. I just want a straight up normal Lugia or EX version.

I never understood why they would make Lugia a Water-type in the TCG, it's Psychic/Flying in the VG, which is Psychic and Colorless in the TCG.

Lugia has been both Colorless and Psychic in the TCG before so while I understand Lugia is the guardian of the Sea, and is still weak to electric types, it never looks right when it's water type.

Back