(1) Japan's BW5 in March: 'Dragon Blade' and 'Dragon Blast' [12/19]

Man, more Dragon sets. It's funny because how long it is going to take to see these cards in the US. I can't wait until we start seeing scans, hopefully there are some playable Dragon Types.

Now that these are coming out in Japan in March, It's very likely TPCi will just combine Dragon Selection with these other Dragon Sets, and that will probably be our US April/May or August Set.

Wow... When I think they can't surprise me anymore, they do. Now, I don't know what Dragon Selection will actually contain. I think that maybe it won't have all Dragon Pokémon and may have pokémon from other types...

Hang on...
BW1 - Black and White
BW2 - Red
BW3 - HB/PD
BW4 - DR

Which means that unless WPM has made a typo, Dragon Selection (as previously announced), is broken into these two sets? I'll wait for any corrections though :p

There has been some speculation if Draon-types will continue in the TCG after Dragon Selection, and know we know they will. Dragon Selection's EXs will probably just be Rayquaza-EX, Latios-EX, and Latias-EX. All three have beenn revealed for Dragon Selection already. EXs and full arts have all been legendaries so far, so it's not likely that will stop now. Zoroark wasn't an EX in Dark Rush, and it was the set's mascot, so I think only legendaries can be EX. The only Dragon-type legendaries are Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus (with the Draco Plate), Reshiram, Kyurem, and Zekrom, and Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza will be in Dragon Selection. Arceus needs a plate to be Dragon, so I can only see him in his regular Normal-type form as an EX (mayebe a secret rare holo Dragon-type Arceus). The last 6 dragons are the Creation trio and the Tao trio, and Pscho Drive and Hail Blizzard had 3 EXs each. Also, Garchomp is from the 4th gen, just like the Creation trio, and Hydreigon is from thee 5th gen, like the Tao trio. Mayebe the Tao trio will be the EXs in one of the two sets while the Creation Trio are in the other? I'm still expecting Dialga-EX and Palkia-EX, though. Just like Groundon-EX and Kyoge-EX, I think they will be split into both sets. I can't wait for more information! Mayebe the booster packs will reveal an EX or two?

EDIT: @ D.N.A, Dragon Selection is a mini-set, so it doesn't count as a real set. It would be like BW 4 and a half.

D.N.A said:
Hang on...
BW1 - Black and White
BW2 - Red
BW3 - HB/PD
BW4 - DR

Which means that unless WPM has made a typo, Dragon Selection (as previously announced), is broken into these two sets? I'll wait for any corrections though :p

Dragon Selection is not BW4, it's a mini-set.

D.N.A said:
Hang on...
BW1 - Black and White
BW2 - Red
BW3 - HB/PD
BW4 - DR

DS is just called that, it doesn't have a BW_ name.

Edit- Too slow

Sigh.

The possibility still exists the new type will fade away in time like a sort of 'era' mechanic (think SP, maybe), but for now, the typing is here to stay. Congrats to everyone deadset on seeing it maintained.

Furn said:
DS is just called that, it doesn't have a BW_ name.

Edit- Too slow

The goat in that picture scared me for some odd reason.

It will be weird if we get scans from these sets before we get scans from Dragon Selection.

One Dragon set was cool. But now two mini sets based around the Dragon type? I honestly hope Dragon Selection or the two Dragon mini-sets aren't packed with Dragon types >.>

Futachimaru said:
One Dragon set was cool. But now two mini sets based around the Dragon type? I honestly hope Dragon Selection or the two Dragon mini-sets aren't packed with Dragon types >.>

Dragon Blade and Dragon Blast are full sets. Dragon Selection was probably just to introduce dragons to the TCG.

Zekrom Black said:
Dragon Blade and Dragon Blast are full sets. Dragon Selection was probably just to introduce dragons to the TCG.

That still doesn't change my statement.

2012's the year of the dragon, so I guess it makes sense to have a bunch of dragon sets. My money is on the possibility that after 2012 comes to a close, the Dragon type will be done. :p

Oh, and inb4 BW's Reshiram and Zekrom get reprinted as Dragon types.

So many dragons... this must be heaven. :)

Seriously, this is extremely awesome. I don't care whether they suck or if they're broken, but I will be playing Dragons as soon as they become available.

We're likely to get a big dragon set in America, since DS is pretty small and our sets are usually around 100 cards.

Can't way for these dragons!!!

Broken Pokemon EX said:
What does it mean by "beginning set?" I was really confused by that part of the news article.

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. It sounds like a smaller set meant to get people started (at least, that's what I interpret it as). I sounded like there have been other beginning sets in the past, so I'll look into those and post again tomorrow.

Back