(1) Isshu's Starter Evolutions Leaked; Another New Pokemon [9/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING, LONG POST.

Wow, being on vaycay makes you uber late to the party.

I'm here today to play Devil's Advocate. It's fun <3

Let us examine the most recent complete set of starters, or the Gen 4 starters, and these disputed starter evolutions, to try and come to a conclusion - or simply to add more fuel to this fire.

100px-387Turtwig.png
->
220px-388Grotle.png
->
170px-389Torterra.png

First, Turtwig up to Torterra. Through the entire evolution, it retains the "beak" of its mouth, and Grotle adds a line on the green that Turtwig had, preparing it to be black. The feet of Turtwig are yellow, which grow claws, and then become darker and in a larger region. Its cheeks are puffed out and become spiky until finally becoming spikes. The sprout it has becomes a bush and then a tree. In my opinion it is fairly straightforward that Turtwig becomes Torterra.

180px-494Tsutarja.png
->
rumored-tsutaaja-evos.jpg

Tsutaaja changes slightly between its first and second evolutions. It grows more leaves on its back, retaining its tail leaf. its stomach stays the same color and the bands on it move downward, and its collar becomes more predominate. Its arms shorten and its head grows a spike. Between 2nd form and 3rd is a bit difficult to connect but can still happen. Its collar seems to retain the yellow only on the inside, and the tan of its belly has become blue, with the band seemingly disappearing or becoming the yellow ivy on its back. Its arms seem to dissolve into a curl on its collar, and its back leaves migrate to the end of its tail, its tail leaf and feet disappearing completely. in my personal opinion, I don' think its tail leaf would disappear, but I could very well be wrong.

120px-390Chimchar.png
->
210px-391Monferno.png
->
220px-392Infernape.png

Ah, the Chimchar line... this one is weird. The head changes drastically, but really, that's about it. The stomach, with a spiral on it, grows into two golden spirals, and the tuft of Monferno's neck becomes the white on most of Infernape's body. It seems the toes and fnigers darkened and then became blue.

190px-497Pokabu.png
->
rumored-pokabu-evos.jpg

Ah, Pokabu! the wonderful fire starter. The evolution is a little bit confusing but mostly straightforward, marking wise, advancing the "real" theory. However in defense of those who think it to be fake, the yellow flare above its nose disappears and then reappears in orange on the final evolution. Also its tail seems to be strange - why it would go from red to black seems odd, however, it may happen. To counter that, its eyes seem to remain similar throughout.

95px-393Piplup.png
->
180px-394Prinplup.png
->
210px-395Empoleon.png

Piplup and I have a love/hate relationship. I love its final form and I think it is a bit cute, but I also hate it because, though cute, I think it looks... a bit stupid. But that's just me! Piplup is straightforward like the Turtwig line. Its beak follows the curve of its eye area, growing into metal arcs and then coming up into a trident. The zigzag on its forehead remains through all of its evolutions, and the blue of its head evolves downward as it goes, changing from a bonnet to a vest to a suit, and the "buttons" become more and then become a cravat type design. Its feet simply become more detailed, and its wings begin to show blade qualities in second stage, maturing upon third.

180px-500Mijumaru.png
->
rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg

Mijumaru, how cute! It gets darker in its second form, and its "sweater" becomes a sort of ninja belt, its freckles becoming whiskers, and its arms getting dark tips. A spike also appears on its head. From there, the shells become arm braces and the spike becomes a conch with a horn, while the whiskers are more grown in and the belt becomes chest armor. However in defense of those who think it is fake, the stretch from hair tuft to conch shell seems large, as well as the disappearance of its dark tail, hands and feet. However, its final evo seems to be that of a Giant Otter, which is no stretch from the original form.

Have fun with all of that.

Zaykorz... change the wording in your post, it sounds extremely contradictory, I get what you mean though ;)

@SS: You prove a very valid point, despite this just being beta art in the first image of Tsutaaja's 1st stage.

I just really don't know about these. They're really suspicious to me at this point.
Pokabu's evolution & Tsutaaja's evolutionary line look great to me, but Mijumaru's evolutionary line and 2nd stage Pokabu are just awful >_>

@Reaperrayneshad -excellent post. You canged my opinion slightly. I now think tis more possible that these could be real,but as i'v already stated, even though i'm heavily arguing they are fake, I woul not be dissapointed i they end up being real. I believe that there is still more evidence, however, showing they are fake. Once again if they are real it wouldn't be that bad, in fact, Mijumau's final evois B.A., Tsutajas is also awesome. Im not a fan of pokabu's though :(

and sorry if there's alot of spelling errors in there, I have a messed up keyboard :/

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see them in action in the anime, fully animated and such.

Haha, I just like making long posts. Oh, another thing: this... may not have any relevance, but the rest of the sheets that the evolutions are on seem to be covered with books, as you can see writing on the spines. It may just have been used to section off only the evolutions, but it might have some relevance, so... there you go.

I think the last gif SS brought us brough an incredibly revealing evidence, that being simple porpotional artistic mistakes with the eye, I highly doubt Gamefreak would suddenly turn so lax. Now you may disagree with their more recent designs, but you can't really point out any major artistic errors like he pointed out.

Has anyone noticed that the back sprites of the monkeys are identical besides the top of the head?
I might be seeing it wrong, but if the monkey sprites are the SAME except for the head, i'm going to be really upset, i mean. Plusle and Minun were basically the same pokemon, but they had different sprites, so these monkeys should too.

if they don't... then.... i dunno.

grrrr.

What I'm concerned about is their stats. The tsutaaja one seems to be another snake pokemon, and snake pokemon (with the exeption of arbok, gyarados,and ekans) focus on sp attack over regular attack.
Mijimaru follows a design that has been used by previous starters: an oddly shaped head and strong legs. It will probably be slow and powerful with moderate defense. Pokabu follows the well-balanced biped design, so it's stats could be like empoleon or feraligatr. That's my opinion anyway.

@ ReaperRayneShad
2rniwrn.jpg

I'll have a go.
Tsutarja's head grows longer and his leaf blossoms into a tail.

Pokabu matures as a boar and his ball tail developed into a bomb.

Mijumaru becomes an adult, and it's shell grows with it as it is a useful weapon.

What you did has no value. You simply explained how the starters change. Anyone can do that at face value, and it proves nothing.

I can totally see Pokabu's evos, but I was really hoping that his evolutions would be quadrupedal boar-like pokemon. Also Mijumaru's 1st evolution looks like it's colored wrong, and Tsutaaja's and Mijumaru's 2nd evolutions just Look extremely fake. I would be VARY disappointed if they are real. DX

Yay for monkey trio!!!! :D

@Johto-Master: Those final evos look better than the ones that are currently being discussed.

Here's one of the 3rd stages, I'm not sure if I even have to bother looking at the other two due to the huge errors in this one . . .
14nhhg4.gif

@wowzers because pokabu would look awsome as a boar but i guess when people look at pokabu their natural instincts think it's gonna be a boar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back