(1) Isshu Starter's English Names Revealed! [11/22]

Face it guys, you would have complained if they chose Smugleaf, Pignite and Wotter. Stop being such idiots and move on.

^They'd be saying "Way to go NOA, you've just killed a meme."

Not like everyone else hadn't ruined it.

I like the new names. Oddly, Tepig is the best name, i dont really like pokabu, not my kind of pokemon... Oshawott is interesting, but it could be improved. Snivy, just to plain and obvious.

I am thinking of alternative names right now, as they are somewhat atrocious. Right now, all I have is Oceotta for Mijumaru. I'll keep thinking in the meantime.

XieRH: How Dare write that!!! :mad: You just a Jerk! So mess with another Comment like that, i'm gonna banned you!

Stop being a Whine Baby, be Nice to the Names, and let it go you troll!

How so? Oceotta is a mixture of ocean and otter, said like this: O-see-ot-a. It sounds very nice to me. Plus, it's better than the ugly name Oshawott, which does not do the cute otter any justice.

I still say these names aren't that terrible compared to others we've had, and that they're actually pretty creative. Like another guy said in a post I'm too lazy to search for right now, people probably don't commonly use words like "tepid" in everyday conversation. A lot of us probably don't use the word "snide" either. I know at least little kids don't, and these are the people the games are targeted at after all.

And I happen to think Oshawott sounds cool, though I think that's because of how I pronounce it. Actually hearing how the name should be said might make some people on both sides change their minds about it.

Really, as I've said before, we've had worse names. Even the Japanese names can be quite lame. Haunter's is just Ghost, Krabby's is just Crab (not that his English name is any better) and even in the 5th Gen. we have Gear. The Japanese just have a way of making our words sound awesome so I guess that's why no one really complains about the original names.

I really think if the original name was Oshawott and NoA decided to call him Mijumaru, everyone would be going "What the heck, Nintendo? That name sucks and so do you! I will never ever call him that ever in my life! Instead, I'm making up my own name for him because I refuse to accept yours! Go lie on some track trains, Nintendo! You've ruined Pokémon!"

Joeypals!! said:
I am thinking of alternative names right now, as they are somewhat atrocious.

It's just my opinion but I think that is a bit of a silly thing to do...
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nice to meet you, I'm Jeff!"

"Jeff sounds like an atrocious name IMO... I'm calling you Martin. It's a better name than 'Jeff', which does not do you any justice."

------------------------------------------------------------------

See? :p

What I'm trying to say is you don't just disregard something and try to cover it up with some personally-installed facade just cos you dislike it. Unless of course it's just a 1-shot thing about brainstorming names and you still fully intend to acknowledge and utilize the official name...

lotusoftheleaf said:
The Japanese just have a way of making our words sound awesome

Not really... it's just a cultural difference. Basically the Japanese version of an English word just appends a "u" at the back most of the time... :D

OMG! The official Pokemon Black and White English site just revealed Zorua and Zoroark. They keep their names too as expected!

@teeboy~ Stay on topic. Post in the other thread about Zorua and Zoroak. Even if this was posted before WPM posted this on the main site, you could've PMd him about it or not posted at all.

poke beach rocks !

when will the next post be on black and white

your mom

hi!:)

I really like the names. Tepig is the best because it is very cretive and i didn't expect it. Snivy, heard it a bunch of times, they could have done better. And with Oshawott, ummm,, unusual... Dont really understand where that came from..

Back