(1) Information on Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion [12/13]

I calculated Hoopa's base Defense as 67. If you take the boosted value and divide by the bonus, you will get the neutral nature value if you chop off the remainder. so 155 / 1.1 = 140 - 5 = 135 / 2 = 67.

This is assuming an IV of 0, so it's somewhere near there. Maybe base 70?

Hoopa is so awesome I just can't... <3 Hyperspace Hole is WITHOUT ANY DOUBTS gonna be one of my favorite moves.

Volcanion looks ok. Steam Eruption is just Scald V2 though. Hmh, didn't expect anything too cool anyways.

On the other hand, Diancie seems pretty cool. Diamond Storm shall be my main Rock pwnage move from now on. :D

Leads me back to my first Question. How do you think Volcanion would tie into the game, since we know it has to do with the Lumiose City blackouts?

TyranitarTube said:
Leads me back to my first Question. How do you think Volcanion would tie into the game, since we know it has to do with the Lumiose City blackouts?

It would be awesome if one of the locked Power Plant doors would lead under Lumiose, and you could fight and catch Volcanion in some sort of a ... thingy. Or maybe just some steam-filled hall in the plant itself.

If you'd get Diancie in the Reflection Cave with some sort of a Carbink-related event, that would be so cool.

As you have maybe noticed, I'm really hyped for these three Pokémon.

We don't know what their abilities are, but we can discern the natures from the color coding on the stats screen.

Hmm. All of their speeds seem to be pretty low.

Volcanion seems to have the most known about it, so do you guys think it'll have the first Movie of the three?

Honeyichigo said:
Not likely, since Diancie apparently comes before it in the dex.

Yeah, but I'm talking about games before the sequel/3rd version. I'd like to go into the other bits of the power plant in XY, not X2Y2/Z/W.

I feel we won't be able to. Unless the power plant has an event that activates when you meet a certain requirement, the only way you would be able to do so is through a DLC. I rememeber hearing from somewhere that "Pokemon X and Y are confirmed to not have an DLCs." Is that true?

TyranitarTube said:
I rememeber hearing from somewhere that "Pokemon X and Y are confirmed to not have an DLCs." Is that true?

Do patches count as DLC?
Also, Event Torchic sorta counts.

It was either no paid DLC or no DLC that rebalanced the game (changing stats or type advantages or what have you), not no DLC at all.

Wait, did the Information we got about 2 weeks ago about their abilities (Impractical, Steamed-Up, Shining Jewel) come from WPM? Because he seems to be legit on his information, as the signature moves turned out to be real.

TyranitarTube said:
I don't think it came from WPM. What exactly were the descriptions of these 3 "abilities?"

- Hoopa's ability is Impractical, which makes opponents moves miss every other turn. This ability can be bypassed by Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze.

- Volcanion's ability is supposedly Steamed-Up, which gives an extra 40% boost to its STAB moves.

- Diancie's ability is Shining Jewel, which powers up special moves if there are no weather effects in play.

... @Hoopa's ability
Ahem, what I mean is, most likely fake, but no guarantees.

There's also a rumor about their in-game events, which includes the previously-revealed abilities. No idea who "the french hackers" here are.

Back